Author Topic: "BOSS of the city, BOSS of the coast....." - Snoop Dogg  (Read 3204 times)

Let's Get Down

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Kane Beatz Movement - The Building Records
Re: "BOSS of the city, BOSS of the coast....." - Snoop Dogg
« Reply #60 on: March 14, 2008, 12:40:25 AM »
snoop is a talentless ol geezer whose washed up and whore for the lime light.Sure his shit back in the day was dope and time to time he aight.BUT Does dat nigga write his own shit? No. When he does it's wack Does he produce his own shit? no. Again when he does it's wack. So why all the credit he jus holdin down the talented niggas like Kam n shit to write his shit and he takes all the credit. Boss of the west give me a fucken break snoop was 2pacs bitch dats what i remember him for.

^i see you

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2008, 01:16:21 AM »
like they said, Murder Inc, Bun B, Just Blaze

plus Crooked was on the cover of the XXL..

dont matter- i like crooked but he aint done shit and it isnt promissing he will be doing shit

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2008, 01:50:56 AM »
I'm a fan of both artists but why should we as fans be forced to take sides in something that has absolutely nothing to do with us personally?  Unless you're on either of their payrolls, then keep it moving and enjoy the music.  Let Snoop & Crook sort out their business for themselves.  Because by trying to inherit their beefs and acting like you really know each of their business and bickering about who can claim BOSS and who has a major label deal and who flosses what is completely ignorant and out of touch with their own reality.  You're behind a computer screen for fucks sake. 

This thread is fuming with estrogen-laced panty rage.  Pull the bloody tampons from ya cooch and man the fuck up.  Kill your caveman mentality and enjoy the music.

This is why the West stay taking "L's".  The fans killed it, not the artists.

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2008, 02:03:23 AM »
I'm a fan of both artists but why should we as fans be forced to take sides in something that has absolutely nothing to do with us personally?  Unless you're on either of their payrolls, then keep it moving and enjoy the music.  Let Snoop & Crook sort out their business for themselves.  Because by trying to inherit their beefs and acting like you really know each of their business and bickering about who can claim BOSS and who has a major label deal and who flosses what is completely ignorant and out of touch with their own reality.  You're behind a computer screen for fucks sake. 

This thread is fuming with estrogen-laced panty rage.  Pull the bloody tampons from ya cooch and man the fuck up.  Kill your caveman mentality and enjoy the music.

Great post.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

drakeshakenbake

« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2008, 02:36:42 AM »

on point!

Monotone

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #65 on: March 14, 2008, 05:55:37 AM »
Snoop doesnt write his lyrics, somebody else wrote that subliminal so how can crooked lose?

messi19

« Reply #66 on: March 14, 2008, 07:10:55 AM »

Co-sign, but these days people feel like this is what they have to do. Just like at Game/50, Nas/Jay, Pac/BIG..people still takes sides over Pac and Big SMH

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #67 on: March 14, 2008, 08:06:07 AM »
Hip Hop Weekly's are overrated.

finally somebody... thank you
^They're dope but they're overhyped at times.

well... crooked I is like a god on this forum. dude can rhyme well but that's it.
he's like sly boogy/papoose. he is too lyrical to get a buzz. look what happened to sly boogy!
and the fact that crooked always talkin bout he's a boss. come on! if you're a boss, release an album!
then I'm a boss too ya feel me? I like crooked but come on... dude's overrated like 2pac on this board

you got a point about the attitude of some people when it comes to Crooked, but you do the same with Ego trippin'

really, if you want it to change, how about you start with it yourself?

midwestryder

« Reply #68 on: March 14, 2008, 09:20:41 AM »
Hip Hop Weekly's are overrated.

finally somebody... thank you
^They're dope but they're overhyped at times.

well... crooked I is like a god on this forum. dude can rhyme well but that's it.
he's like sly boogy/papoose. he is too lyrical to get a buzz. look what happened to sly boogy!
and the fact that crooked always talkin bout he's a boss. come on! if you're a boss, release an album!
then I'm a boss too ya feel me? I like crooked but come on... dude's overrated like 2pac on this board
2pac is not overrated & never will be . all new school artists today are overrated. 2pac is one of the greatest & nobody will ever compare to him .

midwestryder

« Reply #69 on: March 14, 2008, 09:30:20 AM »
snoop is a talentless ol geezer whose washed up and whore for the lime light.Sure his shit back in the day was dope and time to time he aight.BUT Does dat nigga write his own shit? No. When he does it's wack Does he produce his own shit? no. Again when he does it's wack. So why all the credit he jus holdin down the talented niggas like Kam n shit to write his shit and he takes all the credit. Boss of the west give me a fucken break snoop was 2pacs bitch dats what i remember him for.
snoop for one is not even close to being a talentless ol geezer whose washed up and whore for the lime light,youngster.. snoop was never 2pac's bitch,youngster .that is most ignorant shit i ever heard .Snoop is the boss of west coast right know . Snoop dogg & ice cube were the only people keeping west coast alive for a while.do you even know what a boss means. it means to be at top of your game. Snoop is on top of west coast.. snoop is not a talentless ol geezer , youngster . snoop grew up like you need to & started acting his age . you can't act or be a gangsta for all your life . you have to grown up & get your grown man on.. the older you get the more you got back to your roots as child & you become more old school . snoop dogg has more talent then you have in one of you fingers or your favorite artists..

westside159

« Reply #70 on: March 14, 2008, 11:17:15 AM »
Naw hes making Corny ass Rick Ross look stupid , Snoop is the first BOSS !!!!! 8) 8)

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #71 on: March 14, 2008, 11:37:00 AM »
Give Props Diss Em!

« Reply #46 on: Yesterday at 05:34:26 PM »  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
XXL Magazine does not equate to a huge buzz. The two covers he's had: 1. Suge Knight & Death Row 2. Crooked and nine other people. A SOLO cover would be huge... not him sharing the cover with at least 5 other individuals. Don't get me wrong, he gets props for being on the cover, but im arguing that its not equating  to the same buzz that you think he has. A huge buzz is like The Game or Lupe Fiasco appearing on 20 different magazine covers, all solo shots, before their album is even out. thats what a BUZZ is. And XXL kinda lost credibility by putting people like Gorilla Zoe or Lil Boosie on there...

And I don't know where everyone is from, but Crooked has ZERO buzz in California. I work in this field 24/7, and in these past 3 years i've heard Crookeds name maybe twice, and one of those times he was mistaken as Eastwood. He does ZERO shows in Los Angeles. Anyone that lives in LA and goes to shows will know that Crooked can not headline and pack a venue. You guys are saying plenty of people are fucking with him and you guys list Just Blaze and Murder Inc.... who else?

Hip Hop Weekly's are overrated. Any artist can do that. Except most artists are more intelligent, because they are spending their time recording over new production, that will get them new money. Woopty woop, you record one "freestyle" over a recycled beat a week. Big accomplishment. Hes on HHW #50 now... he could've made 50 original tracks instead. but yea anyways, im not even going to get into that. all of y'all know.

you guys believing crooked has big money... dont believe the hype...    

^^^^^

Crooked i came in on XXL as a feature as the next talent to blow up with several guys, the hip hop weeklies landed him that spot not only did he appear on the cover but they also did a write up on him

0 buzz?? you ask people who really know about hip hop and west coast hip hop and you ask them to name you there top 5 lyricists out the west and crookeds name always comes up.. everyone on the west producer/artist who puts in work at proffesional recording studios knows who crooked i is..... i dont know who youve been talking to some white people in suits and a tie of course they wont know crook they'll know snoop dog for sure  
crooked i ghost writes for alot of people... hes even ghost wrote for kurupt but he networks with murder inc, just blaze, joell ortiz, lil flip, bun b

hip hop weeklies have brought him major publicity go to hip hop dx.com they have a mixture of Eastcoast/west/south/midwest fans and they LOVE crooked i because of this hip hop weekly series its gained him noterity first of its kind and major respect from rap fans across the country.. its opened countless new doors now u have people like "camino" contacting crooked for a verse

i dont think he could afford a bently on 20+ inch rims if he was broke or a house in southern cali for that manner.. dude is ballin your saying 500-1000$ a verse? is that an exact figure?? and even if it was 1000$ a verse imagine 50 hip hop weekly verses thats 50,000$ in your pocket easily

bigboy805

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #72 on: March 14, 2008, 11:53:04 AM »
I dont even think this is a fair comparison, Crooked I to Snoop? SNOOP? Doggystyle snoop? Amerikas Most wanted with 2pac SNOOP? Common now, i have never heard a Crooked I song on any radio station EVER. End of subject.

We Fly High

« Reply #73 on: March 14, 2008, 11:53:43 AM »
Crooked i came in on XXL as a feature as the next talent to blow up with several guys, the hip hop weeklies landed him that spot not only did he appear on the cover but they also did a write up on him

0 buzz?? you ask people who really know about hip hop and west coast hip hop and you ask them to name you there top 5 lyricists out the west and crookeds name always comes up.. everyone on the west producer/artist who puts in work at proffesional recording studios knows who crooked i is..... i dont know who youve been talking to some white people in suits and a tie of course they wont know crook they'll know snoop dog for sure  
crooked i ghost writes for alot of people... hes even ghost wrote for kurupt but he networks with murder inc, just blaze, joell ortiz, lil flip, bun b

hip hop weeklies have brought him major publicity go to hip hop dx.com they have a mixture of Eastcoast/west/south/midwest fans and they LOVE crooked i because of this hip hop weekly series its gained him noterity first of its kind and major respect from rap fans across the country.. its opened countless new doors now u have people like "camino" contacting crooked for a verse

i dont think he could afford a bently on 20+ inch rims if he was broke or a house in southern cali for that manner.. dude is ballin your saying 500-1000$ a verse? is that an exact figure?? and even if it was 1000$ a verse imagine 50 hip hop weekly verses thats 50,000$ in your pocket easily

dude 1 write up on XXL aint going to do shit homie. Like I said earlier, The Game and Lupe Fiasco appeared on 20 different magazine covers, with 20 different interviews before their albums were even out. THATS A BUZZ. If that XXL write up was so great, where is Crooked now? Still in the same space he was before the magazine came out.

I and everyone else knows he can rap. I aint denying that. BUT THATS BESIDES THE POINT. rapping well and lyrics aint going to get you to the top. He's lacking the complete package and presentation.

and dont get it twsited, im not knocking anyone for liking Crooked I's music, everyones entitled to their own taste and opinion. However, I do not share the belief that he is a a BOSS, and that hes big bossin it up.

ok he networks with Murder Inc (a dead record label), joell ortiz (hes cool, but hes not going to be big anytime soon), lil flip (WHO?)... Bun and Just, thats cool... but that aint a network at all homie.. thats knowing 5 individuals.

Yeah, Zero Buzz. Thats what i said. I work with west coast artists and producers all day in LA. yeah they may know of crooked i, but aint no one bringing up his name.

ok, its opened countless new doors: exposure on hiphopdx and Camino contacting him for a verse. WOW.

yeah 50 verses at $1,000 gets you $50,000. but try finding the 50 people who will pay $1,000.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 12:58:05 PM by We Fly High »

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #74 on: March 14, 2008, 02:10:53 PM »
Bo$$ of the City, Bo$$ of the Coast
Some other niggaz tried but none of 'em come close
They stuck lookin' silly, but nothin' like a loc
The Bigg Bow Wow, I kill it with one stroke

-Neva Have to Worry

Snoop stay making Crooked look stupid

^^^ arent you the same cat who says crooked i is a bitch for throwing subliminals at snoop and not saying SNOOP DOGGS NAME 

BUT WHEN SNOOP THROWS A SUBLIMINAL, YOUR PANTYS ARE ALL SOAKEN WET

PLZ USE A SPATULA TO GET SNOOP NUTS OUT YOUR MOUTH