Author Topic: What your missing in your life. . .  (Read 521 times)

provoked15

• Lil Geezy
What your missing in your life. . .
« on: March 09, 2008, 02:00:44 PM »
I wont say anymore as IM not tryin to turn this post into spam.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 03:58:46 PM by 7even »
Cipher - Battle - Chat; All 100% Live! peep it.

Sikotic™

Re: What your missing in your life. . .
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 02:05:52 PM »
I am gonna take charge of this utterly pointless thread, and bring some sort of meaning to it.

Honestly, what's missing in my life is probably a feeling of self-importance. What I mean is, I have all of these goals I want to accomplish, but the process it take to accomplish these goals takes forever. I feel like I'm just sitting on my ass in a classroom learning shit that will never apply to my goals in life.

So I guess I'm missing patience in my life as well.

Anyways, I tried to save this thread. If all else fails, "free post".
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Australian Bastard

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 02:20:40 PM »
Word. Wasting the youth away in textbooks.

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2008, 03:15:20 PM »
I am gonna take charge of this utterly pointless thread, and bring some sort of meaning to it.

Honestly, what's missing in my life is probably a feeling of self-importance. What I mean is, I have all of these goals I want to accomplish, but the process it take to accomplish these goals takes forever. I feel like I'm just sitting on my ass in a classroom learning shit that will never apply to my goals in life.

Anyways, I tried to save this thread. If all else fails, "free post".

I know what you mean... but there's a different way to look at this (as with everything else), and it would probably be more fulfilling to look at it this way.
An education in itself is very valuable in my opinion, regardless of whether you ever use all that information (in my case, economic theories) to achieve your goals or not... the four years that you're spending at the school is giving you the backbone for what you want to do in the future... some of the information you're going to apply... I think it also serves to train you to think a certain way. Also, I love gaining knowledge.... and anyone that's out there gaining knowledge is doing something positive for themselves, and maybe even for others, since more knowledge means less ignorance. And I think you said you're planning on becoming a doctor... so there's no reason why you should feel any lack of self-importance when you're doing what is necessary to reach that goal... certain things in life are just a series of stepping stones... a career path and the education leading up to it is certainly one of those things. So I guess in the end it really is (or should be) just a matter of you being impatient... but that goes for many of us. I'm very impatient... but it seems like it's only for things in the short-term (I get pissed off sitting in traffic, if I'm picking my girlfriend up and she's not ready by the time she said she would be, etc)... for long-term goals I've learned to accept that it's all about completing one thing to start another in order to eventually reach my goal.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 03:34:00 PM by J @ M @ L »
my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

Sikotic™

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2008, 06:40:29 PM »
That's a good perception to have. You're completely right, I guess I'm just a pessimistic person. Either way, I have to go through this shit so being impatient with something long-term isn;t going to do me any favors.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2008, 10:09:08 PM »

That's why you need Islam, because Islam places importance upon every moment of the day.  Because Islam is a way of life that is submission to the Creator.  So you are trying to stay in a constant state of submission and remembrance of God.  For example, at 5 points of the day there are congregational prayers in the masjid that you can attend or at the very least you must perform by yourself, so you are constantly reminded (by this and various aspects of the religion) of your higher self and purpose to live righteous. 
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 10:10:52 PM by Abd. Inf. presents... RIP Lucky Dube »
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2008, 10:14:03 PM »

I know what you mean... but there's a different way to look at this (as with everything else), and it would probably be more fulfilling to look at it this way.
An education in itself is very valuable in my opinion, regardless of whether you ever use all that information (in my case, economic theories) to achieve your goals or not... the four years that you're spending at the school is giving you the backbone for what you want to do in the future... some of the information you're going to apply... I think it also serves to train you to think a certain way. Also, I love gaining knowledge.... and anyone that's out there gaining knowledge is doing something positive for themselves, and maybe even for others, since more knowledge means less ignorance. And I think you said you're planning on becoming a doctor... so there's no reason why you should feel any lack of self-importance when you're doing what is necessary to reach that goal... certain things in life are just a series of stepping stones... a career path and the education leading up to it is certainly one of those things. So I guess in the end it really is (or should be) just a matter of you being impatient... but that goes for many of us. I'm very impatient... but it seems like it's only for things in the short-term (I get pissed off sitting in traffic, if I'm picking my girlfriend up and she's not ready by the time she said she would be, etc)... for long-term goals I've learned to accept that it's all about completing one thing to start another in order to eventually reach my goal.

College may be useful in pursuing a career, cause it gives you a piece of paper that will help you land a job. 

But let's be real, almost anything you can learn in college you can learn with a library card, internet access, and motivation.  And not only that but you will learn it your own way, and not just be merely repeating what your teaching has "trained" you to say.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

Joe Bonanno

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2008, 10:17:07 PM »

That's why you need Islam

lol

before you convert to islam sik, i have a dianetics test i want you to try so we can measure your stress. cool?

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2008, 11:52:48 PM »

College may be useful in pursuing a career, cause it gives you a piece of paper that will help you land a job. 

But let's be real, almost anything you can learn in college you can learn with a library card, internet access, and motivation.  And not only that but you will learn it your own way, and not just be merely repeating what your teaching has "trained" you to say.

Yeah, a college education is useful because you earn a degree that will help you land a job. Have you attended, or are you attending college right now? I honestly don't think you can equate a college education to popping open an encyclopedia. In my opinion there's more to a formal education than simply obtaining information.
my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

Sikotic™

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2008, 12:25:12 AM »

That's why you need Islam

lol

before you convert to islam sik, i have a dianetics test i want you to try so we can measure your stress. cool?
LMAO!

I'll think about it.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2008, 12:34:44 AM »

Yeah, a college education is useful because you earn a degree that will help you land a job. Have you attended, or are you attending college right now? I honestly don't think you can equate a college education to popping open an encyclopedia. In my opinion there's more to a formal education than simply obtaining information.

Fuck school (*bumps Dead Prez "They Schools")

I try to stay away from school as much as possible.  Every once in a while I forget how bad it really is, and go back... but I am quickly reminded.

I have a few certificates from school.  I have a CDL (Commercial Drivers Liscence).  I have a CNA (Certified Nurse Assistant) and a CMT (Certified Medication Technician).  I also have a lot of useless credit hours that have amounted to nothing.  I've wasted time, wasted money, passed a few here, flunked a few there... and it was all straight up BULLSHIT!  And the last time I even liked the social atmosphere of school was jr. high.

And anything I learned in school I could of learned much better outside of school.  Coming out of high school I didn't even know what a passport was... I only started learning when I got out of high school (public schools are nothing more than government schools by the way) and started making my own moves.   

Joe Bonanno

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2008, 12:38:13 AM »

youre white bryan that song has nothing to do with you.

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2008, 12:46:53 AM »

youre white bryan that song has nothing to do with you.

Actually it does.  That song sounded very empowering to me when I first heard it.  It says, "In a 4 year sentence, mad niggaz never finish, but that doesn't mean I couldn't be a doctor or dentist".  I first heard that song my senior year of highschool, spring 2000, and I remember that line got me thinking about how anything a doctor or dentist learns in school you could actually learn outside of school.  I realized how fooled people are to think knowledge is contained in a classroom. 

Check this, the whole world is a classroom, and God is our teacher.

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2008, 12:54:07 AM »

I try to stay away from school as much as possible.  Every once in a while I forget how bad it really is, and go back... but I am quickly reminded.

I have a few certificates from school.  I have a CDL (Commercial Drivers Liscence).  I have a CNA (Certified Nurse Assistant) and a CMT (Certified Medication Technician).  I also have a lot of useless credit hours that have amounted to nothing.  I've wasted time, wasted money, passed a few here, flunked a few there... and it was all straight up BULLSHIT!  And the last time I even liked the social atmosphere of school was jr. high.

And anything I learned in school I could of learned much better outside of school.  Coming out of high school I didn't even know what a passport was... I only started learning when I got out of high school (public schools are nothing more than government schools by the way) and started making my own moves.   

Maybe in your case it was a waste of time and money. You not knowing what a passport was doesn't have anything to do with school... it just means you were a sheltered dumbass... I'm sorry but it's true... I knew what a passport was in elementary. Where have "your own moves" taken you?
Also maybe your hate for school stems from your dislike of the "social atmosphere"... maybe the fact that you weren't liked very much and didn't have many friends prevented you from appreciating the education itself.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2008, 03:12:25 AM »

Maybe in your case it was a waste of time and money. You not knowing what a passport was doesn't have anything to do with school... it just means you were a sheltered dumbass... I'm sorry but it's true... I knew what a passport was in elementary.

Part of a good education involves learning about the outside world, which I knew nothing about upon graduating highschool.  So not knowing what a passport was is relevant to the discussion.  And of course you knew what a passport was, you are an immigrant from Afghanistan.   Your background and mine are totally different.  Most immigrants to the West worship school, it's one of the big reasons they immigrate in the first place.

Where have "your own moves" taken you?

My own moves have taken me all over the world.  I've spent significant time in Saudi Arabia (Mekkah, Medina, Jeddah) in Oman, the Emirates, Africa (Senegal and Gambia).  And also been briefly to Mexico, Bahamas and Europe.

I've learned everything outside of school.  A book by William Upski Wimsatt really changed my life.  He's a hip-hop activist and he writes about self-education over public education, and how we can get much more out of creating our own curriculum for ourselves.

When I was 17, the only thing you could get me to read outside of school was hip-hop magazines and the sports page.  But my first year after graduating, I read dozens of books on my own, and in the beginning, I had to look in the dictionary every few sentences (when I read "Soul On Ice" for example). 

I started practicing vegetarianism, flirted with Buddhism, eventually ended up with Islam.   

I learned how to read and write Arabic, can read and understand 75% of the Quran in it's originally language of Arabic without English translation, know basic Arabic conversation. 

I've given lectures in front of 100's of people at mosque's inside of America and also while I was in Africa.  (In high school I never gave one lecture to anybody about anything, and in the Speech class in college I gave just 3 speaches which was a joke because that's hardly enough for anybody to break their fear of public speaking)

I've lead youth sports groups and dawah projects inside the Islamic community.   I've taught classes on Turkish/Ottoman history, along with history of the Kalifah, Spanish Islamic era, etc. 

I didn't even know the difference between what right wing and liberal meant when I graduated high school.  Since graduating I've studied Libertarian politics in depth, Islamic sharia, and global economics and it's relationship to politics.   

Also, of course, I've studied in depth African-Islamic history from Africa to America and so on, and all the various black nationalist history that has existed in America.

Studied history of the Indian subcontinent, basically world history, religious history... so many things man, the point is, whatever I did I did outside of school.

Also maybe your hate for school stems from your dislike of the "social atmosphere"... maybe the fact that you weren't liked very much and didn't have many friends prevented you from appreciating the education itself.

This is always funny to me.  How would any of you know if I wasn't "liked very much" in school?  Your understanding is so limited that if I say I hated high school then you automatically assume I must not have been well liked.  That's ridiculous.  But people say it to each other all the time at the forum online. 

I was actually very well liked in school.  I had plenty of girlfriends, played on the high school basketball team, went to all the parties, got high, got drunk, got laid, and everything else people use to measure popularity in school.  But none of it meant shit to me. 

When I first started hanging out and having girlfriends in my early teens (13 and 14) in jr. high, it was really fun and I really loved it, and the close friends and girlfriends I had in those early years are still special to me in my heart to this day.  94-96 hold some of my sweetest memories.  Those were real genuine times. 

But by the time high school came around, people had changed, everyone became fake; and none of it seemed real to me.  It was all old a played out.  But I didn't know what else to do, so I just went along with it, and prayed that it would all end soon.  I even wanted to kill myself more than anything.  But instead, I just waited for high school to end, so I could move on with my life and go in a totally different direction on my own.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 03:28:45 AM by Abd. Inf. presents... RIP Lucky Dube »