Author Topic: Young Buck Talks About Jimmy Iovine, Interscope & G-Unit  (Read 280 times)

Damien J.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Young Buck Talks About Jimmy Iovine, Interscope & G-Unit
« on: March 17, 2008, 09:39:12 AM »
Yo! Raps (www.yoraps.com) recently caught up with the "Product of the South" Young Buck to talk about what he really feels about Jimmy Iovine, Interscope, and G-Unit.

As you already know you heard the rumors of Young Buck leaving G-Unit. Whatever the case maybe one main point that Young Buck expressed is the relationship with him and 50 Cent is not strong as it used to be. He strongly admits that he never received a royalty check as long as he’s been signed with G-Unit!

Young Buck told Yo! Raps what the toughest thing is to get right back on the grind after he dropped his last album and what the problem is when he´s dealing with Interscope and Jimmy Iovine.

"This last project I actually had the chance to deal with Jimmy Iovine a little more than I ever have in my career, but it’s stress for me dealing with them people over there. Expressing that part of things my relationship is as strong as 50 Cent allows it to be at Interscope. If it don’t work I look at it as if it’s all my fault, I don’t even put the blame on nobody. If the shit don’t work it’s Buck’s fault, I take the licking and keep on moving you know," Buck said.

Buck continues to talk about that he doesn´t get the respect he deserves from Interscope and G-Unit.

"I respect Jimmy Iovine to the upmost, but I think sometimes you got a blessing in disguise. I think he needs to pay a little bit more attention to Young Buck I would say that much. Give me a little more focus as far as his artist, give me the budget that sold those millions of records if you want to see the feedback. It’s like that with me in the streets, I feel like the streets feel I don’t get what I deserve from Interscope or G-Unit. At the end of the day I don’t feed off of what the streets feel, but I am aware of the way they feel."

In addition, the G-Unit rapper reveals that he never received royalty check since he is signed with G-Unit!

"A lot of times a lot of artists don’t recoup off of albums so a lot of times they never get to see the backend from that project. I’m the only artist on G-Unit that ever recouped off of an album meaning I went off on this "Buck The World" project not owing Interscope and G-Unit shit, I can say that much. I’m still waiting on a royalty check period, I never seen a royalty check since I’ve been signed with G-Unit. So hell yeah I’ll tell you one damn thing the show money is that good. I’ve never in my career cashed a royalty check, how you like that? Put that one in big black letters n*gga!

When asked about the true kings of the South, Buck revealed his admiration for Scarface and UGK.

"... I look at Scarface as the king of the South. He represented the South with the up most respect as well as Pimp C and Bun B. I look at them as real true kings of the South man. When it comes to the South you can’t never say nothing without saying Scarface and UGK. We take our hats off to them n*ggas."

Buck is currently working on his third solo album "Product Of The South" which will hit stores later this year. The first single of this album is "Driving Down The Freeway" and was released earlier this month. Guest appearances are to include 50 Cent, G-Unit, Young Jeezy, The Outlawz, C-Bo, 615, Plies, Devin The Dude, Brotha Lynch Hung, and others.

Source: www.yoraps.com
Yo! Raps - The Game Belongs To Us | www.yoraps.com

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Can I Live Simply,So That Others can Simply Live..
Re: Young Buck Talks About Jimmy Iovine, Interscope & G-Unit
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 09:45:05 AM »
That's pretty messed up, if that's True!!!
Could be tough Love??..i doubt it..
It ain't happenin, Bibles I'm still packin them
And jackin demons wit them 44 magnums" T-Bone

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 10:19:39 AM »
It's all a publicity stunt. He was saying the same things last year before Buck The World dropped and he's doing it now before that compilation drops. He was just all over the G-Unit mixtape so you know how fake is this.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 07:53:26 PM »
FUCK JIMMY IOVINE!

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 09:03:27 PM »
"Product Of The South coming later this year"? Didnt Buck do like 10 interviews a few weeks ago saying its dropping April 1st? Wtf!!!

Big_Ron

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008, 09:07:17 PM »
Honestly, Buck would be alot better of if he was to sign with Rap-A-Lot.

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2008, 11:39:55 PM »
Honestly, Buck would be alot better of if he was to sign with Rap-A-Lot.

WHy? So he doesnt get any promotion at all?
Look at all the people leaving like yukmouth and devin the dude

they cant promote albums for shit