Author Topic: [7/8] HIPHOP4EVA Presents: Big Tunes Vol. 1 (NEW FIRE MIXTAPE!)  (Read 85 times)

ThaHed

• 'G'
HIPHOP4EVA Presents: Big Tunes Vol. 1

1. Bone Thugs-N-Harmony - Flow Motion
2. Tum Tum - You Ain't Hungry
3. Lil Wyte featuring Project Pat - Feelin Real Pimpish
4. B.G. featuring Young Jeezy - Hustle
5. Hurricane featuring The Game, Lil Boosie, E-40, Birdman & Jadakiss - Ay Bay Bay Remix
6. DJ Jazzy Jeff featuring Big Daddy Kane - The Garden
7. Turf Talk featuring E-40 - Popo's
8. Boss Hogg Outlawz - Ride On 4's
9. Mr. Lucci featuring Mr. Mothis - Maintain
10. Messy Marv & Mitchy Slick - Click Clack
11. Pastor Troy - Will He Come Home Tonight
12. Styles P - Frustration
13. Young Buck featuring The Outlawz & C-Bo - Money Made Me Crazy
14. Trae featuring Lil Wayne - Screwed Up
15. Mistah Fab featuring Too Short - On Your Way
16. Tha Dogg Pound - Good Azz Day
17. Kanye West - Stronger
18. T.I. - My Type
19. Luu Breeze & Jus-Nice - Lord Forgive Me

HIPHOP4EVA Presents: Big Tunes Vol. 1
Be sure to check out HIPHOP4EVA's new exclusive mixtape featuring some of the best new tracks from around the globe, West coast, East coast, South and Canada. Be sure to visit the MySpace at http://www.mypsace.com/hh4e for other exclusive tapes and downloads and much more and be sure to download "Big Tunes Vol. 1" and help spread it. Also check out HIPHOP4EVA's blogspot at http://www.hiphop4eva.blogspot.com

[size=24]DOWNLOAD LINK:[/size]
http://media1.filewind.com/g.php?filepath=8502

or

http://www.datpiff.com/HIPHOP4EVA-Big-Tunes-Vol-1-mid5541.html

[size=24]Visit HIPHOP4EVA on MySpace
http://www.myspace.com/hh4e[/size]

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
DUBCNN: Exclusive Interview With Celly Cel!
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 03:33:58 PM »
http://www.dubcnn.com
http://www.dubcnn.com/interviews
http://www.dubcnn.com/interviews/cellycel/

Exclusive Interview With Celly Cel - July 16, 2007 By : Eddie

Dubcnn's "Summer Of Heat" Interview Series officially starts now, and we are happy to reveal that our first featured artist is none other than Bay Area legend Celly Cel!

In this exclusive feature, Celly chops it up with us about many different aspects of the rap game. We discuss the West Coast movement he is pushing on his new mixtape “Cali Luv,” and he also shares his first-hand knowledge of the benefits of being on an independent label versus a major. In addition to all of this, we discuss his new solo album “Jealousy,” which will be dropping in early 2008, and for all the old school fans, Celly takes us back in time and re-visits his experiences making the classic hits “Hot Sunny Day,” “It’s Goin’ Down,” and “Game Ain’t Blind.” Check out the interview below.

Exclusive Interview With Celly Cel [July 2007]

Celly's mixtape "Cali Luv" drops tomorrow, and it will be available for purchase right here on Dubcnn! Come back later in the week and grab yourself a copy.

Who will be the next artist featured in our "Summer of Heat" series? Come back on Wednesday to find out...

Drop some feedback guys!

Bones01

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Bishop Lamont ft Nune, Stat Quo Shade Shiest- Lights Out
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007, 02:47:14 PM »

sniperuk

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Young'Un
Ja Rule The Mirror SNIPPETs Leak 'Father Forgive Me' 'Judas' 'Damn' Etc
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 12:09:48 PM »

holla...........

Nima - Dubcnn.com

julio g interview PT 2 text
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2007, 11:17:41 AM »
rud, can you hook it up? i can drop it tomorrow!

So let's do some name dropping, who do you have on the album so far?

I got Dro, I got Quik and AMG, I got Snoop Dogg, Mack 10, Glasses Malone and Butch Cassidy, that record that has been on the radio is for my album and also Mack 10's "Soft White" album. I got this kid named Young Sinatra from the Bay that I like a lot, I got Mitchy Slick representing San Diego, I got Bishop Lamont, The Federation, the Young Hoggs, B-Real from Cypress Hill, the Dogg Pound, Topic from West Covina, I think Damani is gonna get on it, and I got a song with a whole bunch of different artists at the end, like Bad Lucc, Mykestro, Dro, Jay Rock.

That "West Coast Roll Call" right?

Yeah that "West Coast Roll Call"! We're adding a few people to the version I'm putting out, a lot of people on it.

I also heard that you got a big remix on there?

Yeah I might be doing this remix with this Snoop Dogg song, just trying to figure that out today actually. I might be doing this remix to his song "Snooperman", but add Above The Law to it, cause he's rapping over their beat. I'm actually trying to track them down now to get them on the remix and put it out with them on it.

Which are your personal highlights on the album?

You know, I like Quik & AMG's song a lot.

Is it a Fixxers song?

It's a Fixxers song, yeah. I like them. I like how Dro started the record off, I like the Young Hoggs song too, they're very creative.

Were these all songs that were specifically recorded for the project?

Yeah, yeah, these are all new songs. I picked diferent songs from different people.

I heard dubcnn is represented on there...

Yeah yeah! That's right! I used dubcnn as the correspondent that does the skits, my girl Tiffany plays the reporter and she's reporting for dubcnn.com. I wanted to put ya'll in it cause I be on ya'll site a lot, so I had to show some love!

So what's the release date for "Westside Radio"?

Sometime in the middle of November or something. (Editor's note: Album was pushed back since the interview, no set release date as of yet.)

Can we expect a single or a video?

Yeah, I have a video for Dro's song on the DVD, cause there's a DVD coming with the record as a bonus, where you'll see interviews with a lot of the guys on the record, a couple of videos and stuff like that. It was a lot of fun shooting Dro's video, the whole Jordan Downs Project came out on a Friday night when we shot the video. So the album is a CD and a DVD for the price of a CD, I'm not charging extra, that's just my bonus DVD for the people who like the interviews that I do. The album is more of a representation of "Westside Radio", it's a platform for the newer guys, I wanted to give them a shot, the Jay Rock's and the Topic's and the Glasses Malone's, the Young Hogg's. I could've just went and got all the namers and put Too Short and E-40 and all that, but I wanted to show the new faces. I hope that the next big dudes come off that record. That's what the whole thing is.

You should do a new "Julio G Anthem" on there!

We're gonna do that for the second one, the second record is gonna be a little different. I have a better idea for the second record, this first record was just to do it, and I learned a lot of things that I should have done in the earlier stages, and things I should have wrapped up at the end. But it is what it is, you live and learn. The next one is going to be a little different.

You were at the "Cali Iz Active" video shoot, what kind of an experience was that?

Well you know, it's always good to get everybody together! I brought my daughter and her little friend out, it was good to get everybody together. People have this impression of the West Coast, not only people, but us ourselves too, we have the impression that we aren't together. I think that we actually are more together than people think. I think we as the West Coast, and when I say "we" I mean DJ's and artists, we need to highlight our togetherness more, instead of just living off this hype that people think you don't get along. Cause it's not true!

I got to studios where there's Bloods and Crips! Everybody knows everybody from somewhere! I always tell artists: Back in the 80's, King Tee, Eazy-E, CMW, Toddy Tee, they would all be in the same party! They might have not hung out all in one circle, but it was cool! And these  was all different muthafuckas from Compton! If they had nothing good to say, they just didn't say nothing. That's what I tell West Coast artists: Dogg, if you ain't got shit good to say about a muthafucka, just don't say nothing! Just say you think he's cool, and leave it at that! Cause that's what hurts us! Nobody is on that shit man, everybody knows everybody from somewhere. The reason we're doing what we do is to create some music, create an avenue to create something for your kids, to better you as a person! We should be asking ourselves what can we do for the neighborhood, to do something bigger and better!

Artists and people always feel like you gotta keep it so muthafuckin' real, and it's gotta be just real. Like you gotta live it like that, walk it like that and prove it to people that you're really real. Well, that's cool! Alright! But, this is the music business. That don't really matter. What really matters is, what are you gonna do with it when you get successful? Are you gonna give back to your community? Do you want our kids to think that it's about that? That's why I choose to do what I do. I think out of all the radio DJ's in Los Angeles, and I'm not saying this to sound better than anybody, but I do a lot of community work that people don't know about. I was just in the Jordan Downs Projects for 4-5 hours doing a talent show, hosting it, putting it together, all for free. I got in my car, drove off, no problem! Compton same thing, Inglewood, same thing! I got to a lot of jails, talk to a lot of kids, and "Westside Radio" is what people attach it to! But that's not what I want you to feed into.

What I want you to feed into is that I am from the neighborhood, and I have something positive to tell you. I don't roll with 50 people, banging out, I don't do that. I just want to try to do whatever I can do to help young kids have a positive outlook. I sitll live in the hood, there is no problem with that, I don't feel like I have to fun anywhere or whatever, I gotta deal with the same shit as everybody else. Everybody I go to the liquor store or go get gas, I have to watch my ass, that's just life, that's just the hood, there's nothing new about that. But I feel like I'm a positive person, and that's what I tell artists: make your music man, do whatever you do, but when you come outside, you gotta show some positive energy, cause that's what brought us down, people thinking that we're all fucking crazy and that we're gonna fuck shit up, and that we can't get along! It's really not all that.

I did a show in Long Beach with Dro, with Compton niggas there, Watts muthafuckas, and Long Beach niggas, all in one room! I thought for sure, this is it! All the shit I've ever done in 20 years, I thought this night was it! I was like "Aw man, you at the wrong fuckin' spot tonight!" I didn't know all these Compton and Watts niggas was gonna be here, and now these Long Beach niggas done stepped in. They don't get a long like that! But you know what happened? It was all love! Compton niggas got up there and performed, rocked it, everybody clapped, Dro got on represented Watts, everybody clapped, a couple Long Beach guys got up there, everybody clapped. It was all love! It was an understanding, O.G.'s was there who probably ain't stepped out the house in years! But we weren't there for that, we were there to have fun. That's what you call a gangsta party, and we had a great time, in a little ass spot in Long Beach, it was crazy. But it was good to see, cause I think that's where we're at.

A good example is Dro, he's from the Jordan Downs Project, Jay Rock is from the Nickerson Garden Projects. They've had their situations over in Watts, on both sides. But I ain't never heard Dro say shit about Jay Rock fucked up, and I ain't never heard Jay Rock say shit about Dro. It's all about Watts. And that's cool, I like that. That's what I think the important issue is with the West Coast music. The music is there, it needs to be highlighted more, and the support needs to be there more. From the radio too, and I'm not just talking about playing the shit, I'm talking about real support! Be with it! Don't just fall victim to everybody elses shit. I love the South, they make great music, they doin' they thing! But I'm going West first. *laughs* It's West first! That's just what it is! And then, I'll listen to that. We're on some other shit on the West Coast, we're on some Hip-Hop shit too!

Which records that dropped this year did you like the most, in general.

I enjoyed Kanye's album, I enjoyed 50 Cent's album. I like Common's album a lot. I like the "Doctor's Advocate" a lot too, I bought that record like three times. I like Jeezy's album too that came out. I be listening to so much different shit. I heard WC's album is really good too, I haven't had a chance to cop it yet. But when I was in a Jordan Downs Projects muthafuckas was tellin me that shit is hard, so I'ma have to go see what that's about.

As a last question, what are your expectations fo Detox?

My expectations for Detox are... I mean when I saw Dr. Dre come out at the MTV Awards, he looked healthy! He looked like he was working it out, which I thought was a good sign for the Detox. Cause that's what I got from it! Like this guy, he's detoxed! For real! I think in a weird way, when I saw that, it made me feel good! I'm 38, he's probably 40 something, he was always a little older than me, and he looks phenomenal! I thought that was a good way to promote healthiness amongst kids and things like that. That's what I mean when I say things that people won't highlight. They won't highlight that! They'll only highlight it if Dr. Dre got a gun on the cover! They don't do the West like that, they do us wrong! And then when other muthafuckas start to do it, then it's gonna be their idea.

But I thought that was a real good look. I'm sure when he puts that record out, he's gonna look very healthy and very detoxed. That inspires a lot of people to try and change their habits, who have been probably smoking weed for a long time, or whatever. Like it's time for the detox. So musically, I know it's gonna be crazy, cause that's just what he does! Specially when he takes his time on it. Whatever Dr. Dre does, he's guaranteed to sell atleast 2 or 3 from me, cause I bought all his album 3 or 4 times. I always go buy that shit again. I can't wait to hear it and I know it's going to be a great album.

What about Snoop's new album "Ego Trippin'"?

I'm always down with Snoop. One thing we didn't touch on that I wanted to mention is, when we were talking about DJ's earlier, there's also responsibility that goes on to the artists side. Like I told Snoop before, he wanted to have a meeting with the artists, and wanted me to round up the DJ's and have a closed room discussion. When I do what I do, I put pressure on all them guys, like "Ya'll ain't doin that!" So it puts them in a bad space, but I don't try to do it to put them [other DJ's] in a bad space. But I think that also the artists don't understand that DJ's have to go by certain rules too! They don't have that much freedom and power to do what they want to do. But on the other hand, it's also the artists responsibility to support the DJ's! Cause if you look back in the history of records, of West Coast Hip-Hop, you'd think my name must have been mentioned atleast 50 times! But you really never hear my name, ever!

Like on Game's first album, I loved that album, but the only problem I had with it was: "Why you shouting out them New York DJ's dog? That's cool and everything, but they already blowing up! Why don't you shout us out? Why don't you shout out some real niggas like Joe Cooley, Tony G, Julio G, and the muthafuckas that created this for all ya'll! The guy you got tatooed on your arm, I broke his records! It's like homie, come on! But the only person that came through is actually Snoop Dogg! Snoop Dogg always makes sure that I get on his album and do some kind of skit, cause he knows that that blows me up around the world! So he understand that he has to give me some love, cause he's a big artists and I've helped him and all his artists. So why wouldn't he just put me on a record and let me say my name and do a little skit?

That's something I gotta say about Snoop too, out of all the big artists, he's always been looking out. He put me on that "Big Squeeze" compilation, and he's always supporting, even though he doesn't have to!

Yeah! That's what I mean! And I need it! I love him for that! Dr. Dre also, I give him his! In the "2001" booklet, I'm the only DJ in the picture collage. That was a big thing for me, that was 10 million records sold on that shit! That was just nice! We need that! I think that the artists out here, they complain about the DJ's, but then you gotta ask yourself, what are you doing for them? Are you just calling out niggas just to get your shit played so you can come up? Or are you calling muthafuckas saying "What can I do for you man? Help me out, and what can I do for you?" East Coast and Down South muthafuckas, that's how they get down! That question is given to me and asked more by East Coast and Down South artists than any West artist. That I can tell you straight out. That's not a diss to the artists, it's just the way things are.

When you come to a DJ, you gotta say "What can I do for you man?" And if it's nothing right now, I'ma still hold that in my pocket, cause I'ma need you eventually to do something for me! If I helped you get some place and helped blow your shit up, then maybe you can help me on my shit! So that shouldn't be a problem, and I think that there is a miscommunication when it comes to the artists and the DJ's. It ain't always necessarily about money or payolo or anything like that. Like me, I'm doing a record, and I'm like "Hey I need you to get on this record for me." It should be "Ok I got you, no problem!" It works both ways, I support you, you support me! That's what it is! That's what I like to hear more West Coast artists do, shout the DJ's out a little bit more on records and put they names out a little bit more, cause we need the promotion too! That's why the New York guys is driving benzo's and shit like that, doing it big! Cause they do that with each other!

How many times you heard Funk Master Flex's name on a record, or Kid Capri's name on a record over the years? Whoo Kid, Clue, the reason you know all they names is cause rappers put they names in songs that you heard! But then you listen to L.A. records and it's just blank! It's like they say everything about L.A. except the DJ's! Like they don't exist! And then they come to you like "Ay man, why you ain't show me no love?" "Oh really? Where was your love?" I asked a few artists that! "How many times you said my name on a record? You ain't got a story about me muthafucka? I was out here doing it before you! You were a little kid listening to me! I inspired you, man! You can't even say my name, say Julio G something? Damn dogg!" And then they catch themselves, like "Damn, he's right! I didn't even think about that" *laughs* That's what I mean, the artists gotta meet the DJ's half way, and the DJ's need to do their job too.

I appreciate your time man, that was a lot of knowledge right there. Is there anything else you'd like to let everybody know?

Man, what else? Let me think... Just go get that album man, go support that "Westside Radio". It's not about sales, it's more about a statement,  I just need people, whoever has appreciated my work over the years, who understands the bigger picture, please go support that record. It's a hell of a statement to make, and we need to start something man... I was just on some blogs yesterday, and muthafuckas was talking shit about us man, like we're just out, or we're done! That shit be hurting my feelings man, like we're done? Come on, man! Ya'll muthafuckas don't know... That's why there needs to be more support out here, I just hope that people enjoy the Westside Radio album. I got more to come, so just go ahead and support it!

timm2014

• The Vault Emeritus
  • Muthafuckin' Double OG
CREDITS: The Grouch - Crusader For Justice
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 12:55:13 PM »
The Grouch
Crusader For Justice
2004 Legendary Music

1. Crumble Your Tower

2. Where I Wanna Get

3. Crusader For Justice

4. Backseat Driver (feat. Safari & Scarub)

5. Cloud Nine (feat. Yadira Brown)

6. Some People

7. Clean Nikes

8. Dragonfly

9. Ain't My Life

10. No Slow Thinkers

11. Juxtaposed (feat. Eye Cue)

12. Paint A Perfect Picture

13. Better Than You
Produced by Eligh

14. Moves That Make Me (feat. Bicasso & Zion I)

15. More Than Meets The Eye

All tracks Produced by The Grouch except track 13