Author Topic: What your missing in your life. . .  (Read 522 times)

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: What your missing in your life. . .
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2008, 06:50:50 AM »
And of course you knew what a passport was, you are an immigrant from Afghanistan.   Your background and mine are totally different.  Most immigrants to the West worship school, it's one of the big reasons they immigrate in the first place.

A few things...

-You talk about making assumptions... you spoke on the social atmosphere, so it was more of a misunderstanding on my part rather than some bullshit assumption... but where did you get the idea that I'm an immigrant from Afghanistan? I was born here... yet I'm still big on school and education... as are many others who were born here.
So that also had nothing to do with me knowing what a passport was before I graduated high school.

-Props on your accomplishments

-I can attest to the fact that high school is a fucking joke here in the U.S... but having gone to high school here and now attending university... I can tell you first-hand that it's a completely different story when you get to the college level... I have learned so much in these last 3+ years... and it has probably been the best overall experience of my life. But then again, I attend a pretty good school, dormed my first two years, and now live right next to campus... so my experience is most likely a lot different from whatever experience you had with post-high school education... I'm assuming you took some courses at a community college... I took a few of those during my high school years, and it didn't seem any different than high school to me.

It all comes down to how much value you place upon it... but to claim that opening up some books at the library is the same as obtaining a college education is ridiculous. There's more to an education than just a mere memorization of facts and details.

- Lastly, I want to comment on what you said here:
"When I was 17, the only thing you could get me to read outside of school was hip-hop magazines and the sports page.  But my first year after graduating, I read dozens of books on my own, and in the beginning, I had to look in the dictionary every few sentences"

That has nothing to do with school. The fact that you didn't read anything but magazines outside of school isn't the school's fault. You said yourself that people can learn anything they want with some "motivation"... so maybe that's where the problem was laying with you. In addition, if it wasn't for you even getting that bullshit education you did up until high school... you probably wouldn't have been able to read and understand most of the shit you read and learned after high school. You learned how to read at school, right? By the way with all the reading you do on your own you should be able to spell simple words correctly... I mean you see them all the time... not knowing the difference between "of" and "have" really brings your comprehension of those readings to question.
my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2008, 03:34:11 PM »

A few things...

-You talk about making assumptions... you spoke on the social atmosphere, so it was more of a misunderstanding on my part rather than some bullshit assumption... but where did you get the idea that I'm an immigrant from Afghanistan? I was born here... yet I'm still big on school and education... as are many others who were born here.
So that also had nothing to do with me knowing what a passport was before I graduated high school.

-Props on your accomplishments

-I can attest to the fact that high school is a fucking joke here in the U.S... but having gone to high school here and now attending university... I can tell you first-hand that it's a completely different story when you get to the college level... I have learned so much in these last 3+ years... and it has probably been the best overall experience of my life. But then again, I attend a pretty good school, dormed my first two years, and now live right next to campus... so my experience is most likely a lot different from whatever experience you had with post-high school education... I'm assuming you took some courses at a community college... I took a few of those during my high school years, and it didn't seem any different than high school to me.

It all comes down to how much value you place upon it... but to claim that opening up some books at the library is the same as obtaining a college education is ridiculous. There's more to an education than just a mere memorization of facts and details.

- Lastly, I want to comment on what you said here:
"When I was 17, the only thing you could get me to read outside of school was hip-hop magazines and the sports page.  But my first year after graduating, I read dozens of books on my own, and in the beginning, I had to look in the dictionary every few sentences"

That has nothing to do with school. The fact that you didn't read anything but magazines outside of school isn't the school's fault. You said yourself that people can learn anything they want with some "motivation"... so maybe that's where the problem was laying with you. In addition, if it wasn't for you even getting that bullshit education you did up until high school... you probably wouldn't have been able to read and understand most of the shit you read and learned after high school. You learned how to read at school, right? By the way with all the reading you do on your own you should be able to spell simple words correctly... I mean you see them all the time... not knowing the difference between "of" and "have" really brings your comprehension of those readings to question.

-So you didn't immigrate yourself but your family did, either way, my point is still valid.  You probably grew up spoking a couple of languages and I'm sure you had some idea about the outside world; and probably had close family members all over the world.

-Whether community college or University I haven't been impressed with anything I've seen.  I used to visit my friends who went away to college at Universities and all they did was drink beer, played video games, and tried to kiss ass to get into some fraternity.  They actually became more ignorant in my opinion.  Obviously, my experiences do not represent a universal truth, they are my own experiences and impressions, and I am aware that other people have gained a great deal from the college experiences.  However, to me, according to my background and experiences, it's straight BULLSHIT!

-Also, the point I made about reading after high school was totally valid.  Had I been presented with any material in high school that was at all relevant or worthwhile, then I would have jumped on it.  But instead I was presented with "To Kill A Mocking Bird", "Great Expectations", "Mice and Men", Shakespeare, whatever... and historical figures like Harry S. Truman, Martin Luther King, King Louie the whatever (world history in school is just America and Europe)... the point of is none of that shit reached me.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 07:13:08 PM by Abd. Inf. presents... RIP Lucky Dube »
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2008, 05:05:50 PM »
Aight, who got that Dead Prez in mp3??

when it rains it pours

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2008, 05:58:57 PM »
why we want what we cant have?
im missing a good education, im too patient, kinda silent (introvert), detox. TIME!

provoked15

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2008, 07:59:51 PM »
Been on "THE FUTURE OF ONLINE ENTERTAINMENT"? (according to Urb Magazine)

Theres so much to do, that im just gonna leave a banner and let you peep it for yourself. You dont even have to register.

Cipher - Battle - Chat; All 100% Live! peep it.

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2008, 12:01:57 PM »

Yeah, a college education is useful because you earn a degree that will help you land a job. Have you attended, or are you attending college right now? I honestly don't think you can equate a college education to popping open an encyclopedia. In my opinion there's more to a formal education than simply obtaining information.

Fuck school (*bumps Dead Prez "They Schools")

I try to stay away from school as much as possible.  Every once in a while I forget how bad it really is, and go back... but I am quickly reminded.

I have a few certificates from school.  I have a CDL (Commercial Drivers Liscence).  I have a CNA (Certified Nurse Assistant) and a CMT (Certified Medication Technician).  I also have a lot of useless credit hours that have amounted to nothing.  I've wasted time, wasted money, passed a few here, flunked a few there... and it was all straight up BULLSHIT!  And the last time I even liked the social atmosphere of school was jr. high.

And anything I learned in school I could of learned much better outside of school.  Coming out of high school I didn't even know what a passport was... I only started learning when I got out of high school (public schools are nothing more than government schools by the way) and started making my own moves.   

lol i knew what a passprt was in elementary skool.....

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?