Author Topic: Why West Coast Fans Do Not Allow Musical Growth In Their Artists?  (Read 2959 times)

arthurnelson88

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • RIP Buster
Re: Why West Coast Fans Do Not Allow Musical Growth In Their Artists?
« Reply #75 on: March 12, 2008, 04:28:34 PM »
to some this thread up people just need 2 move on, even Parliment stopped makin' records and while we're at it, even James Brown did (RIP).  if i could put all tha complaints in 1 topic, dubcc could clear out alot of space 4 NEWER artist 2 get they shine on and expand 2 somethin else... new artist new plateu (here)
I only fuck with 10's

D~Nice

« Reply #76 on: March 12, 2008, 06:08:51 PM »
to some this thread up people just need 2 move on, even Parliment stopped makin' records and while we're at it, even James Brown did (RIP).  if i could put all tha complaints in 1 topic, dubcc could clear out alot of space 4 NEWER artist 2 get they shine on and expand 2 somethin else... new artist new plateu (here)

Appreciate the post. But this can be directed to new artists as well. You don't think people give the "New West" a hard time too? It's a catch 22 for them too. If they music is too innovative and new, people will write it off. If they keep it hood they are living in the past with the OGs. Shit ain't fair, but I have not seen anything different to change my viewpoint. Dubcnn is one of the only wc and hip hop outlets that showcases ALL types of music from the west and I salute them for that.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 06:12:24 PM by D~Nice »

arthurnelson88

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • RIP Buster
« Reply #77 on: March 12, 2008, 06:18:41 PM »

Appreciate the post. But this can be directed to new artists as well. You don't think people give the "New West" a hard time too? It's a catch 22 for them too. If they music is too innovative and new, people will write it off. If they keep it hood they are living in the past with the OGs. Shit ain't fair, but I have not seen anything different to change my viewpoint. Dubcnn is one of the only wc and hip hop outlets that showcases ALL types of music from the west and I salute them for that.

no i jus think ppl need 2 get up off they ass and live a lil' (whether they have friends or girlfriends or not).  its only a handful of ppl on here that think that way, u cant generalize it 4 everybody.  the "NEW" west is filled wit a buncha corny ass niggaz, even Bishop Lamont said dat shit, them niggaz is wack- weather they conchis or gangsta or w/e, them niggaz is wack.  u cant blame tha MASS MAJORITY of ppl EVERYWHERE 4 not likin' bullshit (theres nothing "innovative" about garbage bag muzik).  u cant go by sales anymore, i dont even kno why ppl still complain, its all about who got skiils, whether ppl realize that shit or not.  i mean c'mon do yall actually think Detox is gonna go platinum (Gold... MAYBE)?? Dr. Dre is gona have tha most downloaded album in history, i betcha life on that.  its tha same ol talk, tha same ol raps on these forums and in pop culture in general, i just havent realized why ppl havent moved on?
I only fuck with 10's

Lunatic

« Reply #78 on: March 12, 2008, 06:23:50 PM »
^u really don't think detox will go platinum?
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

D~Nice

« Reply #79 on: March 12, 2008, 06:26:04 PM »

no i jus think ppl need 2 get up off they ass and live a lil' (whether they have friends or girlfriends or not).  its only a handful of ppl on here that think that way, u cant generalize it 4 everybody.  the "NEW" west is filled wit a buncha corny ass niggaz, even Bishop Lamont said dat shit, them niggaz is wack- weather they conchis or gangsta or w/e, them niggaz is wack.  u cant blame tha MASS MAJORITY of ppl EVERYWHERE 4 not likin' bullshit (theres nothing "innovative" about garbage bag muzik).  u cant go by sales anymore, i dont even kno why ppl still complain, its all about who got skiils, whether ppl realize that shit or not.  i mean c'mon do yall actually think Detox is gonna go platinum (Gold... MAYBE)?? Dr. Dre is gona have tha most downloaded album in history, i betcha life on that.  its tha same ol talk, tha same ol raps on these forums and in pop culture in general, i just havent realized why ppl havent moved on?

I don't know if you are directing the members need to move on quote towards me or not. I did state earlier in the post that there is alot of wack shit out there. I and others are talking about the dope artists that don't get recognized for dropping not the same ol run of the mill gangsta shit out here. I am not blaming the mass majority but as someone from the west I am simply trying to get some dialogue going about our artists out here. If people don't want to respond to it, there is a billion other threads they can go into.

D~Nice

« Reply #80 on: March 12, 2008, 06:27:06 PM »
And Detox would DEFINITELY go plat. Actually if it went just plat it would still be considered a flop.

arthurnelson88

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • RIP Buster
« Reply #81 on: March 12, 2008, 07:33:31 PM »
im not pointin no fingers im just speakin my mind, i didnt even read most of tha shit past page 2.  Detox cant go platinum and platinum nowadays isnt considered a flop, u can compare it 2 tha economy's inflation (back then prices and pay wages 2 now).  there has been musical growth out da ass.  if Snoop woulda dropped Sexual Seduction in 95' then he wouldnt even b here (unless it was on some gangsta shit).  same wit' MOST if not all artist. 
I only fuck with 10's

D~Nice

« Reply #82 on: March 12, 2008, 07:38:16 PM »
im not pointin no fingers im just speakin my mind, i didnt even read most of tha shit past page 2.  Detox cant go platinum and platinum nowadays isnt considered a flop, u can compare it 2 tha economy's inflation (back then prices and pay wages 2 now).  there has been musical growth out da ass.  if Snoop woulda dropped Sexual Seduction in 95' then he wouldnt even b here (unless it was on some gangsta shit).  same wit' MOST if not all artist. 

If you go from selling 5-6 million records to 1 million, unfortunately it is considered a flop. Ask 50 if he thought Curtis was going to barely go platinum. For all that shit talking he was doing, a mil is a flop. Now for maybe a Snoop a mil is more the standard. If Dre dropped a album next month, as long as it was advertised and he had a release date he would stick by, that shit would sell at least 300-500k first week. Hell Kanye sold over 900k first week.

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #83 on: March 13, 2008, 01:35:29 AM »

If you go from selling 5-6 million records to 1 million, unfortunately it is considered a flop. Ask 50 if he thought Curtis was going to barely go platinum. For all that shit talking he was doing, a mil is a flop. Now for maybe a Snoop a mil is more the standard. If Dre dropped a album next month, as long as it was advertised and he had a release date he would stick by, that shit would sell at least 300-500k first week. Hell Kanye sold over 900k first week.
yeah but kayne is top'n out at 2mill,think about that was the biggest hip hop album in awhile and it had world wide appeal and it top'd out already???, a flop is when you don't make money bacc for your project and you stay in the red,if 50 sold 3 mill stupid fans would say it's a flop,but again let one of there favorites not do good sales and they are gonna make every excuse possible to say it's not a flop, lames, buy music you enjoy,and cats need to realize once again the west is more then just gangsta shit,i like what snoop did,cause he said fucc it,i'm gonna do some shit on this album that i want to try, and even tho some songs is out there and not typical hip hop,his mindstate and how he did it is pure hip hop, with that i don't give a fucc what they think attitude,may not love it,but got to respect it yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

SGV

« Reply #84 on: March 13, 2008, 06:44:39 AM »
Why judge people for their musical preference?
So I will pass this as people in general,right?

How many Backpackers have you met?
You must have not met many if any at all to not understand how Underground heads think.
I'm not judging on preference, I'm "judging" on lack of openess.

Let me change the words around a little bit for you;
"All Arabic people hate Americans and wants to kill them"  :-X
Why judge people for; where they´re from,color,religion and sexual preferences?

How many Arabic people have you met?
You must have not met many if any at all to not understand how Arabic people think.

:-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X
...Warning;
No netbanging,name calling allowed in here,this is a serious thread.

I´ll just leave this thread with these words;
I´m tired of this bickering between the alternative scene and the gangster scene.
Who´s most real,underground and hardcore... etc.  :P
It´s even more pathetic when the fans innvolve themself.  :P :-X :-\

LMAO @ Comparing Arabics to Backpackers. That's absurd. Again, I ask, how many Backpackers have you met? Please don't run around the question this time.

D~Nice

« Reply #85 on: March 13, 2008, 12:36:00 PM »

yeah but kayne is top'n out at 2mill,think about that was the biggest hip hop album in awhile and it had world wide appeal and it top'd out already???, a flop is when you don't make money bacc for your project and you stay in the red,if 50 sold 3 mill stupid fans would say it's a flop,but again let one of there favorites not do good sales and they are gonna make every excuse possible to say it's not a flop, lames, buy music you enjoy,and cats need to realize once again the west is more then just gangsta shit,i like what snoop did,cause he said fucc it,i'm gonna do some shit on this album that i want to try, and even tho some songs is out there and not typical hip hop,his mindstate and how he did it is pure hip hop, with that i don't give a fucc what they think attitude,may not love it,but got to respect it yell

Agreed. To most people it looks like a flop but as long as you ain't owning.

John Doe

• Lil Geezy
  • Twitter.com/JohnDOEside
« Reply #86 on: March 13, 2008, 02:20:59 PM »
people hear westcoast and it's automatically - "my lowrida, bloods, crips, bitchs, chronic, khakis" type shit.... not hatin' i love west coast music, and there ain't nuthin like a classic westcoast anthem/ but people always gotta be open to new sounds and styles...

WWW.MYSPACE.COM/JOHNDOE760

arthurnelson88

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • RIP Buster
« Reply #87 on: March 13, 2008, 03:12:48 PM »

would ya'll PLEASE STOP going by sales, sales r done, they're over with, they're tha old way of measuring an artist.  EVERYONE from Fiona Apple 2 Bathgate is going to suffer (in a sense ) from sales so u cant measure it like that anymore.  It's NOT considered a flop- ur actually doing EXTRAVAGINT if u sell a million (even if ur a brand new star or a vet), if Dr. Dre sold 10,000 albums he would STILL be Dr. Dre- it would have NOTHING 2 do wit sales.  50 knew Kanye was going 2 outsell him, u had 2 b a blind muthafucka not 2 c that, and it has NOTHING 2 do wit' popularity bcuz they're BOTH HUGE artist.  Platinum is not tha standard anymore, it never really was- except 2006/2007.  Dre probably would sell a mill now that i think about it BUT Interscope would probably buy half just so Dre could keep his name good, ur tryna argue wit' some1 who is a music condinsuer- ur gonna lose lol.  50 or Kanye wouldnt even have sold as much if it wasnt 4 tha publicity, why do u think NOONE believed it in tha 1st place- it went dead quikly.  SOULJA BOY woulda went DIAMOND off his single if it wasnt 4 leechers- remember the group "Tag Team", now white folx wasnt on hip hop like that back then like they r now, so add all tha new fans and people who love dance songs- sales woulda SKY ROCKETED.  look this topic went from growth to Snoop Dogg 2 sales, and wat they both have in common is ppl are used 2 an old way of thinkin' about shit and not opend minded enuff 2 CONSIDER something else.  u want something fresh and brand new right up off tha shelves then go 2 sckool 4 music and do it urselvs.  todays is a new game, hell its not even tha early 2000's anymore- shit is on a brand new plateu, why do u think mixtapes are so popular?  now instead of a MAINSTREAM artist droppin nothin' but "Get Low pt. 300000" and "I'm A Gangsta pt. 50000000" on their albums, they can branch out and do wat tha fuck they want on mixtapes- ya'll should peep them out b4 u write off an artist like a Plies or a Rick Ross....
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 03:21:08 PM by arthurnelson88 »
I only fuck with 10's

D~Nice

« Reply #88 on: March 13, 2008, 06:46:41 PM »

would ya'll PLEASE STOP going by sales, sales r done, they're over with, they're tha old way of measuring an artist.  EVERYONE from Fiona Apple 2 Bathgate is going to suffer (in a sense ) from sales so u cant measure it like that anymore.  It's NOT considered a flop- ur actually doing EXTRAVAGINT if u sell a million (even if ur a brand new star or a vet), if Dr. Dre sold 10,000 albums he would STILL be Dr. Dre- it would have NOTHING 2 do wit sales.  50 knew Kanye was going 2 outsell him, u had 2 b a blind muthafucka not 2 c that, and it has NOTHING 2 do wit' popularity bcuz they're BOTH HUGE artist.  Platinum is not tha standard anymore, it never really was- except 2006/2007.  Dre probably would sell a mill now that i think about it BUT Interscope would probably buy half just so Dre could keep his name good, ur tryna argue wit' some1 who is a music condinsuer- ur gonna lose lol.  50 or Kanye wouldnt even have sold as much if it wasnt 4 tha publicity, why do u think NOONE believed it in tha 1st place- it went dead quikly.  SOULJA BOY woulda went DIAMOND off his single if it wasnt 4 leechers- remember the group "Tag Team", now white folx wasnt on hip hop like that back then like they r now, so add all tha new fans and people who love dance songs- sales woulda SKY ROCKETED.  look this topic went from growth to Snoop Dogg 2 sales, and wat they both have in common is ppl are used 2 an old way of thinkin' about shit and not opend minded enuff 2 CONSIDER something else.  u want something fresh and brand new right up off tha shelves then go 2 sckool 4 music and do it urselvs.  todays is a new game, hell its not even tha early 2000's anymore- shit is on a brand new plateu, why do u think mixtapes are so popular?  now instead of a MAINSTREAM artist droppin nothin' but "Get Low pt. 300000" and "I'm A Gangsta pt. 50000000" on their albums, they can branch out and do wat tha fuck they want on mixtapes- ya'll should peep them out b4 u write off an artist like a Plies or a Rick Ross....

U need to make your mind up man. U brought up sales and saying that Dre could not go plat. All I said was he can. period. Now you want people to stop talking about it.

soopadoopaflykid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Iguess