Author Topic: "BOSS of the city, BOSS of the coast....." - Snoop Dogg  (Read 3196 times)

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
Re: "BOSS of the city, BOSS of the coast....." - Snoop Dogg
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2008, 06:16:40 PM »
Plus like Crooked said, Snoop will always be the head of Long Beach because he put our city on the map. There will always be a spot for him, but he has to let others get up there like Dre & Death Row did for him 15 years ago. 8)
Yo how the F hasnt Snoop let other get up there?  I could go on and on about the artists Snoop has worked with from the LBC.  Hes made countless efforts and still continues to bring new artist and old artist to the table when they dont have shit going on for themselves.  Where the fuck is Soopafly without Snoop?  Bad Azz?  Eastsidaz?  Snoop helped the Doggpound become known to the world, Nate Dogg, Warren G.  Im not saying these artist cant make good music on their own but Snoop definatly puts these guys in the limelight time and time again.  Damn, Soopafly needs to start doing some dope shit on his on and stop relying on Snoop so he can be his backup vocals when hes on tour.  Where are the Doggys Angles without Snoop?  Will the Eastsidaz ever go platinum again without Snoop?  FUCK NO.  Would the 213 album or "Cali Iz Active" have dropped without Snoop?  FUCK NO!  Would Daz have signed to "So-So- Def" without Snoop, prolly the fuck not! 

I could name well over 100 songs of "Snoop Dogg feat. (your fav westcoast artist) but I know damn well I couldnt name 100 or more of "(Your fav. westcoast artist feat. Snoop Dogg)
^I'm not talking about getting them exposed. It could take all day to name all the acts Snoop has brought out himself. What I'm saying is this: another artist from Long Beach (or any other city for that matter) should be able to drop their album without thinking that they'll upset Snoop if they say they're "The Boss" or whatever. Snoop shouldn't even have to say it because right now he is, but he can't be "The Boss" forever. Eventually someone else has to take the torch, & that person "period point blank" is Crooked. Bottom line.
Crooked I's destiny lies in his own hands, not Snoops, my man.  You cant blame anyone else for failure but yourself.
^I can understand this if Crooked had even dropped an album yet and it flopped and he never got any exposure. But since he hasn't dropped any REAL albums yet, he hasn't exactly "failed" as far as being in the music industry.

Crooked has always given props to Bigg Snoop before this whole Snoop interview came out on DUBCNN where he said 'he ain't from Long Beach', 'he can't fuck with Kurupt, RBX, & Bad Azz' when we all know Crooked can in his sleep. He never talked like that about Snoop at all & he's always given big ups to Snoop. It would seem like Snoop would reach out to Crooked as well & include him in his unifying of the West Coast after the Conference, but it seems like it never came to fruition because he ain't 'never really liked cuzz' style' yet he's worked with him plenty of times on his older compilations & even wanted some of Crooked's rhymes to rap with.

crooked can't fukk with Kurupt though
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

We Fly High

« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2008, 06:34:26 PM »
XXL Magazine does not equate to a huge buzz. The two covers he's had: 1. Suge Knight & Death Row 2. Crooked and nine other people. A SOLO cover would be huge... not him sharing the cover with at least 5 other individuals. Don't get me wrong, he gets props for being on the cover, but im arguing that its not equating  to the same buzz that you think he has. A huge buzz is like The Game or Lupe Fiasco appearing on 20 different magazine covers, all solo shots, before their album is even out. thats what a BUZZ is. And XXL kinda lost credibility by putting people like Gorilla Zoe or Lil Boosie on there...

And I don't know where everyone is from, but Crooked has ZERO buzz in California. I work in this field 24/7, and in these past 3 years i've heard Crookeds name maybe twice, and one of those times he was mistaken as Eastwood. He does ZERO shows in Los Angeles. Anyone that lives in LA and goes to shows will know that Crooked can not headline and pack a venue. You guys are saying plenty of people are fucking with him and you guys list Just Blaze and Murder Inc.... who else?

Hip Hop Weekly's are overrated. Any artist can do that. Except most artists are more intelligent, because they are spending their time recording over new production, that will get them new money. Woopty woop, you record one "freestyle" over a recycled beat a week. Big accomplishment. Hes on HHW #50 now... he could've made 50 original tracks instead. but yea anyways, im not even going to get into that. all of y'all know.

you guys believing crooked has big money... dont believe the hype... he wouldn't be doing these random ass $500,$1000/verse features if he had big money.. get your shit straight..
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 06:45:43 PM by We Fly High »

~Lucien~

« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2008, 06:43:06 PM »
Hip Hop Weekly's are overrated.

finally somebody... thank you

messi19

« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2008, 06:48:31 PM »
XXL Magazine does not equate to a huge buzz. The two covers he's had: 1. Suge Knight & Death Row 2. Crooked and nine other people. A SOLO cover would be huge... not him sharing the cover with at least 5 other individuals. Don't get me wrong, he gets props for being on the cover, but im arguing that its not equating  to the same buzz that you think he has. A huge buzz is like The Game or Lupe Fiasco appearing on 20 different magazine covers, all solo shots, before their album is even out. thats what a BUZZ is. And XXL kinda lost credibility by putting people like Gorilla Zoe or Lil Boosie on there...

And I don't know where everyone is from, but Crooked has ZERO buzz in California. I work in this field 24/7, and in these past 3 years i've heard Crookeds name maybe twice, and one of those times he was mistaken as Eastwood. He does ZERO shows in Los Angeles. Anyone that lives in LA and goes to shows will know that Crooked can not headline and pack a venue. You guys are saying plenty of people are fucking with him and you guys list Just Blaze and Murder Inc.... who else?

Hip Hop Weekly's are overrated. Any artist can do that. Except most artists are more intelligent, because they are spending their time recording over new production, that will get them new money. Woopty woop, you record one "freestyle" over a recycled beat a week. Big accomplishment. Hes on HHW #50 now... he could've made 50 original tracks instead. but yea anyways, im not even going to get into that. all of y'all know.

you guys believing crooked has big money... dont believe the hype... he wouldn't be doing these random ass $500,$1000/verse features if he had big money.. get your shit straight..

Dayuum..this nigga took yall back to school.

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2008, 06:50:58 PM »

^They're dope but they're overhyped at times.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 06:53:37 PM by Mista Chill - Fly As I Wanna Be »

~Lucien~

« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2008, 07:08:41 PM »

^They're dope but they're overhyped at times.

well... crooked I is like a god on this forum. dude can rhyme well but that's it.
he's like sly boogy/papoose. he is too lyrical to get a buzz. look what happened to sly boogy!
and the fact that crooked always talkin bout he's a boss. come on! if you're a boss, release an album!
then I'm a boss too ya feel me? I like crooked but come on... dude's overrated like 2pac on this board

BigG

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2008, 09:52:26 PM »

Exactly man.  Crooked really has zero buzz here in California.  Only on the internet he is known.

And thats exactly how i feel about the Hiphop Weekly's.  There nothing big at all.....i think crooked knows this but since their some people that be talking about how they dont need an album they get free freestyles....then crooked probably thinking he aint even got to worry about releasing the album cus the fans he gots are happy wit a freestyle a week.

But thats nothing though....theres rappers be releasing albums montly.  Theres rappers that be releasing Mixtapes monthly also.
Crooked is releasing one verse freestyle over whatever is big at the time and people are praising him.

I dont know about you all, but i like raps that have meaning....these hiphop weeklys have all been the same talking bout how hes a boss an this an that....same thing over somebody elses beat every week...

Man i use to be a crooked fan.....The last song i liked from him was that "my life 2.0".  Those are the types of tracks im looking for from crooked.
That song reminded me why i liked crooked i in the first place.

Crooked had his biggest buzz around October of last year but he didnt take advantage of it and release the album.....now hes back to zero buzz and same old, same old.
Now theres gonna be a new single just like his last single and his single before that and his single before that one.

Whatever becomes of Crooked I's career....Its all on him....he cant blame snoop...Death Row....Labels....He can only blame himself.
http://www.myspace.com/sickeyesbeats

^^Check out my westcoast beats

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2008, 09:55:30 PM »
snoop ain't been shit in over 10 years
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

David Mack

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • $700,000 richer Blood
« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2008, 10:19:49 PM »
it's good to see cali is active shining snoops lil 1 inch balls with his STD infected tongue.

Officer Perez

??? I don't know this guy so fuck you!

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2008, 10:23:06 PM »
It was a tight subliminal and i love Snoop, but Snoop can't fuck with Crooked if they went at it, especially these days.

LMAO @ that

Crooked already cried on the phone to Nima and was BEGGING to signed to KOCH west by Snoop, all after Snoop shitted on him calling him a bench player

Snoop one shot at crooked was better then the 100000000 shots Cooked took at SNoop

LOOOL.

It's not even a shot he aint saying no ones name.  Yall trying too hard to hype beef./  Thats why west coast stay losing, negative muthafuckas

David Mack

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • $700,000 richer Blood
« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2008, 10:36:47 PM »
snoop is a talentless ol geezer whose washed up and whore for the lime light.Sure his shit back in the day was dope and time to time he aight.BUT Does dat nigga write his own shit? No. When he does it's wack Does he produce his own shit? no. Again when he does it's wack. So why all the credit he jus holdin down the talented niggas like Kam n shit to write his shit and he takes all the credit. Boss of the west give me a fucken break snoop was 2pacs bitch dats what i remember him for.

Officer Perez

??? I don't know this guy so fuck you!

Elano

« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2008, 11:26:15 PM »
but Snoop can't fuck with Crooked if they went at it, especially these days.

and WHO CARES ?
Snoop is a rapper/entertainer,crooked i just an mc.
at the end of the day who's the 'winner' ?

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2008, 12:12:35 AM »
Snoop talks about peace amongst the west coast rappers and still he pulls this bullshit. Crooked I is too hard headed to pick up the phone and reach out, so instead he whines about it in every interview. Both parties are acting like immature children from my perspective.

Let's Get Down

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Kane Beatz Movement - The Building Records
« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2008, 12:33:51 AM »
Snoop is way overrated..Does he even write his own shit? ::) He already lost..I only respect him cuz he introduced tha dogg pound...On the other hand, Crooked is killin it right now! can't even compare the two, fa'real..

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2008, 12:39:10 AM »
Lost of bad engery and negativity in this thread. Damn some of yall are really haters.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM