Author Topic: Snoop Would be Crazy NOT to Service Country Stations With My Medicine  (Read 434 times)

HEC

Re: Snoop Would be Crazy NOT to Service Country Stations With My Medicine
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2008, 06:10:14 AM »
I gave it a few chances but this song has not grown on me at all, I think this and a couple of others should have been left off

Sosna

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2008, 07:12:46 AM »
Crazy ass shit, but I like it!! 8)

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2008, 09:00:56 AM »
Sorry for YAETT but I was listening to the CD this morning and thought about this.

So I’ve come to the conclusion that Larry King has tremendous pull with the non-rap listening audience. Forget the reality show, Snoop being on Larry King opened some brand new doors for him. People who wrote him off years ago as “just another gangsta rapper” caught him on Larry King and he obviously changed their minds.

I work with a lot of country music fans. These are NOT the type of people you’d expect to ask about Snoop Dogg. After the Larry King interview, I can’t tell you how many times they asked me if I had heard “that Medicine song” Snoop talked about. The last urban music these people have listened to was Yeah by Lil John and Usher: and they didn’t like it. I’d say a good 98% of them prefer country and rock. These are middle aged white people.

It would be CRAZY for Snoop not to send out My Medicine to country radio stations. There are six country stations up here to our one urban station. I listen to these country stations every once in a while and I can tell you that My Medicine would fit perfectly into their format. At 2:40, it’s long enough not to be a joke, but Snoop doesn’t overdo it either. Like Sexual Sensual Seduction, this song has the potential to introduce Snoop Dogg to a new group of people. These people haven’t heard of iTunes and still buy “LP’s” on a regular basis.

Unlike that abortion of a song Nelly did with Tim McGraw, Snoop’s My Medicine is the real deal. Instead of relying on the star power of an established country artist like Nelly did, Snoop crafted his own song in the country/rock style. It’s so outside the box that it works and I’ve got a feeling that it could open up new doors for Snoop.

http://lyay.net/snoop-would-be-crazy-not-to-service-country-stations-with-my-medicine

my pasty friend, you may be on to something

DUBCC Overlords, get in touch wit Snoops Men, and bring this idea to him
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Sosna

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2008, 09:05:46 AM »
no offense dude, but country stations would NOT play this song. EVER. country is about losing women, drinking by the waterwell and looking at the stars under the moonlight with the girl of your dreams etc, etc.... not about going and getting your "medicine" aka pot. not to mention that everlast is NOT country. in addition, it's way too short to be a single. snoop would be stupid to send this for country radio play. you have to look at the demographic that listens to country. they would totally despise this shit, and think of it as an insult rather than innovating. trust me, i'm not a country fan, but i live in alaska which is like texas' cousin, so i have a lot of friends that listen to country and i know that they would feel the same way. i respect your post, but it's not happening just cause he made a reference to johnny cash (RIP) in his song  ;D

Prizzops 4 true wordz...

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2008, 10:26:12 AM »
this song is worse than real country

wcsoldier

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2008, 10:30:51 AM »
The last urban music these people have listened to was Yeah by Lil John and Usher: and they didn’t like it.
That was the funniest thing I've heard/read all day! LOL!  Props Woodrow.
I still think Yeah was horrible song .. Usher vocals and the beat get on my nerves plain and simple .. My Medicine is crazy though , glad to read some open minded fans like it ..

The Predator

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2008, 11:01:43 AM »
Cool of snoop doing a tribute for real American gangster Johnny Cash even got Everlast on the guitar.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 11:04:49 AM by The Predator »

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2008, 11:06:28 AM »
The last urban music these people have listened to was Yeah by Lil John and Usher: and they didn’t like it.
That was the funniest thing I've heard/read all day! LOL!  Props Woodrow.
LMFAO  ;D
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>