Author Topic: Snoop: "I don't need Dr. Dre"  (Read 1661 times)

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Re: Snoop: "I don't need Dr. Dre"
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2008, 02:35:56 PM »
dogfather is off the chain and is arguably his second best album, its still ahead of most shit droppin these days. As for needing dre, snoop does not, he needs dre as much as dre needs him in all honesty...they're just fine without each other but together when they unite truly they are amazing. Also the game to be...is a wack album, horrible and RnG is pretty average and BCT with dre on it is weak...PTCTBTB>BCT....

snoop dont need dre, he only needs great people around him, whether its teddy, neptunes, quick or dre....who is in my opinion the greatest hiphop producer ever BUT like wcsoldier said, he aint been droppin heat for more than a minute and neptunes and snoop been hittin the top of the charts with shit like drop it like its hot which was off the chain...

he aint dependent on nobody, you dont last a whole 15 year career from a teenager to a grown ass man and continue to reinvent yourself as a rapper if you're dependent on somebody, he is one of the greatest ever, dont front

pz

note that Dre was not an executive producer on BCT, and yes that makes a difference for the final product as Jome pointed out.

but i disagree with you about dre needing snoop as much as snoop needs dre; Dre has enough talented people to work with for Detox, while Snoop was forced to work without his mentor too soon ( this is true, i've seen a snoop documentory, which included interviews with snoop in which he says that he was forced to stand on his own two feet too soon, because of Dre's departure from death row).
i'm not saying that Dre should be Snoop's babysitter, but snoop definately needs a mentor, to criticise his work and that person doesn't have to be dre; but dre just happens to be good at being an executive producer.
in other words, snoop needs to stop smoking so much.

i def agree that dre not being exec producer made a difference on BCT...but i think the beats dre gave him on that were garbage aswell...and about the snoop documentary, possibly he let snoop walk on his own too soon but talent is talent and for someone to be around for 15 years in the game still as relavent today as he was 10 years back says he dont need NOBODY...dre and snoop is a honour, not a need. Also i totally disagree about snoop needing dre more than dre needs snoop, you can say where would snoop have been without dre on dogystyle, but no other rapper in the world could put out a album like dogystyle....no other rapper could bless dre like snoop did on chornic, no other rapper could bring back that magic that all hiphop fans love about snoop and dre like snoop did on 2001....where would those albums be without snoop? they would be dope but nowhere near as dope as they would be snoop....thats why i say dre better have snoop on detox if he wants it too list as his third classic because in chronic, dogystlye, 2001 (3 classics)....the only 2 constants were snoop and dre so if dre wanna make detox classic, he better make sure he got snoop on it and i know he will be on it, dre wont let detox out without being blessed by snoop unless snoop for some reason says no...which i hope not, dre and snoop really need to make an album together.

pz

Crip2Nite: South Central LA's HoOdSTAr

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2008, 02:36:02 PM »
Snoop is right...He's established a brand to where he doesn't need the 'assitance' of a certain "producer" to move decent numbers or remian relevant in the industry...As 'Dr. Lazy' is approaching 60 years old  :o, I think it's safe to say that Dre needs Snoop more than Snoop needs Dre as fas as RAP music goes. A Dre album (aka compilation) without Snoop would be dissapointing for anyone. There are too many stalled or scrapped projects out there involving Dr. Lazy to be sitting around waiting on him to "produce" an album..

:laugh: @ "Detox"  ::)

LOL...U Mad? Fag :laugh:
Fuck that fake ass crip Crip2nite.  Gets on my nerves how some people on these forums

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2008, 04:18:05 PM »

Lol, dope conclusion

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2008, 04:29:51 PM »
snoop speaking that networth,i agree with him 100,dre is the greatest,but you can't sit bacc and wait,yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

~Lucien~

« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2008, 07:05:50 PM »
Tha Doggfather didn't have any Dre either and it was banging.

That's true, still one of the best albums from Snoop.

Doggfather is dope! DJ Pooh make some decent tracks.

Doggfather was hella decent 8)

best Snoop album after Doggystyle

co sign

funkkid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2008, 08:17:39 PM »

Man, Dr. Dre is the greatest producer of the Westcoast

lol, since when?
exactly...2 me it's quik but again that's just me

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2008, 12:18:34 AM »
dogfather is off the chain and is arguably his second best album, its still ahead of most shit droppin these days. As for needing dre, snoop does not, he needs dre as much as dre needs him in all honesty...they're just fine without each other but together when they unite truly they are amazing. Also the game to be...is a wack album, horrible and RnG is pretty average and BCT with dre on it is weak...PTCTBTB>BCT....

snoop dont need dre, he only needs great people around him, whether its teddy, neptunes, quick or dre....who is in my opinion the greatest hiphop producer ever BUT like wcsoldier said, he aint been droppin heat for more than a minute and neptunes and snoop been hittin the top of the charts with shit like drop it like its hot which was off the chain...

he aint dependent on nobody, you dont last a whole 15 year career from a teenager to a grown ass man and continue to reinvent yourself as a rapper if you're dependent on somebody, he is one of the greatest ever, dont front

pz

note that Dre was not an executive producer on BCT, and yes that makes a difference for the final product as Jome pointed out.

but i disagree with you about dre needing snoop as much as snoop needs dre; Dre has enough talented people to work with for Detox, while Snoop was forced to work without his mentor too soon ( this is true, i've seen a snoop documentory, which included interviews with snoop in which he says that he was forced to stand on his own two feet too soon, because of Dre's departure from death row).
i'm not saying that Dre should be Snoop's babysitter, but snoop definately needs a mentor, to criticise his work and that person doesn't have to be dre; but dre just happens to be good at being an executive producer.

i def agree that dre not being exec producer made a difference on BCT...but i think the beats dre gave him on that were garbage aswell...and about the snoop documentary, possibly he let snoop walk on his own too soon but talent is talent and for someone to be around for 15 years in the game still as relavent today as he was 10 years back says he dont need NOBODY...dre and snoop is a honour, not a need. Also i totally disagree about snoop needing dre more than dre needs snoop, you can say where would snoop have been without dre on dogystyle, but no other rapper in the world could put out a album like dogystyle....no other rapper could bless dre like snoop did on chornic, no other rapper could bring back that magic that all hiphop fans love about snoop and dre like snoop did on 2001....where would those albums be without snoop? they would be dope but nowhere near as dope as they would be snoop....thats why i say dre better have snoop on detox if he wants it too list as his third classic because in chronic, dogystlye, 2001 (3 classics)....the only 2 constants were snoop and dre so if dre wanna make detox classic, he better make sure he got snoop on it and i know he will be on it, dre wont let detox out without being blessed by snoop unless snoop for some reason says no...which i hope not, dre and snoop really need to make an album together.

pz

i was only talking about dre not necessarily needing snoop for detox, it was different in the past, but then again, who produced doggystyle and who made the best out of snoop?
offcourse snoop was important for dre in the past as well, he helped dre a lot after NWA.
but what i was trying to say is, Detox is not going to be a chronic something album; on 2001 snoop already made less appearances than on the Chronic, and it was Dre & the D.O.C. who helped make a track like Imagine for Snoop, and whether you liked it or not, that's the type of tracks Detox is going to have.
that doesn't imply that Snoop would be useless for detox, no, but i'm questioning your statement about snoop being so important for Detox.

crip-hop

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2008, 12:31:53 AM »
dre is a good producer but im tired of detox and him, hes 50s bitch now 8)

Birdie

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2008, 01:37:10 AM »
At the same time, what would "The Chronic" or "2001" be without Snoop?  Definatly not the same man.

In my opinion... ''The Chronic'' or ''2001'' without Snoop? If you put Dr.Dre's stepbrother Warren G instead of Snoop Dogg on that records, you've got still the same classics (maybe biggest, nobody knows). Can you imagine Warren G on that tracks? ''Nuthin' But a G Thang'' with Warren G's verses? Damn, I feel it. Snoop got layback style on it, Warren G could do it too.

Maybe I sound like some hater and shit, but nope. I love Doggystyle & Tha Doggfather. I feel early Snoop plus he was rollin' with No Limit Soldiers and that's what I love too. But now, I've got mixed feelings. What he says, what he does. It could be better.
It's funky enough!

messi19

« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2008, 02:03:17 AM »
U gotta understand where he's comin from though he prolly get this question everyday, just like Bishop, Game, 50 and everybody else once/still associated with Dre.

And as far as DETOX im not even anticipating the shit until i hear a single. I stopped waitin for the shit like 4 years ago
its ridiculous now real talk. Either drop the shit or not damn, just think of how many albums he could've dropped instead
between these years instead of doin 1 and its STILL not out yet.