Author Topic: Why West Coast Fans Do Not Allow Musical Growth In Their Artists?  (Read 1666 times)

NEW WEST 2012

• 'G'
  • Offline Offline
Re: Why West Coast Fans Do Not Allow Musical Growth In Their Artists?
« Reply #100 on: December 26, 2009, 12:03:49 AM »
WELL FANS FOLLOW SUCCESS IN THE END, SO WHATEVER YOU DO TO MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE ARE GONNA HATE!!! THATS JUST THE WAY IT IS

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #101 on: December 26, 2009, 10:41:59 AM »
speaking for myself i don't mind growth from west coast music as long as is dope and it isn't compromising an artists vision. me being a die hard west coast fan, i love what was done in the 90's from the west coast but todays a new day i feel especially the production level of the west coast needs to step back up and evolve from what the 90's was. that being said daz needs to really step it back up. he was once one of the greats now snoop doesn't even use his beats no more. oh and a friend of mine told me snoop said somethin like niggas like biggie and t.i. and everybody took the west coast style. well snoop if u feel niggas  took they style from the west use that style and stop bitchin' nothin' is gangsta but 3 songs on malice n.... and someone took the west coast  style. his new album sounds like a reflection of the trash that's out.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Do Dirty

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #102 on: December 27, 2009, 01:14:22 AM »
Chad's review of Ego Trippin has got alot of people talking so I decided to make this thread. And it is by no means a diss to anyone. I notice with west coast artists in particular, fans are most critical of when they try something new or go a new direction in their music they almost write them off. Snoop is a example. Snoop is at a catch 22 with most. When he does gangsta shit, it pleases some but others are like he is living in the past. When he does shit with Pharrell (and he does have some dope songs with him) people automatically write it off as pop shit. If it's with Dre it's not as good as the Chronic stuff they did.

So I guess my question is why can't people allow musical growth in wc artists? I know alot of the music in the 90's was incredible material but it ain't the 90's anymore. Why not have a open ear to what rappers are trying to do. Now by all means there is alot of wack shit out there and I am not talking about the weaker material. Drop ya 2 cents.

My man, that's jusy hip-hop fans in general. They say the same thing about Jay, Nas, Kanye and pretty much every other rapper out there
"You got problems with the punk police, don't run from the chumps get the pump from me"