Author Topic: How would you describe the state of the world we live in right now?  (Read 480 times)

Sikotic™

Re: How would you describe the state of the world we live in right now?
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2008, 05:41:45 PM »
Life is better than ever. We live longer, we have more knowledge at our hands to manipulate and use nature to our advantage. Life is only getting better. Now if you dumb pessimistic fucks that hinder our growth and progress as a human race would die off, the world would be even better.

Stop whining like bitches. We only got a few moments of this thing called "life", enjoy it while you can.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2008, 05:49:48 PM »
Life is better than ever. We live longer, we have more knowledge at our hands to manipulate and use nature to our advantage. Life is only getting better. Now if you dumb pessimistic fucks that hinder our growth and progress as a human race would die off, the world would be even better.

Stop whining like bitches. We only got a few moments of this thing called "life", enjoy it while you can.

Yeah, I'm enjoying life - Got little or nothing to complain and bitch about

kemizt

GunMaster G-9

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • click the ''Give Props'' link above
« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2008, 07:19:15 PM »
its not about life. my life is good. its the shit thats happenin around u in the world. but then again some people think their life is the world on this forum.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2008, 11:12:09 PM »
The State of the World in 96 looked much better....

-2pac was alive

-West Coast running hip-hop

-Farrakhan's million man march

-Clinton in office, tech boom, economy growing

-No war on terror hoax

-40% of women kept it real, now only 5% of women keep it real

Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sikotic™

« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2008, 11:15:14 PM »
its not about life. my life is good. its the shit thats happenin around u in the world. but then again some people think their life is the world on this forum.
There is nothing new under the sun. What is going on now has happened before and will happen again. There's nothing you can do about it, but complain. If that makes you sleep at night, then so be it.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Trauma-san

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2008, 08:52:06 PM »
^ I agree, mostly.

My whole point is if you look @ history, the entire world is in much better shape as a whole now than it ever has been.  Some places are worse; for instance Iraq right now is of course worse than it was in the past, but probably better than it was at other times, etc.  All in all, though, on a whole, the world is a much more stable place right now than it's ever been.  You don't believe me?  Read a newspaper from the 60's. 

See that's what kills me.  Everybody thinks the world is coming to an end because of the war, or Bush, or both.  Read a little bit of history.  Did you know in the 60's that Americans rioted in the streets, frequently, and that police killed the rioters, frequently?  Did you know that in the 60's, not only was the Vietnam war more hated than the Iraq war is now, that when the soldiers got home the American people spit on them and hated the soldiers who were *drafted* into the war against their own choice?  Did you know that blacks were frequently lynched and murdered in the 60's for shit they didn't even do? 

I'm being patronizing, but I honestly don't believe most of you pessimists understand this.  We are much, much, much, much better off as a whole than we were just a few years ago!  Just reasearch it a little bit!  Everybody thinks the world is ending because we're in a war, but that's just because you've never been in a war. 

Here; again.  In 1944, the allied forces decided to storm the beaches of Normandy as a strategic war tactic.  An estimated 8,443 allied troops suffered casualties, on the beach, that day.  An estimated 3000 died, on the beach, that day.  That's nearly what we've lost in an entire war that's been going on longer than World War II.  So what they lost in World War II in one day, we've lost in the entire multi-year war. 

The world is a horrible place.  Horrible things happen all the time to good people.  It's also much better than it used to be.  Seeing one side of it and not seeing the other, brighter side of it shows a lack of objectivity. 

Doggystylin

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2008, 08:57:10 PM »
Trauma's a positive mothafucka.

Trauma-san

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2008, 09:03:23 PM »
Trauma's a positive mothafucka.

Truly, it's realistic in this though.  Look it up.  Just look, you'll be SHOCKED if you read a newspaper from the 60's.  They report shit like

"Police were called in to stop the riots in downtown philadelphia today; 4 people were reported fatally wounded, 23 were hospitalized"

like it's nothing.  ... because back then, it wasn't anything! It happened all the time. 

You need to think about what's going on around you.  The news wants you to get upset because Gas is expensive.  Think about how fucking rediculous that is.  You have freedom.  You have health.  You have youth.  You have beautiful women.  You have money (some money).  You have family.  You have the sun shining in the sky.  You have fresh air to breathe.  You have green trees to look at.  You have a roof over your head.  You have a job.  You have a free education.  You have opportunity.  You have hope.  You have intellect.  You have luck.  All of this you have for free... and I'm supposed to think the world's fucked up because Gas costs me more money today than it did yesterday? 

I hate to do it, but I will anyways.  150 years ago, we didn't have cars.  Nobody needed gas.  People heated with trees.  What did THEY bitch about?  Lack of intellect, lact of education, lack of opportunity, lack of hope, lack of luck, lack of money, lack of beautiful women, lack of health, etc. many of the things you're given for free just for being born when you were, where you were. 
« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 09:07:42 PM by Trauma-san »

when it rains it pours

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2008, 09:12:34 PM »
pretty shitty

Doggystylin

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2008, 09:15:04 PM »
The State of the World in 96 looked much better....

-2pac was alive

-West Coast running hip-hop

-Farrakhan's million man march

-Clinton in office, tech boom, economy growing

-No war on terror hoax

-40% of women kept it real, now only 5% of women keep it real

LMFAO @ this post btw, put that up in the Infinite classics thread.

Sikotic™

« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2008, 10:21:23 PM »
^ I agree, mostly.

My whole point is if you look @ history, the entire world is in much better shape as a whole now than it ever has been.  Some places are worse; for instance Iraq right now is of course worse than it was in the past, but probably better than it was at other times, etc.  All in all, though, on a whole, the world is a much more stable place right now than it's ever been.  You don't believe me?  Read a newspaper from the 60's. 

See that's what kills me.  Everybody thinks the world is coming to an end because of the war, or Bush, or both.  Read a little bit of history.  Did you know in the 60's that Americans rioted in the streets, frequently, and that police killed the rioters, frequently?  Did you know that in the 60's, not only was the Vietnam war more hated than the Iraq war is now, that when the soldiers got home the American people spit on them and hated the soldiers who were *drafted* into the war against their own choice?  Did you know that blacks were frequently lynched and murdered in the 60's for shit they didn't even do? 

I'm being patronizing, but I honestly don't believe most of you pessimists understand this.  We are much, much, much, much better off as a whole than we were just a few years ago!  Just reasearch it a little bit!  Everybody thinks the world is ending because we're in a war, but that's just because you've never been in a war. 

Here; again.  In 1944, the allied forces decided to storm the beaches of Normandy as a strategic war tactic.  An estimated 8,443 allied troops suffered casualties, on the beach, that day.  An estimated 3000 died, on the beach, that day.  That's nearly what we've lost in an entire war that's been going on longer than World War II.  So what they lost in World War II in one day, we've lost in the entire multi-year war. 

The world is a horrible place.  Horrible things happen all the time to good people.  It's also much better than it used to be.  Seeing one side of it and not seeing the other, brighter side of it shows a lack of objectivity. 
Very well said. History has shown that the civilizations and people of the past were far worse off then we are now. Our children and grandchildren will most likely be even better off then us. By then many of our battles and conflicts will be resolved, but there will be a new set of challenges for them. That's just how it's been and will always be.

THA SAUCE HOUSE