Author Topic: You know how you know music sucks now?  (Read 410 times)

GangstaBoogy

You know how you know music sucks now?
« on: March 05, 2008, 03:30:26 PM »
Remember a few years ago we though guys like J-Kwon and Chingy were the absolute worst? Tell me J-Kwon doesn't look like Rakim compared to some of these new cats (Soulja Boy)!
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

WestCoasta

Re: You know how you know music sucks now?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 03:32:09 PM »
I agree with you, it's gone to rock bottom, nobody listens to new shit other than the legends still releasing material

new acts are pathetic

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 04:12:18 PM »
I think niggas is just losing fans. Everybody is tryin' to be a rapper these days. And it's all about competition. How you gon' be a fan of your opponent like that? Esp. when your shit sells over beef. Ya feel what I'm sayin'?

:-\

Joe Bonanno

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 04:13:00 PM »
Remember a few years ago we though guys like J-Kwon and Chingy were the absolute worst? Tell me J-Kwon doesn't look like Rakim compared to some of these new cats (Soulja Boy)!

ive heard your opinions on music and i think so called music fans like you are a major contributor to its demise

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2008, 05:59:25 PM »
I know its fucking terrible right now and i really think it isnt going to change at all in the near future.Thanks god for spanish music and rock.

--Vance--

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You can't spell Dilate without L.A.
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2008, 06:13:16 PM »
lol, I remember that "Tipsy" and "Laffy Taffy" shit. Nowadays it's really getting even worse.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2008, 09:48:40 PM »

ive heard your opinions on music and i think so called music fans like you are a major contributor to its demise

Explain...
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2008, 09:52:25 PM »

Explain...

Yes, explain. We are not the ones making horrible music. We are the ones who refuse to buy terrible music. I don't see how that contributes to the "demise."

Sikotic™

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2008, 09:54:59 PM »
Sadly, Soulja Boy and Yung Joc are gonna sound like lyrical geniuses in 3 years.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Joe Bonanno

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2008, 10:10:35 PM »

Explain...

basically, from what ive gathered, your pretty much into gangsta rap and a little mainstream rock, correct me if im wrong. the fact is, the more people buy into this music that has been streamlined and filtered over the years from fewer and fewer influences, the more redundant and stale it gets. what needs to happen is for the general listening audience to branch out and start listening to A LOT more music from all eras, that way the demand is for something of higher quality. Its like buying weed, say you from julio for ten years, and after a while he finds a way to short you and you still pay the same until one day you're like, wait a minute, i dont want this crap anymore, why is it like this. when there were always a bunch of other re ups you could take advantage all over the place. its like rap. ghetto niggas for the most part are uneducated and unoriginal and will copy the next man if it means having some money in their pocket and a "beat that knocks" , its ALL OF OUR responsibilities to demand a higher quality product and not be like, "oh yeah that j kwon shit was rakim compared to now", no we actually gotta go out and buy paid in full and ask for that shit on the radio and ask djs to play it until the standard excuse "thats not what girls dance to" is irrelevant. bitches will dance to anything you mold their soft little minds into liking, take the 80's or nineties for example when epmd or dr dre were the club bangers, that shit can happen again everyone needs to just stop settling for something less. yadig?

Euro-Trash

• 'G'
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2008, 10:16:40 PM »
What blows my mind is lil waynes popularity
[

Trauma-san

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2008, 05:20:36 AM »

Yeah, it's really, really gettin bad. One of the hot songs actually has some dumb fucker going "WE IN THE BED LIKE, OH... OH... OH... OH...... OH... Oh.... OH"

And people are buying that shit.  If a guy buys that CD, he's a fucking faggot. 

AZ§o§a

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2008, 07:10:58 AM »
agreed

late night

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2008, 07:44:34 AM »
the reason is because the fans have unrealistic expectations of artists. imagine a million people expected you to make a classic record every time your in the studio.

and if it doesn't sound new then the artist is accused of doing the same old shit.... and if it sounds too new/different everyone says "he should go back to his old style"

you know how confusing that shit is for an artist.

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2008, 12:21:09 PM »

Yeah, it's really, really gettin bad. One of the hot songs actually has some dumb fucker going "WE IN THE BED LIKE, OH... OH... OH... OH...... OH... Oh.... OH"

And people are buying that shit.  If a guy buys that CD, he's a fucking faggot. 

word