Author Topic: new d.o.c. album in the works  (Read 1081 times)

westcity

• Lil Geezy
Re: new d.o.c. album in the works
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2008, 02:00:28 PM »
^^^
that what I tought as well,I'm a little dissapointed. Then it's just going to another Deuce,he wrote most if not all of 6-2's lyrics on that so... what's new? If Dre is going to produce the whole thing,well then it's just like another "Chronic".

there will be a few surprises in the album, but I cant say right now what they will be. But trust me . .if you are a d.o.c. fan you will not be dissapointed with this album.
It won't be anything like Deuce. That album was made to showcase some of his new young talent on his silverback label. His new album will have a totally different concept and purpose.

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2008, 02:07:44 PM »
If Dre is going to produce the whole thing,well then it's just like another "Chronic".

You say that like it's a bad thing

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2008, 02:12:31 PM »
^^^
that what I tought as well,I'm a little dissapointed. Then it's just going to another Deuce,he wrote most if not all of 6-2's lyrics on that so... what's new? If Dre is going to produce the whole thing,well then it's just like another "Chronic".

i see why you feel that way, but don't you think that you're exaggerating a bit?
you know as much as i do how diverse the D.O.C. is as a lyricist.

on the other hand, he says he wants to have certain artists on it that he respects, so in that way the options are somewhat limited for the album, but i think it's too early to call it a compilation or a chronic something album  ;)

Chad Vader

« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2008, 04:22:49 PM »
^^^
that what I tought as well,I'm a little dissapointed.
Then it's just going to another Deuce,he wrote most if not all of 6-2's lyrics on that so... what's new?
If Dre is going to produce the whole thing,well then it's just like another "Chronic".

there will be a few surprises Oin the album, but I cant say right now what they will be.
But trust me . .if you are a d.o.c. fan you will not be dissapointed with this album.
It won't be anything like Deuce. That album was made to showcase some of his new young talent on his silverback label.
His new album will have a totally different concept and purpose.

....and your source is?

:P :P :P :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I expected another "Helter Skelter" album,a D.O.C SOLO album,but this time around Dre would produce it.

^^^
Then it's just going to another Deuce,he wrote most if not all of 6-2's lyrics on that so... what's new?

i see why you feel that way, but don't you think that you're exaggerating a bit?
on the other hand, he says he wants to have certain artists on it that he respects,
so in that way the options are somewhat limited for the album,
but i think it's too early to call it a compilation or a chronic something album  ;)

But I assume D.O.C´s favorites is the usual suspects,so I expect to see N.W.A,The Chronic team,MC Breed and 6-2.....
I love all those artists and The Deuce is tight... but as I said above I expected a SOLO album this time around.

funkstylz

« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2008, 04:44:49 PM »
i actually liked deuce.... and look forward to another , props on the info.

westcity

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2008, 08:24:37 PM »
^^^

there will be a few surprises Oin the album, but I cant say right now what they will be.
But trust me . .if you are a d.o.c. fan you will not be dissapointed with this album.
It won't be anything like Deuce. That album was made to showcase some of his new young talent on his silverback label.

....and your source is?

the d.o.c.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2008, 12:34:28 AM »
^^^

....and your source is?

:P :P :P :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I expected another "Helter Skelter" album,a D.O.C SOLO album,but this time around Dre would produce it.

^^^

on the other hand, he says he wants to have certain artists on it that he respects,
so in that way the options are somewhat limited for the album,
but i think it's too early to call it a compilation or a chronic something album  ;)

But I assume D.O.C´s favorites is the usual suspects,so I expect to see N.W.A,The Chronic team,MC Breed and 6-2.....
I love all those artists and The Deuce is tight... but as I said above I expected a SOLO album this time around.

yeah i agree with you, i'm also a bit disappointed, but i just thought you were a bit too pessimistic  ;)

the d.o.c.
why would he give information to you through myspace, while he stays low key all the time?

if i'm not mistaken, the title for the album is still voice threw hot vessels.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2008, 08:35:08 AM »
yeah i agree with you, i'm also a bit disappointed, but i just thought you were a bit too pessimistic  ;)

You think so  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Nahhh I love both Helter Skelter and The Deuce,so whatever goes down I´m all for it.  ;)
But I was hoping for another Helter Skelter,some dark shit....  :P
i guess i misunderstood your post then  :laugh:
anyway, like i said in the pm, i wanted such a concept album, with the D.O.C. performing as well  ;)
i need to check the other interview ( you posted it in the six2/D.O.C. topic), i don't understand why there is such a huge change of plans all of a sudden.
perhaps dre told him not to do it with this voice  :-\

MediumL

« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2008, 08:44:23 AM »
Can't wait to hear people like Cube, Snoop and Ren on this shit!  8)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>