Author Topic: Vatican lists new sins, including pollution  (Read 456 times)

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Vatican lists new sins, including pollution
« on: March 10, 2008, 06:14:12 AM »
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080310/ts_nm/pope_sins_dc

VATICAN CITY (Reuters) - Thou shall not pollute the Earth. Thou shall beware genetic manipulation. Modern times bring with them modern sins. So the Vatican has told the faithful that they should be aware of "new" sins such as causing environmental blight.

The guidance came at the weekend when Archbishop Gianfranco Girotti, the Vatican's number two man in the sometimes murky area of sins and penance, spoke of modern evils.

Asked what he believed were today's "new sins," he told the Vatican newspaper L'Osservatore Romano that the greatest danger zone for the modern soul was the largely uncharted world of bioethics.

"(Within bioethics) there are areas where we absolutely must denounce some violations of the fundamental rights of human nature through experiments and genetic manipulation whose outcome is difficult to predict and control," he said.

The Vatican opposes stem cell research that involves destruction of embryos and has warned against the prospect of human cloning.

Girotti, in an interview headlined "New Forms of Social Sin," also listed "ecological" offences as modern evils.

In recent months, Pope Benedict has made several strong appeals for the protection of the environment, saying issues such as climate change had become gravely important for the entire human race.

Under Benedict and his predecessor John Paul, the Vatican has become progressively "green."

It has installed photovoltaic cells on buildings to produce electricity and hosted a scientific conference to discuss the ramifications of global warming and climate change, widely blamed on human use of fossil fuels.

Girotti, who is number two in the Vatican "Apostolic Penitentiary," which deals with matter of conscience, also listed drug trafficking and social and economic injustices as modern sins.

But Girotti also bemoaned that fewer and fewer Catholics go to confession at all.

He pointed to a study by Milan's Catholic University that showed that up to 60 percent of Catholic faithful in Italy stopped going to confession.

In the sacrament of Penance, Catholics confess their sins to a priest who absolves them in God's name.

But the same study by the Catholic University showed that 30 percent of Italian Catholics believed that there was no need for a priest to be God's intermediary and 20 percent felt uncomfortable talking about their sins to another person.
my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Vatican lists new sins, including pollution
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 06:20:53 AM »

You are going to think this is crazy and I do to, although it seems some of the craziest ideas have some truth to them but from what I have gathered, this idea of a one world government, would also lead to a one world religion and the religion would be the worshipping of the environment.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 02:18:10 PM »
If you need evidence that religion is a man made mass control device designed to keep the elite ruling class in power, look no further. How can a man just all of a sudden decide to write new sins? I thought Holy Law was supposed to be devine. Come to find out any asshole in the Vatican can just decide to make up new rules as we go.

Australian Bastard

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 02:32:26 PM »
Word.

But I find it all too easy to look at Pope and UN and say "ooooh One World Government soon!" :laugh:

We have enough people fooled by zee Golden Calf anyway....

Why do you need a one world government when country's governments co-operate already?

Why do you need a one world religion when world opinion can and is swayed even more effectively by a paradigm of media, religion, spin, government speak and culture ?

But what about the anti-christ and the rebulding of Solomon?

IMO, the "anti-christ" is a philosophical idea...its a battle within and without yourself that has been happening day to day, since the dawn of time, its the idea that knowing that what you know, having worked so far through your life discerning what is good and bad in the inner and outter world, you would throw it all away........
.....having known God, would you then actively ignore and disown him and allow yourself to be a vehicle of blasphemy?

Think about it, the idea behind the anit-christ is he will dominate the physical realm and shall therefore work top-down to oppress the inner spiritual life, to make you forget and ignore the Godhood in you and only see god in the representation of the physical...everything that matters is then only considerable in the physical realm and everything else has no bearing and is not important. By controlling the physical, what is important is only what they tell you is and our own physical urges (greed, want, egotism, desire) take priority over the infinite sea of existence within, because they are all that is important. The warning with Revelations is that all this shit is intensifying...

People in this modern day and age have made the anit-christ into a neat little story, they have made movies out of it (End of Days, etc) in movies people can see the bad guy (Satan) and they can see the good guy (Arnie) when infact its much more personal than that... Satan's origin of power does not stem from the physical realm of mankind, it actually only resides within, its only because you allow it to manifest in the physical, so seeing Satan walking around New York fucking women and murdering muthafuckers is reinforcing the idea that evil exists without in the physical, when ifact it's origin is within you the muthafucker sitting there watching the movie, knowing that now you can do something about. Instead if you didn't know you would walk away with the subconsciously implanted Hollywood fear.   

What I say is true..because if people would bother to feel any understanding towards themselves, other people or celebrities for that matter(who instead we just laugh at and degrade for their own personnal demons) , you would understand that nothing physical will make you happy if you are not already happy within yourself.  

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iXXoCSCATtY" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iXXoCSCATtY</a>
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 05:32:51 PM by get OVER the inner FIEND »

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2008, 02:39:12 PM »
If you need evidence that religion is a man made mass control device designed to keep the elite ruling class in power, look no further. How can a man just all of a sudden decide to write new sins? I thought Holy Law was supposed to be devine. Come to find out any asshole in the Vatican can just decide to make up new rules as we go.

Well, exactly, who does he think he is. He can't be doin' that. What he can do is change the laws of his Churches. Which he damn sure should do. Let Priest's marry!

Does this nigga not know The Bible does not just apply to Catholics. :laugh:

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2008, 03:26:03 PM »

Well, exactly, who does he think he is. He can't be doin' that. What he can do is change the laws of his Churches. Which he damn sure should do. Let Priest's marry!

Catholics are a little more regiliously fanatic than most other religions. If you aren't with them, you're going to hell, and you're just a heathen reading their book. Get on the bandwagon now and save yourself later. lol

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2008, 03:50:00 PM »

Catholics are a little more regiliously fanatic than most other religions.

I disagree.  I used to go to a Catholic school back in my 5th-9th grade years, my parents are Catholic, most of my family and friends are Catholic and they are the most casual religious people I know.  My feeling is that the smaller the religion, the more fanatics it has. 

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2008, 03:58:42 PM »

I disagree.  I used to go to a Catholic school back in my 5th-9th grade years, my parents are Catholic, most of my family and friends are Catholic and they are the most casual religious people I know.  My feeling is that the smaller the religion, the more fanatics it has. 

Yeah, I think that too. They AIN'T even CLOSE to some religions out there. They really laid back. You ain't Catholic, you ain't Catholic. They don't trip over it. They don't preach they shit to try an convert the whole got damn hood. Lol. Just my thoughts..:-\

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2008, 04:24:56 PM »

Catholism is probably in the minority here in the midwest. Most of my friends are Protestant or Lutheran. I was raised Catholic casually, but my dad told me about his days at a Catholic private school. Nuns whooping the shit out of the kids and telling them their non-Catholic friends are going to hell. My mom is Protestant and she never told me about anything like that.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2008, 04:28:04 PM »

Catholism is probably in the minority here in the midwest. Most of my friends are Protestant or Lutheran. I was raised Catholic casually, but my dad told me about his days at a Catholic private school. Nuns whooping the shit out of the kids and telling them their non-Catholic friends are going to hell. My mom is Protestant and she never told me about anything like that.

Yeah, that makes sense.  If the religion is a minority in that area, they're usually the hardcore type. 

Narrator

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2008, 05:39:41 PM »
Those "traditional" Catholics (the Pat Buchanan/Mel Gibson types) definitely worry me.  However, in the northeast, most of the Catholics I've met (particularly the Irish-Americans) are some of the nicest people.  Actually, most Irish Catholics I've known are pretty liberal, precisely the opposite of the traditionalist types.

On the other hand, I generally find Catholicism to be pretty messed up, moreso than even Baptism (and I live around Baptists now; can't stand those fuckers).  Whenever I hear those evangelical types talking about how much they hate Catholicism, I can almost sympathize.  There was a time when Catholics were just about the least sympathetic people in the world.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 09:45:36 AM by Foday-muh'fuckin-Sankoh, bitch! »

Joe Bonanno

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2008, 05:42:45 PM »
Those "traditional" Catholics (the Pat Buchanan/Mel Gibson types) definitely worry me.  However, in the northeast, most of the Catholics I've met (particularly the Irish-Americans) are some of the nicest people.  Actually, most Irish Catholics I've known are pretty liberal, precisely the opposite of the traditionalist types.

On the other hand, I generally find Catholicism to be pretty messed up, moreso than even Baptism (and I live around Baptists now; can't stand those fuckers).  Whenever I hear those evangelical types talking about how much they hate Catholicism, I can almost sympathize.  There was a type when Catholics were just about the least sympathetic people in the world.

umm, whya re you offering a sincere opinion on things. we want you to be killing crackers, not praising their hospitality

Narrator

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2008, 07:13:30 PM »

On the other hand, I generally find Catholicism to be pretty messed up, moreso than even Baptism (and I live around Baptists now; can't stand those fuckers).  Whenever I hear those evangelical types talking about how much they hate Catholicism, I can almost sympathize.  There was a type when Catholics were just about the least sympathetic people in the world.

umm, whya re you offering a sincere opinion on things. we want you to be killing crackers, not praising their hospitality

Don't worry; you're still gonna die on Judgment Day.  Ain't a goddamned thang changed.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2008, 08:32:16 PM »

I don't know about the part about the smaller the religion the more fanatics it has, but I will agree that I have not come into contact with anyone I would consider a Catholic zealot.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2008, 01:37:33 PM »
Hey over fiend aka Australian bastard this word co-operation is a whitewash, it's not co-operation it's integration. I was watching a news affairs programme called Newsnight in the last day and it was indicative of the way in which they aren't even trying to hide their true faces anymore. I should hasten to add that this woman could just be a useful idiot but she was representing one of the environmental groups. Her genius idea to solve the evil carbon, is to introduce a carbon quota per person and the host sarcastically said oh so you are for a powerful state are you? and she said well I feel it's important to compel people because they won't do it voluntarily. Then when asked but how are you going to ensure that the chinese are heeding the same controls as the brits for example?  she replied, well we need international standards to be introduced. Right there, she is calling for a world government aka world dictatorship whether she realises it or not and under the pretext of saving the poor earth. Let's not get this twisted amigo, they pulled the wool over the Europeans eyes in the creation of the European Union it was insisted that it was only a benevolent trading block but now fast forward 50 years and the E.U has ignored democratic wishes and is instead via the European constitution creating the final frameworks for a European body to govern Europe. As if that was not insane enough, David Milliband the labour shill has "suggested" that African nations should join the European Union. The Uinon destroys the sovereignty of the nations, it destroys firewalls, it renders the members as slave states.

As has been said by Turf Hitta, you can tell how deliberate and systematic this all is when the Pope of all people, suddenly turns up the heat on people also. The more I think about it, the more I can see this lunacy of a mother earth religion coming true. As far as the U.N are concerned, they were formed by the military industrial complex, yet they call the soldiers "peace keepers" they are an unaccountable military regulatory of this global government. When I said this coming world government part of the infrastructure at least, has been in place for some time but it seems like they are now announcing it boldly. Incrementally little by little, we have slipped deeper and deeper into quick sand and ultimately the only thing that might have a chance of breaking this, is the fallout/violence when the sum of all parts is exacted.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 01:40:35 PM by virtuoso »