Author Topic: Truth is, when you compare discographies; Tupac isn't seeing Cube on ANY LEVEL  (Read 1942 times)

OG Hack Wilson

last I checked Cube wasn't on "Niggaz4Life"

haha, didn't realize I put that up

either way , doesn't change anything

me against the world > cube's career
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Sofa_King_Awesome

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Five poppin' Six droppin'
Cube fell of way back in 94. When dude dropped The Predator  it was a wrap for dude.
are you people that dumb and slow...lol...
Tuff one...but quik is up there...put it on me is classic imo and on some detox shit...dj lethal>>dj quik....rza>>premo.....dre>>>quik....rza=dre....dre, rza, quik, dj lethal>>>>>timberland, rockwielder, EIMINEM, mannie fresh

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
i like tupacs overall production better, tupac is overrated but damn on those deathrow beats i cant think of anyone else that can beat that.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

OG Snoopaveli

How can this be taken serious ?

Pac was active from 91-96, in case u can't count.. that's FIVE years.
And Cube has been active since 86... 21 years..

::)

I agree if pac was active fo 21 years i think he did 20 album solo !!
Since Thug Life Pac did classic! all his album are classic
Thug Life
Me Against The World
All Eyez On Me
Makaveli
Now imagine if he was still alive

Birdie

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Long Beach Iz Active: You talked shit on the first page. You can't compare A & B, hip hop aint' about comparing artists and their discographies.
It's funky enough!

lost_assassin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
ice cube is a better rapper than 2pac was period. was 2pac more gangsta than ice cube? arguably.
Cowards Only Wanna Act Hard When Its Convenient-Planet Asia(9mm)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
This thread is back?

This is not far fetched. But no one would ever be able to truely prove it. Pac fans are way too into him to admit any fault. I can honestly say that Pac didn't influence rappers like Cube did, when he was alive. Pac became much more popular once he died. Cube's influence started when Straight Outta Compton dropped. Cube influenced all of a Pac's swag. From "Hardcore" Gangsta to Socially Conscious Emcee, Cube did that.

Cube is a great writer, period. He's fell off now, but let's compare 5 years of their career.

Straight Outta Compton (88), AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted (90), Kill At Will (90), Death Certificate (91), Predator (92), Lethal Injection (93)

2Pacalypse Now (91), Strictly 4 My N.I.G.G.A.Z. (93), Thug Life (94), Me Against The World (95), All Eyez On Me (96), Makaveli (96)

No doubt in my mind Cube's records were much more solid. He has some duds in his catalog now (Terrorist Threats, War & Peace), but that's inevitable after 20 years in the game. Throw in Bow Down and Bootlegs and B-Sides just as icing on the cake. If Cube would've died after Bow Down he would've been looked at just like Pac, I honestly believe that. Since Pac died, it's cool to be a Pac fan. It's cool to be influenced by Pac. It's never been cool to be influenced by Cube, but guess what? Everyone from Pac to Bishop Lamont were influenced by Cube.

Cube >>>>>> Pac

In what you are saying you are putting influence, the trouble with that argument is that yes, 'Pac did die, and that we will never know if that was the driving force behind his influence or not. Reality is that 'Pac is a larger influence on music than Cube is today. Gangsta Rap is dead, and right now a lot of dudes copy 'Pac still. Now his influence is fading, but the impact of both are there in rap music today.

'Pac had a huge impact in terms of social content in both positive and negative. Cube was very hard, very straight forward, were as 'Pac was more soft, and at the same time he could come hard. Comparing the two is like comparing Lebron and Kobe today in basketball. Cube is like Lebron, stronger, less versital but at the same time just so damn good. 'Pac is like Kobe, WAY more diverse in his style and can make a hit in different ways. Cube comes gangsta, hard, rough, 'Pac can go gangsta but then switch to soft with Dear Mama or do a party song like California Love or Tempations. To compare is more on what you like, if you like to just bang music, then you go with Cube, if you like to reflect, then you go 'Pac. I think lyrically, 'Pac is better, so that's were I'd put the tie breaker, but it's all preference.

Birdie

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
All of those are arguably. Why you compare artists like when you're 10? This is straight bullshit. You can't compare these artists. Both are different, one of them died when he was 25. 2Pac was a real poet and revolutionary person, did a lot of things for hood and people. He was a genius plus he killed every verse anytime.

Cube is a pioneer as well, with N.W.A. plus his successful albums. But, I like 'Pac's lyrics most.

And If you can compare, then I don't give a fuck. Because nobody can say: ''he's better than him'' officially. It's only your opinion and I don't really give an attention. Stop comparing.

Quote from: RA The Rugged Man
I'm all good, I'm hood
I'm Ice Cube before he turned soft and went Hollywood

+ Cube started with N.W.A. 'Pac started with Digital Underground, but he wasn't an official member. Please don't think that I'm Cube's hater, I'm a big fan. But I don't like comparing.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 01:13:58 PM by Birdie »
It's funky enough!

Don Seer

This is not far fetched. But no one would ever be able to truely prove it. Pac fans are way too into him to admit any fault. I can honestly say that Pac didn't influence rappers like Cube did, when he was alive. Pac became much more popular once he died. Cube's influence started when Straight Outta Compton dropped. Cube influenced all of a Pac's swag. From "Hardcore" Gangsta to Socially Conscious Emcee, Cube did that.

Cube is a great writer, period. He's fell off now, but let's compare 5 years of their career.

Straight Outta Compton (88), AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted (90), Kill At Will (90), Death Certificate (91), Predator (92), Lethal Injection (93)

2Pacalypse Now (91), Strictly 4 My N.I.G.G.A.Z. (93), Thug Life (94), Me Against The World (95), All Eyez On Me (96), Makaveli (96)

No doubt in my mind Cube's records were much more solid. He has some duds in his catalog now (Terrorist Threats, War & Peace), but that's inevitable after 20 years in the game. Throw in Bow Down and Bootlegs and B-Sides just as icing on the cake. If Cube would've died after Bow Down he would've been looked at just like Pac, I honestly believe that. Since Pac died, it's cool to be a Pac fan. It's cool to be influenced by Pac. It's never been cool to be influenced by Cube, but guess what? Everyone from Pac to Bishop Lamont were influenced by Cube.

Cube >>>>>> Pac

sgv throws the knockout punch...

i agree 100%...

it cracks me up that a lot of these hardcore pac fans were in diapers when he died yet claim he was the greatest back then when simply he wasnt