Author Topic: "I Fought That Case/Wonder Where The West Would Be If I'da Lost That Case/"  (Read 300 times)

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Let's keep it real here.

Where would the West be if Snoop would have lost that case?

Would that have had any weight in Pac's decision to come to Death Row in the 1st place, or do you think he just wanted out of jail and that was his only option, period?

We may have never been introduced to many greats such as Kurupt, Daz, Nate Dogg, Soopafly, Tha Eastsidaz, etc, etc.

"The Chronic" would've been a totally different album.

No "Doggystyle".

No "Dogg Food".

No "Murder Was The Case" OST.

No lead single of "2 Of America's Most Wanted" from "All Eyez On Me".

Would the West's reign in the early-mid 90's have been as successful as it was in reality?

What's everyone's full opinion about this?

PLANT

Well I thought Snoop wasnt acquited till 95/96?  So The Chronic and Doggystyle were already completed and released by that time.  But the west would definatly be way different, if Snoop had "lost that case"......

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Well I thought Snoop wasnt acquited till 95/96?  So The Chronic and Doggystyle were already completed and released by that time.  But the west would definatly be way different, if Snoop had "lost that case"......
Damn I really should've known that, but my mind was in a different place I guess lol.

That's true, we would have had those couple classics, but I can still see the West being MUCH different.....even the hip-hop game as a whole being much different.

stephen619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Pound, We Roll Thick Like One-Time
Maybe Pac might still be alive and be the King of the West, but who knows.
I think the West would have still been on top and when Snoop got out..........back on top. 
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 07:54:49 PM by stephen619 »

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Damn I really should've known that, but my mind was in a different place I guess lol.

That's true, we would have had those couple classics, but I can still see the West being MUCH different.....even the hip-hop game as a whole being much different.

well snoop definately was a big star on death row, so it probably would have hurt their sales if he lost the case.

perhaps gangster rap would have "died" ever faster.
but i think you're a bit overrating Snoop's influence in "hiphop"; i mean jailtime could influence his choices, but i think he would have given other rappers a chance to shine anyway. besides, he did win the case, but gangster rap "died" in 1996 so i don't see how hiphop would be "much" different as a whole if he had lost the case.

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
I just wonder if Pac would have still signed to Tha Row.  He'd probably be alive if he didn't sign.