Author Topic: College Ball  (Read 71 times)

NotoriousTDA

College Ball
« on: March 02, 2008, 09:55:04 PM »
After going to Cuba for a week and only having 3 channels of english on the television (College Basketball being one of them) I noticed how much better this type of

basketball is compared to the NBA. Like these kids are going all out to win for their team and they aren't so lazy about it like it seems in the NBA. These kids have no

multi-million dollar contract that they can just fall back on, so they have all the heart in the world to win each game. I dont really watch basketball that much, but watching

this shit got me really interested in the game again. Too bad i dont get ESPN where I am or else Id be watching it right now.

Whats everyones thoughts?

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
Re: College Ball
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 10:23:01 PM »
I think a lot of it depends on what time of the year you watch and what teams are playing. When you watch some of the top teams in the NBA and a lot is on the line, they play real hard and their skill levels are amazing. In the college game, you get some teams that aren't that good, and they have a lot of heart but little talent. They are basically different games, with college having a lot of zone defenses. The heart and intensity that they show is great, and so is the level of fan support. The good crowds live and die with each single possession, and they have so much pride. The NCAA Tournament style is also great, the 1-and-done thing places so much pressure on one game that it allows for so many upsets. That being said, the NBA features the best players in the world, greater shooting, high-flying athletic plays, and strategy superior to that in college ball. They are so different that I really can't compare, because I go back and forth on it. I went to the 1st two rounds in Sacramento a few years back, and went to a couple of the Warriors playoff games last year, and both were great experiences. The tournament was crazy because all the different teams and games and fans from everywhere, but the Warriors games were so intense because EVERYONE was a Warriors fan. Overall, I prefer the season stretch of the pro game, but I can see where you are coming from.
I got a bird's eye view

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 08:45:51 AM »
your also watching inferior talent compared to the NBA

NBA players are so good they make it look easy

if you took a team of NBA scrubs they'd wax a team of college allstars
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 12:16:08 PM »
College basketball is great...The game is a lot less manufactured and has a more authentic feel to it. That said, I prefer the NBA for its superior talent and play. I rather watch a good college game over a meaningless regular season NBA game with no competition, though.

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2008, 05:15:23 PM »
good lookin on the posts.

NIK i feel you on that one