Author Topic: Story behind Snoop and Eminem relationship--  (Read 4667 times)

UDollar A.K.A Nino

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm sorry you had to see me like that...
Re: Story behind Snoop and Eminem relationship--
« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2012, 04:40:55 PM »
dead on point Mr.Loc

he needs to take us back to that funky white boy 'Anyman' flow and the beats need to be HIP HOP.....i wasnt impressed at all by 'Purple Pills' , american Psycho was aiight but em's metaphors are all off and that was his major perk when he first came out....

"i strike a still pose and psyche you with some ill flows that dont even make sense like dykes usin dildos"

i aint heard eminem come with nothin like that for a while yo....and thats what i need to find my faith in him again....

Haha, I love this thread.. Just goes to show you how people are always critical of new shit.. Now all people want is for Em to get back to the american psycho/purple pills days, back then they wanted his older stuff.. Shit just goes in circles..
I'm not saying I'm any better myself, still am a bigger fan of the old Em, but I mostly like the new stuff as well..
"I have loved you," says the LORD. "Yet you say, 'In what way have you loved us?' "Was not Esau Jacob's brother?" Says the LORD. "Yet Jacob I have loved" - Malachi 1:2

The final season of Lost - 2010

Sccit

« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2012, 04:57:38 PM »
the new shit is commercial garbo.... the old ish was commercial, but commercial on a hip-hop basis.....meaning, he wasnt making pop music and collaborating with the likes of britney spears, nsync, etc. which is equivalent to rihanna, bruno mars, etc. nowadays

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2012, 05:10:40 PM »
the new shit is commercial garbo.... the old ish was commercial, but commercial on a hip-hop basis.....meaning, he wasnt making pop music and collaborating with the likes of britney spears, nsync, etc. which is equivalent to rihanna, bruno mars, etc. nowadays

Always thought that was a moronic point. If it's some random hoe or Rihanna singing, what's the difference? Because we all know if it was Eminem featuring "random bitch" it would be raw & her voice would be "amazing". But Rihanna is just selling out. Despite making a song about domestic violence & burning people alive in houses, he's "selling out" lol.

Now that's not to be mistaken with Eminem "selling out", because he did. But just working with popular artists isn't selling out. It's all a business move.

Eminem singing hooks & simplifying his music & sounding stupid on songs is him selling out.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2012, 05:18:00 PM »

All of that is truer than a muthafucka but at least the people from today have more Soul.  I like some of Rhianna's songs, I think Bruno Mars does good imitations of Black Voice, even Justin Timberlake today has some good music here n there.  

But I always did say that 01-05 were some of the weakest years in music.  There's classics in all genres from those years I guess (I know a few) but Music as a whole was in a Recession from those years.  The good part is that it was a such a short time, the bad part was a lot of bullshit came from that Time in Music.  

Sccit

« Reply #64 on: January 20, 2012, 05:18:52 PM »

Always thought that was a moronic point. If it's some random hoe or Rihanna singing, what's the difference? Because we all know if it was Eminem featuring "random bitch" it would be raw & her voice would be "amazing". But Rihanna is just selling out. Despite making a song about domestic violence & burning people alive in houses, he's "selling out" lol.

Now that's not to be mistaken with Eminem "selling out", because he did. But just working with popular artists isn't selling out. It's all a business move.

Eminem singing hooks & simplifying his music & sounding stupid on songs is him selling out.

u dont get it...he's collaborating with the pop acts he used to make fun of. not that it's what makes his shit weak nowadays, cuz if he was still makin dope music, it'd be dope regardless. but shit's been straight pop songs. shit sounds like rihanna tracks with eminem verses on 'em, not eminem tracks with rihanna hooks.. he's catering to the masses. i know he could still come raw if he wanted to, but he aint after that no more. in his prime, he was still considered amongst the greats, regardless.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #65 on: January 20, 2012, 05:20:33 PM »
Nik, why r u so mad at People being People?

Sccit

« Reply #66 on: January 20, 2012, 05:21:49 PM »
i'm not mad....that's his hustle. just sayin, his shit aint as dope as it could be.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #67 on: January 20, 2012, 05:41:18 PM »

u dont get it...he's collaborating with the pop acts he used to make fun of. not that it's what makes his shit weak nowadays, cuz if he was still makin dope music, it'd be dope regardless. but shit's been straight pop songs. shit sounds like rihanna tracks with eminem verses on 'em, not eminem tracks with rihanna hooks.. he's catering to the masses. i know he could still come raw if he wanted to, but he aint after that no more. in his prime, he was still considered amongst the greats, regardless.

He never actually made fun of them. You yourself just made the point to say they are Nsync & shit. Rihanna has talent. The people he used to make fun of were lip-synching & straight up pop artists. Todays pop cast has some talent.

Above all, I think Em dissed them because at the time at the turn of the last decade, those acts were arguably bigger than Eminem was. So he was dissing them basically out of saying "How am I even in the same terms of popularity as these fake fucks?". Today, Eminem is the biggest name in music, so he doesn't have to diss inferior acts because Em will always be the star of the occasion.

I always thought "Love The Way You Lie" was a dope ass song. Nothing "cute" about it. It was industry supported, so the music video was super produced, had Megan Fox in it & the song was on the radio a million times, but as far as the song goes, the message was dope.

rayallen0

« Reply #68 on: January 20, 2012, 05:45:06 PM »
Rihanna sounded like she was being beat in the studio on Love the Way you lie. No clue what you guys are talking bout that was pure shit.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #69 on: January 20, 2012, 05:45:53 PM »

There's a big difference between Rihanna and a Britney Spears / NSync. Just because they're killing the charts doesn't make the music the same. Britney and NSync were pure pop, Rihanna still comes with an edge on tracks like "Go Hard". The sound of the music, and also what it is representing is completely different in my opinion. Yes Rihanna makes pop music, but a track like "Umbrella" is pop music at it's best. Just my 2 cents.

DblPen

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #70 on: January 21, 2012, 04:06:16 AM »
Love the way you lie was as soft as some of the drake music,but that doesnt make it wack. It had substance and messege. Overall it wasnt all that great, but it was ok, better than all the other shit on the radio. And rihanna appeared on another 2 huge rap singles, one with t.i. and one with jay & kanye and they were dope. Most of legendary rappers had soft songs, that doesnt make them wack or sell out

Sccit

« Reply #71 on: January 21, 2012, 11:56:59 AM »
point is, if this were 2001, em wouldn't be lookin for those sorta collaborations.... his music fell off. he went from a raw emcee to a raw shock rapper to a sappy pop rapper. he still has it in him to come dope, he just prefers to make music for the masses, as opposed to just the hip-hop crowd.

« Reply #72 on: January 21, 2012, 04:10:18 PM »
Pop artists can be ok when they are guided by someone else. Fergies straight trash but she does her thing on my beautidul dark twisted fantasy.

Idk where anybody gets the idea em sold out on mmlp. He seemed dedicated as ever to put out good shot and get shit of his chest. And people dont get real slim shady is making fun of repetitive pop songs from that time? And fucking kims on that album arguably his most disturbing song. He was popular but he seemed like he used itto point out the bullshit in the industry.

Em sucks now. Hes so bland and boring. He ran out shit to say. And he just makes cookie cutter pop music or cliche battlerap which is such a step back on the.mic. Dude used to say tons of real shit while spitting crazy complicated rhyme schemes. top 15 of all time to me.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #73 on: January 22, 2012, 09:01:49 AM »
Em did fall off when Encore dropped.  Prior to Encore, Eminem had steadily improved with each album and climaxed with the 8 Mile Soundtrack.  "Say Goodbye To Hollywood" was one of his last great tracks and that track is very prophetic if you listen closely. 

Why Em fell off...

#1.  8 Mile finally gave him the opportunity to show his story to the whole world.  The whole project was a gigantic success, and after completion of it Em had fulfilled his destiny and there was really nowhere to go after that but to either "disappear into the mountains" or to be a shadow of your former self.

#2.  Also, Em still was at the top of his game shortly after 8 Mile.  He didn't fall immediately.  The beefs were keepin him strong.  His beefs with Benzino, Ja Rule, and Murder Inc. kept Em sharp.  The first leak that came out for Encore was pretty dope, it had "We As Americuns" and diss tracks like "Bully" and "Canibitch" were still Em at his best.  But something died in him after that shit was leaked.  He gave up the beefs and what we ended up with was "Toy Soldier" and the god awful "Big Weenie".   

...Em's still capable of making a decent track every now and then.  And compared to the rest of the game he is still one of the best.   Tracks like "Where I'm At" with Loyd Banks prove he still has something left in the tank.  Em will  be rapping forever because that's all he knows.  I still always look forward to his next album.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #74 on: January 22, 2012, 10:58:07 AM »
He ran out shit to say.

That sums it up. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that whole "I was drugged out of my mind, going insane" thing wasn't just an act for his career. This way he could make an entire album about finally getting off drugs lol.

I listen to old Em & then listen to now & it's kinda lame hearing how he was a hundred million miles ahead of the artist he is now.