Author Topic: Yacht Rock (I live my life by this show)  (Read 81 times)

Joe Bonanno

Yacht Rock (I live my life by this show)
« on: February 22, 2008, 10:08:46 PM »
Yacht Rock is an online show following the lives and careers of certain soft rockers in the late 1970s and early 1980s.

"Yacht rock" is a name for the popular soft rock that peaked between the years of 1976 and 1984. Significant "yacht rockers" include Michael McDonald, Kenny Loggins, Christopher Cross, and Toto. While the music has existed for years, popular usage of the term yacht rock is relatively new, coming into circulation through the online comedy series of the same name.

In the musical sense, yacht rock refers to the highly polished brand of soft rock that emanated from Southern California during the late 1970s and early 1980s. In part, the term relates to the stereotype of the yuppie yacht owner, enjoying champagne and smooth music while out for a sail. Additionally, since sailing was a popular leisure activity in Southern California, many "yacht rockers" made nautical references in their lyrics, videos, and album artwork, particularly the anthemic track "Sailing" by Christopher Cross.

http://www.channel101.com/shows/show.php?show_id=152

MANBEARPIG.

Re: Yacht Rock (I live my life by this show)
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 02:17:46 PM »
this show is genius I jus finished the entire series.

fuck.

everybody on here needs to peep episode 7, the birth of G Funk.

-KIDRENEGADE-