Author Topic: You know how you know music sucks now?  (Read 407 times)

GangstaBoogy

Re: You know how you know music sucks now?
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2008, 12:37:29 PM »
Remember a few years ago we though guys like J-Kwon and Chingy were the absolute worst? Tell me J-Kwon doesn't look like Rakim compared to some of these new cats (Soulja Boy)!

ive heard your opinions on music and i think so called music fans like you are a major contributor to its demise

Explain...

basically, from what ive gathered, your pretty much into gangsta rap and a little mainstream rock, correct me if im wrong. the fact is, the more people buy into this music that has been streamlined and filtered over the years from fewer and fewer influences, the more redundant and stale it gets. what needs to happen is for the general listening audience to branch out and start listening to A LOT more music from all eras, that way the demand is for something of higher quality. Its like buying weed, say you from julio for ten years, and after a while he finds a way to short you and you still pay the same until one day you're like, wait a minute, i dont want this crap anymore, why is it like this. when there were always a bunch of other re ups you could take advantage all over the place. its like rap. ghetto niggas for the most part are uneducated and unoriginal and will copy the next man if it means having some money in their pocket and a "beat that knocks" , its ALL OF OUR responsibilities to demand a higher quality product and not be like, "oh yeah that j kwon shit was rakim compared to now", no we actually gotta go out and buy paid in full and ask for that shit on the radio and ask djs to play it until the standard excuse "thats not what girls dance to" is irrelevant. bitches will dance to anything you mold their soft little minds into liking, take the 80's or nineties for example when epmd or dr dre were the club bangers, that shit can happen again everyone needs to just stop settling for something less. yadig?

Okay I see what you're saying but I don't see how thats aimed at me. I've never been a, what I would call a "of the moment" fan. I don't turn on the radio and say 'well they're playing it and everyone else likes it so I'll support it'. I'm just calling it how I see it. By no means am I calling J-Kwon Rakim, he was somewhat entertaining but not talented. I'm just saying, a few years ago we thought "Tipsy" was Hip-Hops low point. But now we turn on the radio and hear "superman that hoe" and it damn near makes you want to call the radio station and request a Chingy song. But I'm not settling for anything. I haven't listened to the radio in years. The radio is only catering to 15 year old girls; I'm a 20 year old man in the digital era. They can't force me to listen to that bullshiet cuz I'll just download what I like (the gangsta rap and mainstream rock as you pointed out).
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2008, 01:09:48 PM »
the reason is because the fans have unrealistic expectations of artists. imagine a million people expected you to make a classic record every time your in the studio.

and if it doesn't sound new then the artist is accused of doing the same old shit.... and if it sounds too new/different everyone says "he should go back to his old style"

you know how confusing that shit is for an artist.

The problem is there hasn't been a classic in nearly 10 years now.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2008, 01:38:44 PM »
the reason is because the fans have unrealistic expectations of artists. imagine a million people expected you to make a classic record every time your in the studio.

and if it doesn't sound new then the artist is accused of doing the same old shit.... and if it sounds too new/different everyone says "he should go back to his old style"

Wait! So you're telling me you don't consider "Thoughts of a Predicate Felon" to be a timeless classic?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2008, 01:42:22 PM »
Not everything has to be a classic, it just has to be hot.

The weird thing is, nowadays the good artists are picking bad beats, and the ones who pick good beats suck.

late night

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2008, 02:20:18 PM »

Wait! So you're telling me you don't consider "Thoughts of a Predicate Felon" to be a timeless classic?

haha

turf what would you consider classic? is it when a song is so dope it moves you to tears or some shit like that? i mean if you like say public enemy and say ok the tracks that public enemy used to put out are classic, then id tell you yeah but that shit is old.

i mean there is classic shit being put out you just aint hearing it cause you want some old styles to come back, the problem with old styles is that theyre old.

Okka

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2008, 02:22:13 PM »
it's gone to rock bottom

Allmost every new rap song sounds like the last one. Stupid fuckin dances and wack lyrics.

Money

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2008, 04:48:46 PM »
Remember a few years ago we though guys like J-Kwon and Chingy were the absolute worst? Tell me J-Kwon doesn't look like Rakim compared to some of these new cats (Soulja Boy)!

Yeah, it's really, really gettin bad. One of the hot songs actually has some dumb fucker going "WE IN THE BED LIKE, OH... OH... OH... OH...... OH... Oh.... OH"

And people are buying that shit.  If a guy buys that CD, he's a fucking faggot. 

fag drag

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/mtDvK6-y5oI&amp;autoplay=0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/mtDvK6-y5oI&amp;autoplay=0</a>

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2008, 04:50:24 PM »
^ What a hypocrite. :laugh:

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2008, 05:44:12 PM »
Sadly, Soulja Boy and Yung Joc are gonna sound like lyrical geniuses in 3 years.

In 3 years? I take it you haven't heard that new Batman song. I don't know the little shits that rap  on it but I saw it last week on 106 & Park while home sick... I prayed that my flu would kill me.
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

Lunatic

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2008, 05:46:15 PM »
Sadly, Soulja Boy and Yung Joc are gonna sound like lyrical geniuses in 3 years.

In 3 years? I take it you haven't heard that new Batman song. I don't know the little shits that rap  on it but I saw it last week on 106 & Park while home sick... I prayed that my flu would kill me.
LMFAO
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2008, 05:53:29 PM »
lmao props on this thread, but u know...i gotta be real, even though i'll never buy or listen to anything souljah boy myself, when you constantly hear that shit being played wherever you at, the shit becomes kinda catchy, the beat especially....and no i don't know the words or anything and imma hiphop head and i aint tryna loose my credibility on purpose but for real, when everyone be playing that shit on it just sounds aight...but i guess thats the same with any jam when u rolling by!

but yes alot of standards have dropped