Poll

Which one is the best?

Ego Trippin'
25 (29.1%)
Tha Blue Carpet Treatment
61 (70.9%)

Total Members Voted: 76

Author Topic: "Ego Trippin" or "Tha Blue Carpet Treatment" ?  (Read 2226 times)

Ali Tha Great

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: "Ego Trippin" or "Tha Blue Carpet Treatment" ?
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2008, 12:08:57 AM »
Blue Carpet Treatment had wwwwaaaaay doper rhymes - Think About It kills any Snoop rapping he's done in a long time, Vato and some other tracks had dope flows and delivery too

Plus much better beats overall, Dre, doper Neptunes... there were some wack tracks too on BCT, but it had good stuff
8)

westside159

« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2008, 10:10:59 AM »
Too many fillers on Blue carpet treatmeant , True hip hop fans know what album is better and EGO TRIPPIN is that shit hands down homie !!!! Luvin this shit

Snoop Dogg best albums

1. Doggystlye
2. Ego Trippin
3. The Last Meal
4. Top Dogg
5. The Doggfather
6. The Blue Carpet Treatment

And the rest i dont really care for . 8)  8)  WESTSIDE 4 LIFE  8) 8)

lost_assassin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2008, 12:18:14 PM »

But overall, Ego Trippin sucks. Let's be honest here.
SNOOP TURNED HIS BACK ON HIS GANGSTA RAP FANS WITH THIS EGO TRIPPIN ALBUM! WHO GAVE HIM THESE ADVICE TO MAKE THIS KIND OF ALBUM

probably his wife
Cowards Only Wanna Act Hard When Its Convenient-Planet Asia(9mm)

marco68

« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2008, 12:23:36 PM »
both are bad

westside159

« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2008, 05:40:13 PM »
both are bad

Both Dope albums but EGO TRIPPIN is better plain & simple .   CLOSE THREAD

D~Nice

« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2008, 09:51:49 PM »
On a side note, Round Here still gets rotation in the ride for me. God damn that track is sick!!!

Skeptic

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2008, 11:02:18 PM »
originally I voted BCT, & whilst I still believe that BCT has some tracks better than majority on ego trippin after bumping ego trippin I reckon its a more cohesive album, either that or I'm just loving it at the moment cause its new haha, just doesn't fall off as much on the last half of the cd as BCT did in my opinion anyways

Sikotic™

« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2008, 11:31:27 PM »
no fucking contest, Blue Carpet Treatment is Snoop's best since Doggystyle

Press Play > Any other track on Blue Carpet Treatment

But overall, Ego Trippin sucks. Let's be honest here.

+1 real talk on all accounts

except... imagine > press play > the rest
I'm one of the few cats that didn't like Imagine. The chemistry just wasn't on that track IMO.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2008, 12:57:31 AM »
ju kra-c monn

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2008, 01:58:49 AM »
God damn that track is sick!!!
i disagree. it's not bad at all, but i didn't like the way Dre build the beat around the sample.

that's why i like stan a lot more, the 45 king did his thing; i like how he flipped the sample.

sav

« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2008, 07:59:46 AM »
On a side note, Round Here still gets rotation in the ride for me. God damn that track is sick!!!

Fuck yeah. Same for "Crazy".

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2008, 09:56:44 AM »
i disagree. it's not bad at all, but i didn't like the way Dre build the beat around the sample.

that's why i like stan a lot more, the 45 king did his thing; i like how he flipped the sample.

imo stan sounds alot more sloppy... but aside from that, letting the full melody play out gives it a different feel. Round Here feels so much darker - chilly, whatever

D~Nice

« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2008, 12:40:05 PM »

Dre added that bassline, and keys and the way Snoop was flowing on it was dope to me. Em's to me is not much more different then Dido's.

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2008, 12:45:31 PM »

Dre added that bassline, and keys and the way Snoop was flowing on it was dope to me. Em's to me is not much more different then Dido's.

I think Stan is obviously the more memorable track simply because of the concept and how that kind of story had not been done before, but Snoop's track sounds better just from a musical point of view, the beat is doper, has better melodies and shit in it and Snoop's voice flows melodically to the beat

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2008, 12:49:04 PM »

I think Stan is obviously the more memorable track simply because of the concept and how that kind of story had not been done before, but Snoop's track sounds better just from a musical point of view, the beat is doper, has better melodies and shit in it and Snoop's voice flows melodically to the beat

well obviously the concept is dope, but i also prefer the beat of stan; it feels much more "complete", while round here was just build around the sample(i'm not saying that's bad in general though).

but i guess we disagree  :P