Author Topic: Sparkle VS R kelly.....  (Read 129 times)

Alwaysontime

Sparkle VS R kelly.....
« on: April 07, 2002, 01:28:59 AM »
"Former R. Kelly protege Sparkle maintains that her niece is the young girl exploited in the alleged R. Kelly sex tape.

The popular singer, who released the Number One R. Kelly-produced song "Be Careful" in 1998, discussed the ordeal Wednesday (April 3) on KKBT (The Beat) Los Angeles.

Sparkle, who is the aunt who turned over the sex tapes to authorities in Chicago, said that the public has placed more attention on the multiplatinum, Grammy Award-winning singer than on her niece, who was 14 years old at the time.

"People want to say, 'That's not R. Kelly,' but what about my niece?" Sparkle told Adimu, the radio station's afternoon on-air personality.

When Adimu asked Sparkle how her niece was doing, she paused for a long moment before answering. "To me, that's the important thing," Sparkle said. "My niece, she's exposed. It's like, Robert is going to be OK. He's got the money, the fame--you know, everybody don't want to see a black man being brought down. But what about the children? What about our kids?"

The traumatic experience has caused a division in Sparkle's family, since some relatives did not want the case to go public. Sparkle believes some cases may be settled out of court. "There has been a couple [cases] that have come to light so that they would not go to criminal court," she said. "But there are others that haven't been spoken of that have possibly been paid off."

Still, she feels that the authorities have substantial evidence against R. Kelly. "I believe that they have a lot that they are actually going to bring to light," she said. "But as of right now, it's still being investigated, and until the powers that be come say, 'Yo, indict him for whatever whatever,' it's still just an investigation."

Sparkle discredits Kelly's legal counsel as without compassion for young African-American children. "I don't believe that they give even two hoots about our black children," she said.

But Sparkle said she won't allow Kelly's defense stop her from speaking out, even though her reputation is on the line. "Reputation is just what people think of you," she said. "But my character, at the end of the day, is what I do. And at the end of the day, I've done right by going in and saying, 'Yeah, that is her, and why is this happening.'"

Sparkle introduced her niece to Kelly, in hopes of helping the then 12-year-old female rapper land a break in the music business. The child's father, Sparkle's brother-in-law, eventually played guitar for Kelly, Sparkle said.

The relationship between her niece and Kelly turned into molestation after Sparkle and Kelly severed their ties, added Sparkle. Her 1998 debut was released on R. Kelly's Interscope imprint, though her 2000 follow-up was released on Motown.

Sparkle feels remorse for introducing Kelly to her niece. "Although I'm not responsible for his act, I feel responsible for even taking her there," she said.

When asked for her reaction to the alleged R. Kelly sex tape, which is being played on the Internet and sold on street corners, Sparkle said that it was not appropriate to say on air the words she really wanted to express. "It's messed up," she said. "I mean, she's just being exposed to the world. It's sickening. And definitely hurtful for kids period, around this country. I mean, we are adults, and we're supposed to look out for our children. I can't even express it, dude. I swear to God. It's just massive."

(launch.com)

What's your thoughts about this situation??

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Half Dogg,Half Monkey..Bitch! Donkey Kong
Re: Sparkle VS R kelly.....
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2002, 11:41:52 AM »
just another fat ass bitch tryin to get some popularity and money over this case, fuck her...

supp with people nowadays  ::)
snoop dogg - "i don't fuck with the pocus everybody
knows this , i fuck with the chronic cause the chronic
gives me dopeness"                                   

- Look here bitch you're fine and i dig your style...-

P Nelson

• 40 illa
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Sparkle VS R kelly.....
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2002, 05:21:26 PM »
just another fat ass bitch tryin to get some popularity and money over this case, fuck her...

supp with people nowadays  ::)