Author Topic: [UPDATE] Snoop is #3 and on pace of selling 120-125k (behind Rick Ross & Now27)  (Read 1677 times)

D~Nice

Re: Snoop is #3 and on pace of selling 130k (behind Rick Ross & Now27)
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2008, 06:45:52 PM »
I own both of Ross' albums. Average to me.

arthurnelson88

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • RIP Buster
« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2008, 06:50:59 PM »
When tha game of Hip Hop is backed in2 a corner 4 tha last time, then ppl will begin 2 realize wat waz is now gone.  how creative and new do u want shit 2 b, i hear music from different genres ALL THE TIME and its still got tha same beats and subjects matters as hip hop just wit a different twist.  i think negative opinions being expressed all tha time is wat kills an artist even though that artist is good.  nobody was sayin hip hop was dead wen Black Star was on some "lighter" Public Enemy shit or nobody was sayin' Soul was dead wen Minnie Ripperton died, so why is Hip Hop dead bcuz Pac & BIG are dead bcuz thats wat its all about, those two (and not even all that much Biggie anymore).  Hip Hop is long from dead but it'll be just anotha disco at tha rate ppl are goin.  there needs 2 education of Hip Hop, not just a buncha shit talkin about anotha mans work bcuz Nas said somethin and EVERYBODY hopped on his dick and then downloaded his album.
I only fuck with 10's

D~Nice

« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2008, 06:56:30 PM »
When tha game of Hip Hop is backed in2 a corner 4 tha last time, then ppl will begin 2 realize wat waz is now gone.  how creative and new do u want shit 2 b, i hear music from different genres ALL THE TIME and its still got tha same beats and subjects matters as hip hop just wit a different twist.  i think negative opinions being expressed all tha time is wat kills an artist even though that artist is good.  nobody was sayin hip hop was dead wen Black Star was on some "lighter" Public Enemy shit or nobody was sayin' Soul was dead wen Minnie Ripperton died, so why is Hip Hop dead bcuz Pac & BIG are dead bcuz thats wat its all about, those two (and not even all that much Biggie anymore).  Hip Hop is long from dead but it'll be just anotha disco at tha rate ppl are goin.  there needs 2 education of Hip Hop, not just a buncha shit talkin about anotha mans work bcuz Nas said somethin and EVERYBODY hopped on his dick and then downloaded his album.

I listen to EVERYTHING. I own at least 2500 albums, most spent with my hard earned money. So in listening so as much music as I have Rick Ross is average to me. I don't think he is wack, but Trilla and POM just don't get regular burn in the ride and at the house with me. Now that new Pete Rock is a different story.

Lunatic

« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2008, 06:57:00 PM »
^I am a BIG ross fan (Port Of Miami is pretty fuckin dope) but his new album is a Frisbee

ur opinion is urs, keep it.  dont spread haterism, why u think thats wat alot of rappers talk about, its bcuz ppl do tha same shit thats infested wit this board (and SOME others too)
u dropped your opinion, why can't i drop mine?

so because i don't like the cd i am an automatic hater? learn 2 read, i said i am a BIG ross fan. I just refuse to dick ride him for the sake of it. If its wack, im gonna say it. Same situation if its a hot album.

i neva called u a hater but look at wat ppl have been ritin' ever since u started this topic.  MOST of them havent even heard POM or Trilla and callin it a fluke.  its haterism 2 tha max, no disrespects 2 u but thats wat it is.  u cant control ppl's thoughts on here anyways but u can open them, but why would u kill Hip Hop (metaphorically speaking) on a forum that u already know is 1 of tha problems wit todays industries.  its a buncha young minded ppl hoppin on tha hate tha new Hip Hop artist trend.
I didn't start this topic lol. Well i've heard both so i don't apply 2 that. If they haven't heard his albums, than i agree it's hating. But if they have and dont like it, can't say nothin. Its their own opinion. I wouldn't say a forum like this is a problem with today's industry at all.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Screw Head Lifestylez
« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2008, 06:59:34 PM »
I still do not see what the big deal about Ross outselling Snoop is.

Both of their albums are of equal quality anyways, someone said every track on Trilla sounds the same,

as if the more introspective/retrospective tracks on Ego-Trippin' do not all sound the same, givvveeee meeee a breeeaaaakkk.

D~Nice

« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2008, 07:05:30 PM »
I still do not see what the big deal about Ross outselling Snoop is.

Both of their albums are of equal quality anyways, someone said every track on Trilla sounds the same,

as if the more introspective/retrospective tracks on Ego-Trippin' do not all sound the same, givvveeee meeee a breeeaaaakkk.

Because it's Snoop. In most cases if you say Snoop to most they would think the rapper before the cartoon character. He is damn near a icon so really other than Ross and Fat Joe and he is not dropping a album traditionally in the winter time with the heavyweights, most believe he should EASILY outsell the comp.

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Screw Head Lifestylez
« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2008, 07:11:18 PM »
Quote from: D~Nice
Because it's Snoop. In most cases if you say Snoop to most they would think the rapper before the cartoon character. He is damn near a icon so really other than Ross and Fat Joe and he is not dropping a album traditionally in the winter time with the heavyweights, most believe he should EASILY outsell the comp.
thing is, the economy on which snoop would typically push those numbers (against heavyweights and flyweights alike) has changed much like the same the perception of snoop from 92-07. there can always be the question of maybe ross has a more dedicated fanbase, or a campaign that will produce more numbers.

once again, if snoop had dropped Doggystyle I could see some justification in some of these responses. but just because its snoop dogg its suppose to triumph above said opposition "just because"? I'll be on the sideline for that one.

D~Nice

« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2008, 07:18:21 PM »
Quote from: D~Nice
thing is, the economy on which snoop would typically push those numbers (against heavyweights and flyweights alike) has changed much like the same the perception of snoop from 92-07. there can always be the question of maybe ross has a more dedicated fanbase, or a campaign that will produce more numbers.

once again, if snoop had dropped Doggystyle I could see some justification in some of these responses. but just because its snoop dogg its suppose to triumph above said opposition "just because"? I'll be on the sideline for that one.

I highly doubt Ross is putting up 800k like his last album. He really does not have a monster hit like Hustlin on this album. I do agree things have changed alot music wise in sales and support across the board. But I would be highly surprised if Snoop did not go at least gold on this album. Ross this time around is going to need multiple hit records to crack gold this time.

arthurnelson88

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • RIP Buster
« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2008, 07:18:50 PM »
^I am a BIG ross fan (Port Of Miami is pretty fuckin dope) but his new album is a Frisbee

ur opinion is urs, keep it.  dont spread haterism, why u think thats wat alot of rappers talk about, its bcuz ppl do tha same shit thats infested wit this board (and SOME others too)

so because i don't like the cd i am an automatic hater? learn 2 read, i said i am a BIG ross fan. I just refuse to dick ride him for the sake of it. If its wack, im gonna say it. Same situation if its a hot album.

i neva called u a hater but look at wat ppl have been ritin' ever since u started this topic.  MOST of them havent even heard POM or Trilla and callin it a fluke.  its haterism 2 tha max, no disrespects 2 u but thats wat it is.  u cant control ppl's thoughts on here anyways but u can open them, but why would u kill Hip Hop (metaphorically speaking) on a forum that u already know is 1 of tha problems wit todays industries.  its a buncha young minded ppl hoppin on tha hate tha new Hip Hop artist trend.
I didn't start this topic lol. Well i've heard both so i don't apply 2 that. If they haven't heard his albums, than i agree it's hating. But if they have and dont like it, can't say nothin. Its their own opinion. I wouldn't say a forum like this is a problem with today's industry at all.

this forum is a problem, cuz its tha only WestSide based forum on tha internet and all folx do is fill it up wit nonsense.  MOST folx dont even give it a lissen just bcuz its from tha south or tha nigga is a hussle rapper.  now NOT EVERYONE is gonna like tha same things but most folx like most shit, its just a common fact.  if u like hip hop then u like down south music, it just goes togetha, wheather u from south central or brooklyn, if u say u dont or u neva give it a chance then ur ignorant (and not in a good way).  and this isnt just 4 Ross's album its for ALL Hip Hop, u cant call somethin dead or weak if u dont kno it exist.  that like me sayin all tha ants in my backyard are dead but they all are in my home----- breathe on that 4 a little bit.
I only fuck with 10's

Lunatic

« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2008, 07:21:08 PM »
i guarantee to all snoop will outsell ross in the end

D~Nice

« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2008, 07:22:28 PM »

this forum is a problem, cuz its tha only WestSide based forum on tha internet and all folx do is fill it up wit nonsense.  MOST folx dont even give it a lissen just bcuz its from tha south or tha nigga is a hussle rapper.  now NOT EVERYONE is gonna like tha same things but most folx like most shit, its just a common fact.  if u like hip hop then u like down south music, it just goes togetha, wheather u from south central or brooklyn, if u say u dont or u neva give it a chance then ur ignorant (and not in a good way).  and this isnt just 4 Ross's album its for ALL Hip Hop, u cant call somethin dead or weak if u dont kno it exist.  that like me sayin all tha ants in my backyard are dead but they all are in my home----- breathe on that 4 a little bit.

People get what they want out of this forum. But that is every forum trust me. There are some very knowledgable and great posters here. They can talk about any form of music you want and have intelligent convo to match about it. Like you said in another post, there is alot of bs out there.

arthurnelson88

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • RIP Buster
« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2008, 07:22:58 PM »
Snoop or Ross wont go Gold, nobody will-- pretty soon Gold will b tha new Diamond
I only fuck with 10's

westside159

« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2008, 07:23:18 PM »
MAN FUCC CORNY ASS RICK ROSS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!  That dude is wacc

arthurnelson88

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • RIP Buster
« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2008, 07:24:09 PM »

People get what they want out of this forum. But that is every forum trust me. There are some very knowledgable and great posters here. They can talk about any form of music you want and have intelligent convo to match about it. Like you said in another post, there is alot of bs out there.

wen i find wat u tryna say is on here (about hip hop) then i'll change my mind
I only fuck with 10's

Lunatic

« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2008, 07:25:06 PM »
Snoop or Ross wont go Gold, nobody will-- pretty soon Gold will b tha new Diamond
are u serious? i guarantee you at least 1 of them do, if not both. Platinum is the new diamond, that makes more sense.