Author Topic: Thank you Dr. Jeremiah Wright!!!!!  (Read 904 times)

Plague

• Lil Geezy
Re: Thank you Dr. Jeremiah Wright!!!!!
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2008, 05:54:23 PM »
What he said isn't a problem unless youre dumb enough to take that shit seriously. Its just someone who has views that can be out of the ordinary to some people. I'm sure theres lots of other preachers that are worse than that. It doesn't mean Obama has the exact same views as him.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2008, 08:00:57 PM »
When people focus on trivial matters like this, its always due to fear. Republicans were dying to find something negative to try and latch on to because they recognize a threat to their power. They always do this, it isnt a surprise. Its to be expected with insecurity.

It is not trivial if someone running for president is closely associated with a pastor who holds crazy political viewpoints. Especially since Obama's wife has already made some questionable statements regarding America.

What did he say that was so crazy/radical/racist/outlandish/distorted/extreme? I didn't hear anything on the clip thats floating around that I could call any of those things.

He said America created the AIDS virus, America was behind 9/11, God damn America, etc

actual quotes, not your own personal paraphrasing please...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/hZ38N8OUg3Q&amp;hl=en" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/hZ38N8OUg3Q&amp;hl=en</a>

Ok, I just watched again and I still don't see what the problem is with any of what he said. I didn't hear him say anything that wasn't true.

He compared Hiroshima and Nagasaki to 9/11. The other shit he said is peanuts after a comment like that. Who in their right mind would even remotely link the two, let alone imply we deserved 9/11? Only a mentally deficient person would say some bullshit like that. Everything else he said can be attributed to P.O.M.E. and taken with a grain of salt.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2008, 01:02:26 PM »
When people focus on trivial matters like this, its always due to fear. Republicans were dying to find something negative to try and latch on to because they recognize a threat to their power. They always do this, it isnt a surprise. Its to be expected with insecurity.

It is not trivial if someone running for president is closely associated with a pastor who holds crazy political viewpoints. Especially since Obama's wife has already made some questionable statements regarding America.

What did he say that was so crazy/radical/racist/outlandish/distorted/extreme? I didn't hear anything on the clip thats floating around that I could call any of those things.

He said America created the AIDS virus, America was behind 9/11, God damn America, etc

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/hZ38N8OUg3Q&amp;hl=en" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/hZ38N8OUg3Q&amp;hl=en</a>

Ok, I just watched again and I still don't see what the problem is with any of what he said. I didn't hear him say anything that wasn't true.

He compared Hiroshima and Nagasaki to 9/11. The other shit he said is peanuts after a comment like that. Who in their right mind would even remotely link the two, let alone imply we deserved 9/11? Only a mentally deficient person would say some bullshit like that. Everything else he said can be attributed to P.O.M.E. and taken with a grain of salt.

LOL if you cant see the parallels between 9-11 and Hiroshima/Nagasaki I can't help you. As far as thinking America had 9-11 coming, Wright is FAR from alone in that idea. Get over this shit. If you don't like Obama then thats fine but stop blowing this guy's very uncontroversial words out of proportion and  stop distorting them to make it out to be something it isn't.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2008, 01:28:50 PM »

LOL if you cant see the parallels between 9-11 and Hiroshima/Nagasaki I can't help you. As far as thinking America had 9-11 coming, Wright is FAR from alone in that idea. Get over this shit. If you don't like Obama then thats fine but stop blowing this guy's very uncontroversial words out of proportion and  stop distorting them to make it out to be something it isn't.

While the nukes dropped in Japan killed thousands of people, they easily saved MILLIONS more. There are no parallels, no gray area, nothing. Dropping nukes to end WWII was inevitable and necessary. 9/11 was an attack on innocent, unsuspecting people, who had absolutely nothing to do with the injustices inflicted by the American government. And if you can't see that, then you are one of the mentally deficient I referred to earlier. I'm not distorting anything. He is the one who said it clear as day. That is the only problem I had with any of Wright's comments. Everything else he said might be misconstrued by sensitive tight asses, but I have heard far worse, so it doesn't really bother me.

Frankly, I have no problem with Obama. He seems like a decent human being. While I don't share the same political views as him, I would much rather have him in office than that crazy nutjob Hillary any day.

Smoke Break

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2008, 01:54:16 PM »
When Wright was going off on the 9/11 shit he was actually just quoting a guy that was on Fox news, I think it was an ambassador but I can't remember right now. Regardless of the trickology being used against him via edited and out of context tapes, we should all say fuck him for being a bigot. Obama actually gets a big fuck you this week for the "typical white person" comment too(and calling for change while being the party establishment candidate, that takes some fuckin balls) but he'll still get my vote because all the candidates are weak.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2008, 08:04:28 PM »

While the nukes dropped in Japan killed thousands of people, they easily saved MILLIONS more. There are no parallels, no gray area, nothing. Dropping nukes to end WWII was inevitable and necessary. 9/11 was an attack on innocent, unsuspecting people, who had absolutely nothing to do with the injustices inflicted by the American government. And if you can't see that, then you are one of the mentally deficient I referred to earlier. I'm not distorting anything. He is the one who said it clear as day. That is the only problem I had with any of Wright's comments. Everything else he said might be misconstrued by sensitive tight asses, but I have heard far worse, so it doesn't really bother me.

Frankly, I have no problem with Obama. He seems like a decent human being. While I don't share the same political views as him, I would much rather have him in office than that crazy nutjob Hillary any day.

LOL Great! Now you're trying to justify US terrorism under the guise of "saving millions of lives."  I suppose you're going to tell me that no "innocent, unsuspecting people who had nothing to do with" the bombing of Pearl Harbor died right? Your claim that it saved millions of lives is unsubstantiated speculation based on nothing in particular. The USA KNEW it was attacking innocent civilians and went ahead with the operation anyway. Sounds a lot like terrorism to me.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2008, 08:37:13 PM »

LOL Great! Now you're trying to justify US terrorism under the guise of "saving millions of lives."  I suppose you're going to tell me that no "innocent, unsuspecting people who had nothing to do with" the bombing of Pearl Harbor died right? Your claim that it saved millions of lives is unsubstantiated speculation based on nothing in particular. The USA KNEW it was attacking innocent civilians and went ahead with the operation anyway. Sounds a lot like terrorism to me.

US terrorism my ass. If the US hadn't have conceived a nuclear device first, you know damn well the Nazi's would have no problem dropping several on it's enemies killing more than just a few thousand. Where would you be if the Nazi's ruled the world? It didn't just save millions, it probably saved billions factoring in future generations. If you are anything but Catholic caucasian, you would be dead just the same as the Jews in the concentration camps, perhaps not even born. So you can take solice in your beliefs while the rest of us live in reality. The Japanese wanted to keep fighting, but the Emperor was smart and decided not to keep sacrificing his troops for a dictator that was just going to overthrow them anyways. I don't think you know how deep WWII really was. It wasn't just the allies against the Nazis. It encompassed North Africa as well as the Middle East as well (Hitler was going for diamonds and oil for those of you who are slow). WWII literally means a WORLD WAR. There was far more at stake than just a few thousand of Japanese lives that were taken with nukes, whether or not they had anything to do with Pearl Harbor. It was a time of war. 9/11 didn't occur during a time of war. If you can't see the difference, then you need to stop talking about politics because your argument is asinine and it makes you sound really dumb.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2008, 02:35:28 PM »

US terrorism my ass. If the US hadn't have conceived a nuclear device first, you know damn well the Nazi's would have no problem dropping several on it's enemies killing more than just a few thousand. Where would you be if the Nazi's ruled the world? It didn't just save millions, it probably saved billions factoring in future generations. If you are anything but Catholic caucasian, you would be dead just the same as the Jews in the concentration camps, perhaps not even born. So you can take solice in your beliefs while the rest of us live in reality. The Japanese wanted to keep fighting, but the Emperor was smart and decided not to keep sacrificing his troops for a dictator that was just going to overthrow them anyways. I don't think you know how deep WWII really was. It wasn't just the allies against the Nazis. It encompassed North Africa as well as the Middle East as well (Hitler was going for diamonds and oil for those of you who are slow). WWII literally means a WORLD WAR. There was far more at stake than just a few thousand of Japanese lives that were taken with nukes, whether or not they had anything to do with Pearl Harbor. It was a time of war. 9/11 didn't occur during a time of war. If you can't see the difference, then you need to stop talking about politics because your argument is asinine and it makes you sound really dumb.

So are you now saying that killing thousands upon thousands of innocent civilians is not terrorism but its terrorism only when thousands of innocent American lives are lost? I never said 9-11 and Hiroshima/Nagasaki were exactly the same, but there are similarities (thousands of innocent people murdered for instance). I don't "understand how deep wwII was? LMAO get the fuck outta here. Anybody who has been through a junior college history 101 class understands that. This thread is not about the seriousness of WWII. I get that 9-11 was not during war time, but you're missing the point. Why were innocent people targeted and not military facilities?

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2008, 05:07:40 PM »
^^

The bombs killed as many as 140,000 people in Hiroshima and 80,000 in Nagasaki by the end of 1945,[2] roughly half on the days of the bombings. Since then, thousands more have died from injuries or illness attributed to exposure to radiation released by the bombs.[1] In both cities, the overwhelming majority of the dead were civilians.

Aside from the 19 hijackers, 2,974 people died as an immediate result of the attacks, and the death of at least one person from lung disease was ruled by a medical examiner to be a result of exposure to WTC dust.[5] Another 24 people are missing and presumed dead, bringing the total number of victims to 2,998

not really engaging in your discussion, just saying it's a different league in those terms. I do see this is not the point you're trying to make, still, considering the vast difference in level of devestation, I find it hard to compare those things on any scale
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 05:09:33 PM by Kill »

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2008, 07:32:54 PM »
did my response to Real American get deleted?? hmm
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2008, 10:44:01 AM »
I don't think Real American can delete posts and 7even who can do so is not exactly his buddy...Real American just won't give sensible replies when he's overchallenged

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2008, 03:41:19 PM »
I don't think Real American can delete posts and 7even who can do so is not exactly his buddy...Real American just won't give sensible replies when he's overchallenged

oh I know about Real American over the years man. Anyways, fuckit....i lost interest in this lol
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"