Author Topic: [UPDATE] Snoop is #3 and on pace of selling 120-125k (behind Rick Ross & Now27)  (Read 1672 times)

D~Nice

Re: Snoop is #3 and on pace of selling 130k (behind Rick Ross & Now27)
« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2008, 07:27:42 PM »
^I am a BIG ross fan (Port Of Miami is pretty fuckin dope) but his new album is a Frisbee

ur opinion is urs, keep it.  dont spread haterism, why u think thats wat alot of rappers talk about, its bcuz ppl do tha same shit thats infested wit this board (and SOME others too)
u dropped your opinion, why can't i drop mine?

so because i don't like the cd i am an automatic hater? learn 2 read, i said i am a BIG ross fan. I just refuse to dick ride him for the sake of it. If its wack, im gonna say it. Same situation if its a hot album.

i neva called u a hater but look at wat ppl have been ritin' ever since u started this topic.  MOST of them havent even heard POM or Trilla and callin it a fluke.  its haterism 2 tha max, no disrespects 2 u but thats wat it is.  u cant control ppl's thoughts on here anyways but u can open them, but why would u kill Hip Hop (metaphorically speaking) on a forum that u already know is 1 of tha problems wit todays industries.  its a buncha young minded ppl hoppin on tha hate tha new Hip Hop artist trend.
I didn't start this topic lol. Well i've heard both so i don't apply 2 that. If they haven't heard his albums, than i agree it's hating. But if they have and dont like it, can't say nothin. Its their own opinion. I wouldn't say a forum like this is a problem with today's industry at all.

this forum is a problem, cuz its tha only WestSide based forum on tha internet and all folx do is fill it up wit nonsense.  MOST folx dont even give it a lissen just bcuz its from tha south or tha nigga is a hussle rapper.  now NOT EVERYONE is gonna like tha same things but most folx like most shit, its just a common fact.  if u like hip hop then u like down south music, it just goes togetha, wheather u from south central or brooklyn, if u say u dont or u neva give it a chance then ur ignorant (and not in a good way).  and this isnt just 4 Ross's album its for ALL Hip Hop, u cant call somethin dead or weak if u dont kno it exist.  that like me sayin all tha ants in my backyard are dead but they all are in my home----- breathe on that 4 a little bit.

People get what they want out of this forum. But that is every forum trust me. There are some very knowledgable and great posters here. They can talk about any form of music you want and have intelligent convo to match about it. Like you said in another post, there is alot of bs out there.

wen i find wat u tryna say is on here (about hip hop) then i'll change my mind

Check Outbound Section, use the search engine and see the convos Tanj, Bundy (yes Al Bundy) Lunatic, HighEyeCue, Dre-Day, Quiet Truth, Chad Vader, and others be having in here about music. I am forgetting alot of cats so no disrespect to the homies, but there is alot of dope convos in here.

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Screw Head Lifestylez
« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2008, 07:34:01 PM »
Quote from: D~Nice
I highly doubt Ross is putting up 800k like his last album. He really does not have a monster hit like Hustlin on this album. I do agree things have changed alot music wise in sales and support across the board. But I would be highly surprised if Snoop did not go at least gold on this album. Ross this time around is going to need multiple hit records to crack gold this time.
I too doubt he has a hit that can propell the entire project like Hustlin'. I doubt Snoop does too though, I honestly dont think Snoop's dropped a single that could do that since the Rhythm & Gangsta album. Thats That Shit got momentum moving for his project, and Sensual Seduction is a good start -- it may be too early to tell. He always has a bunch of potential singles but nothing thats just been "GAH!" in the last few years.

I dont know though, I wouldnt be too surprised if Snoop didnt. If he had released this album a year or two from now I would, but I am still teething off Blue Carpet. I was anticipating Blue Carp because of what I was left with with R&G (now I love this record but I hated it at the time, history is probably repeating itself with E.T, but I doubt it.)

D~Nice

« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2008, 07:41:16 PM »
I highly doubt Ross is putting up 800k like his last album. He really does not have a monster hit like Hustlin on this album. I do agree things have changed alot music wise in sales and support across the board. But I would be highly surprised if Snoop did not go at least gold on this album. Ross this time around is going to need multiple hit records to crack gold this time.
I too doubt he has a hit that can propell the entire project like Hustlin'. I doubt Snoop does too though, I honestly dont think Snoop's dropped a single that could do that since the Rhythm & Gangsta album. Thats That Shit got momentum moving for his project, and Sensual Seduction is a good start -- it may be too early to tell. He always has a bunch of potential singles but nothing thats just been "GAH!" in the last few years.

I dont know though, I wouldnt be too surprised if Snoop didnt. If he had released this album a year or two from now I would, but I am still teething off Blue Carpet. I was anticipating Blue Carp because of what I was left with with R&G (now I love this record but I hated it at the time, history is probably repeating itself with E.T, but I doubt it.)

True. But I have always said that Snoop's and his record label's selection of singles needs work.

arthurnelson88

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • RIP Buster
« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2008, 07:44:37 PM »
theres alot of bullshit everywhere on a every forum.... its just a matter of perspective
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 07:47:22 PM by arthurnelson88 »
I only fuck with 10's

arthurnelson88

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • RIP Buster
« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2008, 07:46:50 PM »

True. But I have always said that Snoop's and his record label's selection of singles needs work.

Sexual Seduction is HUGE, its bigger than just tha rap stations its even on tha Michael Baisden show as tha backround music.  like i said Snoop is bigger than music, ALOT of artist are, ppl just dont c it.  once u on TV, then its up 2 u 2 decide on how ur career goes and ends.  even JaRule had that chance, but fucked it up miserably
I only fuck with 10's

D~Nice

« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2008, 07:49:32 PM »

Sexual Seduction is HUGE, its bigger than just tha rap stations its even on tha Michael Baisden show as tha backround music.  like i said Snoop is bigger than music, ALOT of artist are, ppl just dont c it.  once u on TV, then its up 2 u 2 decide on how ur career goes and ends.  even JaRule had that chance, but fucked it up miserably

I was not talking about Sexual Seduction. That is a no brainer.

arthurnelson88

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • RIP Buster
« Reply #66 on: March 12, 2008, 07:50:31 PM »

I was not talking about Sexual Seduction. That is a no brainer.

oh
I only fuck with 10's

westrisingagain

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2008, 07:53:35 PM »
maybe cuz know one wants to hear sell out snoopy and his sensual seduction bullshit

arthurnelson88

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • RIP Buster
« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2008, 08:01:15 PM »
Snoop or Ross wont go Gold, nobody will-- pretty soon Gold will b tha new Diamond
are u serious? i guarantee you at least 1 of them do, if not both. Platinum is the new diamond, that makes more sense.

When Plies dropped Shawty last year dont u think that that single if released in 1998 woulda went platinum tha 1st week it dropped or even double platinum cuz it was so popular???  compare tha numbers and stats my nigga.  Jay Z didnt even break platinum (his best album since Tha Dynasty), Snoop's last junt didnt even break platinum, Kanye/50 had 2 make an imaginary beef 2 go platinum, dont think cuz Akon sells 3000000 records on his first album or second means he's at tha top of tha food chain, its only the begginners popularity wave, EVERYONE has it at 1 point or anotha.  they used 2 sell 12 million records back in tha 80's, and in tha 90's a some went went diamond or CLOSE (6,7,8,9 mill), early 00's the high point was 3 to 5 million and nowadays its platinum.  If Michael Jackson woulda dropped Thriller last week he wouldnt even sell a 4th of wat he sold then, same wit da Beetles.  Tha times have OFFICIALLY (and left me EMPHASIZE That) changed, and its not just wit music

Its not like im saying anything u dont already know and its not like its anything new going on, it is wat it is
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 08:07:17 PM by arthurnelson88 »
I only fuck with 10's

westside159

« Reply #69 on: March 12, 2008, 08:01:24 PM »
MAN WHY are niggaz talking about rick ross ? he would go on my list of wackest rappers ever really quicc !!!!!!
old fat ass , funny looking , talking over a beat ass nigga PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!! FUCC RICK ROSS , FAKE NIGGA

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2008, 08:18:28 PM »
theres a whole lot of ignorant shit goin in here...

too many of yall are ignorant to record sales and the way the they work.

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Snoop is #3 and on pace of selling 130k (behind Rick Ross & Now 27)
« Reply #71 on: March 12, 2008, 11:05:13 PM »
I was particularly surprised with Snoop's 1st-day sales forecast.  The reason being is the fact that not only did he have a radio-friendly single blowing up the airwaves, but he also had the top rated reality show on E! Network cross promoting him for the past 3 months.  With that much face time, it usually translates into modest sales revenue.  However, American Idol judge Randy Jackson also dropped his own album yesterday and it's on pace of selling 20k.  With that in mind, American Idol is THE highest rated TV show in America, so it makes for a hard case to argue why that particular medium didn't boost their 1st-week sales projections.

On a side-note, I wasn't aware that Blue Carpet Treatment hadn't hit Platinum yet?  Hitsdailydouble.com has Blue Carpet Treatment listed at 882,900 sold to date in the U.S. while Rick Ross' last album has sold 769,000. 

Lunatic

« Reply #72 on: March 12, 2008, 11:08:37 PM »
Snoop or Ross wont go Gold, nobody will-- pretty soon Gold will b tha new Diamond
are u serious? i guarantee you at least 1 of them do, if not both. Platinum is the new diamond, that makes more sense.
When Plies dropped Shawty last year dont u think that that single if released in 1998 woulda went platinum tha 1st week it dropped or even double platinum cuz it was so popular???  compare tha numbers and stats my nigga.  Jay Z didnt even break platinum (his best album since Tha Dynasty), Snoop's last junt didnt even break platinum, Kanye/50 had 2 make an imaginary beef 2 go platinum, dont think cuz Akon sells 3000000 records on his first album or second means he's at tha top of tha food chain, its only the begginners popularity wave, EVERYONE has it at 1 point or anotha.  they used 2 sell 12 million records back in tha 80's, and in tha 90's a some went went diamond or CLOSE (6,7,8,9 mill), early 00's the high point was 3 to 5 million and nowadays its platinum.  If Michael Jackson woulda dropped Thriller last week he wouldnt even sell a 4th of wat he sold then, same wit da Beetles.  Tha times have OFFICIALLY (and left me EMPHASIZE That) changed, and its not just wit music

Its not like im saying anything u dont already know and its not like its anything new going on, it is wat it is
but he still goin gold. And now in days its EXTREMELY hard for a "debut" rapper to do anything and Plies proved that wrong. Jay-Z also didn't make a very mainstream friendly record. No bullshit party joints. Straight hip-hop (at least for the most part). He didn't have that "show me what u got" on this album. And for ya info homie, Jay-Z was just certified platinum. Say what u want bout Kanye and 50, but they did they thing. Kanye like double platinum. 50 is platinum as well. Don't forget T.I., 2 big selling albums in 2006 and 2007.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

arthurnelson88

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • RIP Buster
« Reply #73 on: March 13, 2008, 05:13:33 AM »
^^^ but wat I'm tryna get at is ALL sales are LOW in todays music sales (AND DROPPING EVERY WEEK).  its not bcuz of niggaz droppin' "hip hop" trax or "party" records neitha bcuz if that was tha case, Today Was A Good Day shouldnt have sold wat it did back in 92/93 and instead Brotha Lynch Hung shoulda went diamond.  shit Justin Timberlake sold 3 milly, but how many ppl do u think downloaded that shit, if this was tha 80's- Timberlake woulda went diamond EASY.  If u check Snoops record tho, MOST of his albums only went double platinum.  "Newer" artist tend 2 sell more than vets in tha game, JUST BCUZ OF THEY RECENT POPULARITY- most of it has nothing 2 do wit' anything else.  and just bcuz they say T.I. sold 2mill doesnt mean 2million ppl brought his album and tha same 4 everybody else.  i dont kno if that means MORE or LESS but only 2million is off even if its 2,123,456 in sales, u kno 3million ppl could have brought his album or 100,000- that right there im not 2 sure on.
I only fuck with 10's

daffiozo

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #74 on: March 13, 2008, 08:42:59 AM »
its all because sexual eruption is a hit, but it aint shit, neva hafta wurry is a way betta than this wack ass single