Author Topic: My Theory on Kobe's performane without Shaq  (Read 153 times)

Youngster323

My Theory on Kobe's performane without Shaq
« on: April 06, 2002, 12:09:40 PM »
Well lets admit it , the LAkers are a .500 with Shaq out of the lineup. Is it cuz Kobe cant carry a team? NO. Is it cuz the Lakers forget that they are playing without SHaq so they soften up on Defense? Maybe but the main reason is cuz the Lakers were built around Shaq. With Perimeter shooters like Fox, Horry, Fisher, Hunter, George, and Shaw, the lakers have a hard time without Shaq. ANother reason why the lakers are only a .500 team without Shaq is cuz the Triangle offense is built around Shaq. They kick it in to Shaq gets double team horry steps out Fox moves to the side, Horry passes up the 3 gives it to the open man which is Fox and there u have it the Triangle offense to perfection. If there is no Shaq, teams wont double team Medvenko, Walker, and Horry. They will double and even triple team Kobe giving him a hard time. The last year for shaq will probably be 2004 the lakers in two years will start building around kobe and by that time Kobe will improve more and more becoming even more clutch and more of an all around player. IT WILL be Kobez team soon, I wonder how the lakers will do there after they build arounD Kobe
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: My Theory on Kobe's performane without Shaq
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2002, 12:25:48 PM »
very true... very very true. That's when Kobe will be the MVP.

IKON

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Pharoahe - God's Gift to Vocabulary BIOTCH!!!!
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2002, 03:57:14 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Very very true.

I am a big Laker fan and I get so frustrated when Shaq is out cause the rest of the team just cannot function as well without him. Yes, the Lakers were built around Shaq to perfectly compliment his game. Kobe is a great player but he has not yet reached that leadership MVP status yet. He is like Scottie Pippen and Shaq is Jordan.
With Scottie the Bulls were a average team but with Jordan they are a Championship Team

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2002, 06:26:23 PM »
wow i was going to say the same thing, basically that WHOLE organization is built around shaq and what he needs...so how are they going to function without him? plus let's face it Kobe has never been captain of that team until this year and hasn't had to have every thing rely on him for basically his whole career, that's about the only one thing i can say about kobe's game that sux, he can't carry a team all by hiself right now, due to inexperience. plus the rest of the team are just role players to accomidate Shaq, so it's going to be kinda hard to all the sudden switch to accomidate Kobe in the Triangle. Which is a whole entire different game than Kobe's

i ain't making excuses for the 2 loses but that's true...and it was true about the bulls too, very true

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

bez

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2002, 02:11:09 AM »
Magic 4 life