Author Topic: Story behind Snoop and Eminem relationship--  (Read 4660 times)

infinite59

Story behind Snoop and Eminem relationship--
« on: May 15, 2001, 12:13:50 PM »
This came up in another thread and I wanted to shed some light on the subject.  I remember reading at (I think MTV.com) a while back that Snoop said he was origionally supposed to be on the Wild Wild West Soundtrack with Dre.  And that Eminem was going to ghostwrite for Snoop and Dre.  Eminem hooked Snoop up with some lyrics and Snoop said he was like, "This is some bullshit," and he wasn't feeling it.  So Dre was like look, Eminem knows what he's doing and if you got a disagreement we'll do this track without you.  So Snoop said he left, or was kicked out, one of the two.  And then came back later and apologized.  Said he admitted that he was hating and he just wasn't used to anyone else writing for him and Dre but himself.  

Judging from that story I think Snoop has a little bit of jealousy towards Eminem and Dre's relationship, but that he understands that Eminem is talented and tries to keep a good business relationship.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
Re: Story behind Snoop and Eminem relationship--
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2001, 12:22:15 PM »
When it's all said and done in 10 - 15 years time when the smokes cleared
Two figures will be standing there
Snoop Doggy Dogg and Dr Dre

infinite59

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2001, 12:24:42 PM »
Eminem is on the same level as 2pac, Snoop, and Dre.  He'll still be standing.  He has too large of a fan base and is far too talented to fall off.  And he's got the connection with Dre.  Snoop was slowly falling off until Dre came through and saved his carrear with "Just Dippin", "Bitch Please" and "Buck Em."

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2001, 12:27:30 PM »
What was Eminem doing without Dre?

I'm not hating I just see Eminem as a phase
His next solo album will be VERY important to his career in the long term

Mr_Loc

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2001, 12:48:29 PM »
i agree, and it doesnt matter how many fans he got now, look at vanilla ice and hammer. Those teeny boppers grow up eventually.

thats what over-exposure does to you, and eminem is the most over-exposed musician since michael jackson.

he needs to get the real hip hop fans back with his next album, cuz i know a lot of them (including myself) dont think that mtv shit is too sweet.

cremedelaclem

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Mike T.V..... aka OsKa sWiNdLa      .............. .."Lifes a bitch and then you die"...
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2001, 12:54:32 PM »
dead on point Mr.Loc

he needs to take us back to that funky white boy 'Anyman' flow and the beats need to be HIP HOP.....i wasnt impressed at all by 'Purple Pills' , american Psycho was aiight but em's metaphors are all off and that was his major perk when he first came out....

"i strike a still pose and psyche you with some ill flows that dont even make sense like dykes usin dildos"

i aint heard eminem come with nothin like that for a while yo....and thats what i need to find my faith in him again....
"and even after all my logic and my theory.............ill add a motherfucker so you ignorant niggas hear me"

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2001, 12:55:41 PM »
Very true
He has been taken over by MTV
People like Dre and Snoop drop a blatant commercial track to keep it poppin- Like Snoop Dogg and Forgot about Dre
Eminem makes tons
Check the difference from SSLP to MMLP
My Name is is the only really blatant commercial song
MMLP has Real Slim Shady - I'm Back - Marshall Mathers and more
Snoop realized he was in danger of pop swallow up after Doggystyle and then hit a different less mainstream flow
Smart

Trauma-san

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2001, 01:17:38 PM »
I Totally Agree... Dre And Snoop Keep It Gangsta On At Least Most Of The Tracks, With A Few For The Radio.... But They'll Tell You In A Second They'd Rather Cater To The Hardcore Fans.

Eminem I Don't Know About... I Think He's Misplacing His Talent... Maybe I'd Do The Same If I Was In His Position, But He's So Commercial Now I Don't Even Like To Talk About Him.  

Say What You Want, But Music For Us Youngstaz Is All About Rebellion... It ALWAYS Has Been, All The Way Back To The Beatles... We're Naturally Psychologically Gonna Like The Music That Our Parents Don't, Because It Makes Us Feel Like We're Different, And We've Got Our Own Thing Going.  

I Hear Old People At Work Talking About Eminem, And Singing His Songs, Etc.  That Shit Drives Me CRAZY, And I'm Naturally Gonna Not Like Eminem That Much Because Of That Fact...

You're DEAD Right About Snoop Too, It Was GettingThe Same Way, Back In The Day Old People Were Singing What's My Name? And That Was Starting To Get To Me.  Then On His Other Albums, He Dropped Hardcore Stuff That Couldn't Be Played On The Radio, So To Us He Feels Like Family Again.

Eminem BETTER Not Try Shock Value On This Next CD.  If He Tries To Outdo His Last 2 Albums, He'll Fail Miserably... What He Oughta Go For Is Humour, Like You Said In That Quote... Like On That Unreleased Kid Rock Song "Fuck Off"... It's All Heavy, Eminem Starts His Verse, And Ends It

"So when you see me on your block you better lock your cars
'Cause you know I'm losin' it when I'm rappin' to rock guitars"

That's Some Funny Shit.  Or

"There's three things I hate: girls, women and bitches
I'm that vicious to walk up, and drop-kick midgets
They call me Boogie Night, the stalker that walks awkward
Stick figure, with a dick bigger than Mark Wahlberg"

"Who's arm is this?
I must have cut it off of the pharmacist
Who refused to renew my seventh presciption of darvecet
I'm the old man who lives upstairs and starves his pets
and never leaves his house 'cause he thinks his car's possessed"

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2001, 01:23:08 PM »
No doubting his amazing talent
But he needs to direct it better or it will be too late
He won't go down in history as one of the best ever, but a sideshow pop commodity
If he goes for shock value, to shock he'll have to start praying and quote the bible!
LOL

lee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2001, 01:23:12 PM »
Yeah i was thinking "How come they don't work together more?" i know they have different styles and everything but alotta rappers with different styles have worked 2gether .. like pac and snoop etc .. and since they are in the same camp, went on tour together etc ... it seems an obvious combo ...
Then i seen a clip of "backstage at up in smoke" or somthing like that on MTV, Snoop Dre , Ice Cube and Eminem were getting a pic took together, u know the one i 'm talking bout right?
Anyway apart from Cube who was smiling and stuff , all the others looked realy uncomfortable, Dre was kinda glances at snoop and smileing then glaceing at em and smileing as if nearly saying "come on for the pic " or something like that... then in dawned on me Eminem and Snoop don't like each other and the most likely reason for this is Snoop jealously of em, if u think about it its always been Snoop and Dre, but alotta younger people will now think of Eminem and Dre and Snoops knows this ... Already MTV etc associate Dre with eminem and i know alot of people will say "well rappers don't really care bout MTV its too commerical" well that maybe true for some rappers , but not for Snoop , Didn't u all see the Making of lay low where he was like "its about time mtv u gave me some damn airplay" Also its clear that Snoop has a big ego, the guy on the lick chart even said that ... So all this bad record sales, critics and no airplay on radio or tv is probably hurting him .... and who gets talked about in the media more than anyone esle and also gets the critics love EMINEM!
So maybe some people disagree but i think its sooo obvoius that Snoop jealous of Em ... and it s too bad cause if u think about it proparly he hasn't anything to be jealous of hes had his time of being in the media and shit now it somebody esles turn ... Aslo its too bad that they don't work  2gether they could come up with some really tight shit..

Don Seer

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2001, 01:46:44 PM »
hmm weird.. he (snoop) gets funny over eminem writing lines for dre.. yet hittman wrote dre's lines (and maybe more) for just dippin'

Trauma-san

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2001, 01:48:19 PM »
Nah, I Think The Prob. Was Eminem Was Tryna Write Lines For Snoop...

Don Seer

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2001, 01:55:12 PM »
the DOC used to tho right?

antt213

• 'G'
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2001, 01:55:31 PM »
I think there cool at bets spring bling em went to snoop's party it looked like they were cool not best friends but they respect each other plus snoop loves everybody
all hail the underground how that sound-xzibit

Trauma-san

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2001, 01:59:12 PM »
Yeah, I Don't Think They're A Big Problem, Just A Lil Jealousy...

Yeah, Doc And RBX Used To Write For Snoop, But I Think They Mainly Worked With Him On His Flow, And Tweaked His Lyrics... The 3 Of Them All Wrote Dre's Lyrics On The Chronic...

Maybe He Was Mad That Eminem Already Had All Their Verses Written Out? I Dunno.. Maybe He Wanted Them To Say Something Snoop Didn't Like, I Dunno... I DO KNOW That I Heard Snoop Confirm This Story.. They Asked Him ON Something About When He First Met Eminem, And He Said Something To The Effect Of "Yeah, At First I Didn't Like Him, Because I Think I'm The Best Writing For Dre, Ya Know? But Then After I Got With Him, We Worked It Out, And Now We're Cool, He's My Nephew, Pleezbalievit!" Or Somethin' Like That.  He Didn't Really Explain What Happened.