Author Topic: how can anyone say Dizzee Raskal isnt ill????  (Read 364 times)

Bedford Iz Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • O.Gz Movements.
Re: how can anyone say Dizzee Raskal isnt ill????
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2008, 01:14:12 PM »
Yeah Dizzee Rascal's cool, i've never bothered listening to any of his albums though just for the fuck of it lol probs my mistake in the long run.

The only song i ain't really moved about is the Sirens coming, other ones are all good.

P-Money is the way to go lol. If he went mainstream.

WADD DID HE SAY???...SOMEBODY TELL ME WADD DID HE SAY
KEEP CHATTIN SHIT THEN I DRAW FOR THE STICK
PUT IT TO HIS HEAD LIKE.............WADD DID YOU SAY!!!!!!!!!!!

P-Moneys fuCKED!!!!!...

Lmao  8)
Do you rate him or hate him?
Boy Better Know I roll deep with the Nastiest crew, i'm P-Money but i'm O.Gz too"

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2008, 05:10:37 AM »
yeah from what ive heard..been listenin to him a fair bit lately....he's a beast on sets....not sure about sending for Ghettz though...i think Money would take him in a dance/rave but song for song id put money on Ghetto...Money's still fucked though!!

hardest grime tune since "forward" imo

"suck your mum as fast as you can...ill time you!!".....it's too much LOL

plus check Money murdering this set...the whole sets live actually  8)

« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 05:26:59 AM by StreetsAllSalute »

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2008, 05:22:55 AM »
Slick Rick is the only English rapper who will ever really make it.

Can't imagine America ever accepting that accent.

He DEFINATELY has skills tho.
NO MORE WAR

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2008, 05:30:38 AM »
who's p money ?

he got beef with dizzee or someone else ?

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2008, 05:35:24 AM »
Slick Rick is the only English rapper who will ever really make it.

Can't imagine America ever accepting that accent.

He DEFINATELY has skills tho.

i think english urban acts have got to accept breaking the u.s....could prove to be near impossible...the culture and sound is just alien to them...ive noticed if a u.k emcee has content they sound "like he should stay in his manor house"...whereas if they come street orientated with loads of slang "there overly simple with no techinical skills"...i dont blame americans because they still try to view it in the same light as hip hop...they dont see the dance floors @ raves,pirate radio sets etc...grime has deep roots in garage jungle and techno...so the more pliable option is building a fan base in europe...ive heard grime is pretty well accepted in paris...germany etc....there are a few acts that might do well in the u.s but they will never asscertain dominance

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2008, 05:41:07 AM »
who's p money ?

he's got beef with Ghetto...that wasnt why we brought him up though...he's just been making a name for himself on sets lately check those vids i posted

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2008, 07:39:48 AM »
who's p money ?

he's got beef with Ghetto...that wasnt why we brought him up though...he's just been making a name for himself on sets lately check those vids i posted

pretty nice verse on that live set

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Bedford Iz Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • O.Gz Movements.
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2008, 02:50:20 PM »
Also search him on google and check his myspace. His mixtape 'Coins 2 notes' is on there, i recommend giving it a listen  8) If you liked 'What did he say' i think you'll like the mixtape in general by far...
Boy Better Know I roll deep with the Nastiest crew, i'm P-Money but i'm O.Gz too"

The Purple Champ

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2008, 06:18:59 AM »
he hardly classes as grime anymore these days imo...rare he does songs at 140bpm these days...his style is more rap these days even though i dont doubt he could still make good grime i respect his hustle cus rap money pisses on grime money lol
still is just a bit too fast for me. but that song whee hes on a piano was cool as hell.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2008, 07:11:09 AM »
he hardly classes as grime anymore these days imo...rare he does songs at 140bpm these days...his style is more rap these days even though i dont doubt he could still make good grime i respect his hustle cus rap money pisses on grime money lol
still is just a bit too fast for me. but that song whee hes on a piano was cool as hell.

Dreams ?

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2008, 07:30:58 AM »

Dreams ?

thats the one i said almost killed his career LOL

s'all gd different tastes and that..oh i won £600 on roulette 2day 8)

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2008, 11:32:23 AM »

Dreams ?

thats the one i said almost killed his career LOL

s'all gd different tastes and that..oh i won £600 on roulette 2day 8)

congrats on the win.

the first time i heard dreams all i could think was WTF are you doing dizzee.

it was a blatent attempt at breaking into the mainstream, which i didnt think he needed to do as he had already had success with his other singles.

The song grew on me though.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2008, 12:20:12 PM »
I dropped out after "Showtime" which I personally found less convincing than "Boy in da Corner", but he was innovative when he got his first buzz, only the few things I've heard since didn't really blow my mind anymore. Just my two cents, but no hating on him

bez

« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2008, 04:38:28 AM »
I was getting ratings here and there it carried on until eventually I was everywhere!!!

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2008, 06:56:04 AM »
still my favourite raskit verse

if a girl knows where you stay thats poor
sum whore banging on ya door what for??
pregnant??...what ya talkin bout this for??
fifteen...........shes under age thats raw
and against the law.....five years or more
now she wants a score and a halfa a draw
thats the kinda threat that ya cant ignore
that whore got ya pinned down to the floor

big tings a gwan 8)