Author Topic: White people got a superiority complex....  (Read 1613 times)

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
Re: White people got a superiority complex....
« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2008, 10:54:41 AM »
  You will NEVER hear a rich white person call somebody a nigger. 

lol....and once again, trauma is wrong
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Nat Turner-reincarnated

« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2008, 01:18:12 PM »
Blacks/Africans have the worst issue when it comes to self love. There are a plentiful amount of blacks who hate their skin complexion or denounce their own heritage/culture. That's another topic however. But props on the last paragraph, totally with you on that one.

word.

You will NEVER hear a rich white person call somebody a nigger. 

lol....and once again, trauma is wrong
word word

Elevz

« Reply #62 on: March 04, 2008, 01:37:36 PM »
Now now now...you say ones skin colour is not an achievement...now i never said that it is (again you assume) but i do feel you should be proud of your skin colour. Why? Because whether u want to admit it or not, it plays a big part in our lives. There is nothing wrong with being proud to be black/white or whatever and still be accepting and treat everyone else the same. Dang, i couldnt give a fuck if you're black or white, im proud to be black but that dont mean i dont like white people or people of any other skin coilour.

I am NOT putting words into your mouth or assuming anything. I simply reflected on your statement of being proud of your racial background. The connection is simple. I did NOT say you said skin color is an achievement. All I said, is that it isn't. What I said, is that you should be proud of achievements of any kind. But being born with a certain complexion - I still don't see why that's something to be proud of. The skin colour doesn't change anything about the person you are. The world may respond differently, thus for someone to be black and making it big perhaps is a bigger achievement. Still, the thing to be proud of won't be the skin colour, but the actual achievement.

Let me put the wikipedia-definition next to it, and you'll see why I'm making a case out of this:
"Pride is an emotion which refers to a strong sense of self-respect, a refusal to be humiliated as well as joy in the accomplishments of oneself or a person, group, nation or object that one identifies with, or to think of one's self as being better than anyone else."

Now... Should you have self-respect BECAUSE you are black? Or because you're a good person, because of your integrity, because of your achievements?
Pride is a matter of considering oneself superior, one way or the other. Should you think of yourself as being better than anyone else, BECAUSE you're black? I think that's bullshit. Let's focus on the things that really matter; the things that really deserve value. It's not one's skin colour, it's not the size of your nose or the street you were born in. It's who you are, what you do, and why. Greatness doesn't come with a skin colour. Not for whites, nor for blacks.

I don't even think it matters who your parents are. You shouldn't be proud of them. You can respect them though, in a major way, if that's what they deserve. You can be proud of yourself for recognising that your parents are valuable people. But you shouldn't be proud, just because they are your parents. Just because they are your parents, doesn't make you a better person. The greatest man who ever walked the earth could have had a son that wasn't worth a dime. It's highly unlikely because most likely that great man would have raised his kids properly, but you get the idea. True pride can only be achieved. There's no free passes in the world of judgement.

Anyways just like to add one thing...in your definition you posted...its not saying to be proud of things which you yourself have only done...it says "as well as joy in the accomplishments of oneself or a person, group, nation or object that one identifies with" so i still believe there is nothing wrong in being proud of your parents, infact by the definition you posted it only furthers my arguement in terms of that IMHO...you can have respect for your parents for what they have done and if they're very good parents and have done alot for you, i see nothing wrong with having some pride about who your parents are.

lol... You caught me off guard there :) I guess it's all about how much you value collectivism, which is something I personally don't. That's a whole new discussion though; I suggest we keep that away from this thread ;)

Anyway, that's definately peace and props.