Author Topic: They Want To Get Rid Of US Public Schools  (Read 1664 times)

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: They Want To Get Rid Of US Public Schools
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2008, 02:17:37 AM »
While I think the public school system in America is generally a failure at this point and needs to be revamped, I disagree with this particular method.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2008, 01:13:36 PM »
While I think the public school system in America is generally a failure at this point and needs to be revamped, I disagree with this particular method.

What do you agree with... paying even more of your tax money to fund an expanded version of Bush's "no child left behind?"  LOL.

That's why government is a joke.  If a program works, they say it's working so they call for more money, and if a government program doesn't work (like public schools, war on drugs, etc.) then they say it's not working and they need more money to fund it, more oversight, more bureaucracy, more paperwork, etc.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2008, 02:01:26 PM »

What do you agree with... paying even more of your tax money to fund an expanded version of Bush's "no child left behind?"  LOL.

That's why government is a joke.  If a program works, they say it's working so they call for more money, and if a government program doesn't work (like public schools, war on drugs, etc.) then they say it's not working and they need more money to fund it, more oversight, more bureaucracy, more paperwork, etc.

I don't have the answer, but this is definitely not it.

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2008, 04:59:15 PM »
Get rid of public schools? That's a stupid idea. The problem is students going to different public schools get completely different qualities of education. Every public school should offer the same education, and quality of education.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2008, 05:02:18 PM »
Get rid of public schools? That's a stupid idea. The problem is students going to different public schools get completely different qualities of education. Every public school should offer the same education, and quality of education.

And everyone should have a good job, and everyone should be prosperous, and everyone should be healthy, and everyone should be safe...  and if we just had a good government they would give us all of this, right?
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2008, 06:49:28 PM »

And everyone should have a good job, and everyone should be prosperous, and everyone should be healthy, and everyone should be safe...  and if we just had a good government they would give us all of this, right?

Nice sarcasm. The point is other countries provide decent education to all their students. An education is different then the things you mentioned. A decent education is something everyone deserves. And something a lot of people get in countries like Germany, UK, Canada. The US government is incompetent at providing basic things.

The answer to problems in government services isn't privatizing things.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 06:51:27 PM by The King of Mitt Romney's Fan Club »

herpes

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2008, 08:43:47 PM »
What keeps the rich from getting the best education and poor from getting fucked over ?

herpes

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2008, 02:29:21 PM »
What keeps the rich from getting the best education and poor from getting fucked over ?

Will someone please answer me.

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2008, 03:43:36 PM »

where do u get that from?

Sparegeez

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2008, 04:31:55 PM »
Honestly, is High School really that hard? It's a fucking piece of cake if you just respect your teachers (By respect I mean not get loud with them and disrupt what they're trying to teach you) and if you just do the easy ass work they assign. Blacks and Latinos struggle so much, at least here in Cali, because they always want to start shit with their teachers and act defiant when they don't need to. Sure there are some teachers that are just straight up dicks, but you can't deny you can still pass the class if you just mind your own business and do your work. And plus most teachers are teachers because they love to teach, remember they don't get paid that much. So obviously they are teaching for a reason..

herpes

« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2008, 04:44:43 PM »

where do u get that from?

Well I keep reading the govt wouldn't be involved with it.  It would be a private institution.  Which leads me to believe that since we wouldn't have to pay school tax anymore we would have to pay out of pocket for school?  If I am wrong and any choice of school is free to go to then let me know if I am wrong.

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2008, 04:50:07 PM »
they teach you some of the most mundane shit in public schools. We are taught how Thanksgiving is a beautiful holiday even though we killed off the natives with small pox blankets and we to pledge allegiance to the flag.

Sparegeez

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2008, 04:54:46 PM »
they teach you some of the most mundane shit in public schools. We are taught how Thanksgiving is a beautiful holiday even though we killed off the natives with small pox blankets and we to pledge allegiance to the flag.

Maybe in Elementary school. But we've had real good in depth discussions about how America is fucked up in all of my Government and History classes. Maybe it's because I live in a very Liberal area. But still, around me you see Black and Latino students dropping out. They're just being lazy while trying to get cool points with the ladys (Bitches at a young age love bad boys). No excuse.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2008, 05:29:52 PM »
Honestly, is High School really that hard? It's a fucking piece of cake if you just respect your teachers (By respect I mean not get loud with them and disrupt what they're trying to teach you) and if you just do the easy ass work they assign. Blacks and Latinos struggle so much, at least here in Cali, because they always want to start shit with their teachers and act defiant when they don't need to. Sure there are some teachers that are just straight up dicks, but you can't deny you can still pass the class if you just mind your own business and do your work. And plus most teachers are teachers because they love to teach, remember they don't get paid that much. So obviously they are teaching for a reason..

Maybe in Elementary school. But we've had real good in depth discussions about how America is fucked up in all of my Government and History classes. Maybe it's because I live in a very Liberal area. But still, around me you see Black and Latino students dropping out. They're just being lazy while trying to get cool points with the ladys (Bitches at a young age love bad boys). No excuse.

Wow. You're speaking some real shit are there.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2008, 05:30:54 PM »
Most people don't even know that Thanksgiving originally had NOTHING to do with pilgrims, Native Americans, or turkeys.