Author Topic: Bob Marley, FOREVER LOVING JAH Appreciation Thread  (Read 131 times)

Australian Bastard

Bob Marley, FOREVER LOVING JAH Appreciation Thread
« on: February 24, 2008, 04:01:29 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/3GNN2UrJb4o&amp;rel=1&amp;autoplay=0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/3GNN2UrJb4o&amp;rel=1&amp;autoplay=0</a>

Just copped this on wax (the OG not the digital remastered), feel the love yall.

(no matter what stages, status they put us thru)

« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 04:03:43 AM by Australian Bastard »

Doggystylin

Re: Bob Marley, FOREVER LOVING JAH Appreciation Thread
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 04:10:06 AM »
i fucking LOVE this song, possibly my fav bob marley track, ive been bumpin the shit out of this lately, props on the thread

Australian Bastard

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 11:43:22 PM »
 8)

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 07:14:51 AM »
I honestly think dude's overhyped, but I do respect his music and occasionally listen to it. Nice song there, my all-time fav is still the "Redemption Song" though, that's as good as reggae gets

(...ironically it's not even really reggae, technically)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 07:19:18 AM by Kill »

when it rains it pours

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 08:41:43 AM »
This man is a great in my book, from his music to his biography i think he was great man. his music is inspiring and alot of people can relate to it.

Australian Bastard

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2008, 04:57:42 PM »
I honestly think dude's overhyped

:rubeyes:  :eh:  :grumpy: 

the man was a Prophet in my book, in the tradition of Jesus, Buddha, Osiris....
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 05:06:09 PM by Australian Bastard »

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2008, 06:48:58 PM »
I honestly think dude's overhyped

Co-sign... 

...Maybe if I would of been smokin ganga when I was first introduced to Bob Marley, I would probably really love it. 

I think he's over hyped because his name is just so popular whenever anyone thinks of Reggae.  People also, always think of Jamaica when they think of Reggae.   But I think South African artist Lucky Dube is much greater than Bob Marley.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Joe Bonanno

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2008, 06:50:52 PM »
I honestly think dude's overhyped, but I do respect his music and occasionally listen to it. Nice song there, my all-time fav is still the "Redemption Song" though, that's as good as reggae gets

(...ironically it's not even really reggae, technically)

yeah i agree, but i think he did make a great contribution to mainstream music. the problem seems like he's overhyped by ex wiggers who say they just listen to reggae now. its rare i find a bob fan who really bothers to embrace his message of love and light.

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2008, 06:57:04 PM »
People also, always think of Jamaica when they think of Reggae.

I wonder why, lol. Funny that, when I first heard Lucky Dube, I automatically assumed he was Jamaican with a funny accent. Lucky Dube RIP!

It's an insult to say he's overhyped. Bob Marley IS reggae muh'fuckas!!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 07:02:58 PM by Nutty »

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2008, 11:34:17 PM »
yea i love bob, hes like top 15 artists for me, he just does it so well..... and redemption song is prob one of my favs even tho its not technically reggae, rebel hop is incredible....

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2008, 03:37:48 AM »
Ok, I said he's overhyped, not "fuck Bob Marley". But reactions like
 to saying he's overhyped just add to my impression of considering him overhyped (not meaning to offend you Australian Bastard - I respect your opinion, just trying to get my point across). Again, I respect him, but I respect him as a good musician who helped make a veery simple, yet appealing style of music popular and who was one of the best at doing it - and that's where it stops. Everyone's free to think that
the man was a Prophet in the tradition of Jesus, Buddha, Osiris....
but I don't. Ok, I'm not the type to believe in prophets, but aside from that what I see Marley has done is embracing a cult/religion and spreading the word. I don't see how he is a prophet, as little as I believe Haile Selassie was anything other than a mundane dictator with a few exceptional qualities.

I think he's over hyped because his name is just so popular whenever anyone thinks of Reggae.  People also, always think of Jamaica when they think of Reggae.
True. Of course you can't blame people for thinking of Jamaica first, but your point is correct.

yeah i agree, but i think he did make a great contribution to mainstream music. the problem seems like he's overhyped by ex wiggers who say they just listen to reggae now. its rare i find a bob fan who really bothers to embrace his message of love and light.
I wouldn't use the word "rare", but your ex-wigger point I co-sign

It's an insult to say he's overhyped. Bob Marley IS reggae muh'fuckas!!
No, it's not an insult. It's an opinion.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2008, 03:40:55 AM »
I have no intentions of fucking up this appreciation thread, by the way. Props on mentioning "Uprising", cause that's up there with "Exodus" competing for my fav Bob Marley album

Australian Bastard

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2008, 04:21:34 PM »
Ok, I said he's overhyped, not "fuck Bob Marley". But reactions like
 to saying he's overhyped just add to my impression of considering him overhyped (not meaning to offend you Australian Bastard - I respect your opinion, just trying to get my point across). Again, I respect him, but I respect him as a good musician who helped make a veery simple, yet appealing style of music popular and who was one of the best at doing it - and that's where it stops. Everyone's free to think that
the man was a Prophet in the tradition of Jesus, Buddha, Osiris....
but I don't. Ok, I'm not the type to believe in prophets, but aside from that what I see Marley has done is embracing a cult/religion and spreading the word. I don't see how he is a prophet, as little as I believe Haile Selassie was anything other than a mundane dictator with a few exceptional qualities.

Its all good, word, I wasn't actaully offended or anything. "Prophet" is an incredibly loaded word, I don't know much about Hailie Selassie really, sometimes movements need a figurehead, a rock of dogma in the physical realm, I regard Marley as a Prophet in the sense that he brought a good message in a simple form to big mass of people, a very simple criteria for prophetdom, but good hearted people tend to be a minority in a sea of barbarity, we all have the potential to be little prophets in our everyday lives, depnds on your heart.
People generally don't know much for other reggae apart from Bob, he dominates the genre, I think for good reason, but word there is very good reggae overlooked out there, Scientist is good, I gotta find some Lucky Dube, Bob just lives the heart ya kno.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 04:30:01 PM by Australian Bastard »