Author Topic: [HDD] ALBUM SALES - RICK ROSS TAKING THE LEAD - SNOOP FLOPS BAD!  (Read 481 times)

LongBeachsFinest

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mafia, Get it? Got it? Good!
NOTE: THIS IS A BUILDING ALBUM SALES CHART - NOT FINAL NUMBERS!

NOW IN: 72.62%

LW TW artist / album label power index
-- 1 NOW 27 SBMG/COMMERICAL MUSIC GRP 137,048
VARIOUS ARTISTS
-- 2 RICK ROSS DEF JAM/IDJMG 127,888
TRILLA

-- 3 SNOOP DOGG GEFFEN 80,617
EGO TRIPPIN'

1 4 ALAN JACKSON ARISTA NASHVILLE 40,194
GOOD TIME
2 5 JACK JOHNSON BRUSHFIRE/UNIV REPUBLIC 33,667
SLEEP THROUGH THE STATIC
-- 6 FAT JOE VIRGIN 33,177
ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM

-- 7 NOW 80'S SBMG/COMMERICAL MUSIC GRP 29,821
VARIOUS ARTISTS
8 8 SARA BAREILLES EPIC 29,802
LITTLE VOICE
-- 9 HANNAH MONTANA WALT DISNEY RECORDS 26,869
BEST OF BOTH WORLDS CONCERT
4 10 MICHAEL JACKSON LEGACY 25,346
THRILLER - 25TH ANNIVERSARY ED.
10 11 TAYLOR SWIFT BIG MACHINE 25,230
TAYLOR SWIFT

SNOOP HAD A TOP 10 HIT AND YET GEFFEN STILL CANT MAKE HIM BUBBLE?? I THINK HE WOULD BE BETTER OF AT DEF JAM... SNOOPS HAD LITTLE PROMO.

"i was ultimate warrior to you bully ass niggas, i will come through the hood with the fully ask niggas"

OchoCinco

Re: [HDD] ALBUM SALES - RICK ROSS TAKING THE LEAD - SNOOP FLOPS BAD!
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 02:16:45 PM »
yea that was a mtv hit tho...i think most ppl that like rap dropped that album wen they herd that shit...that was a bad move imo...i was prob gunna pick that album up until i herd that shit

messi19

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 02:24:13 PM »
Geffen is basically artists that they dont promote a lot. Remember how Game had to do his own promotion with Jimmy Henchman cuz Geffen didn't do shit. Snoop barely had any promotion. Eve? etc etc.

kalliweed

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 02:27:56 PM »
I dont think they promote the album either but this is the worst first week sales for snoop plus he release "life of da party" for second single which i think was a bad move...

another note i think snoop kept dissappointing his fans so they just give up on him...

~Lucien~

LongBeachsFinest

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mafia, Get it? Got it? Good!

"i was ultimate warrior to you bully ass niggas, i will come through the hood with the fully ask niggas"

snopafly

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2008, 03:07:50 PM »
hmm yeah its kind of bad , but what to blame . record sales are going down quik + if this album was realeased in nov- dec he would have got the christmas sales in + this month calm period in sales.. Rick ross sold more , cause its his 2nd album damn its snoops nine!.. First week big sales dont mean everything , timbaland vent plat with steady sales and sold alot in the world. Timbaland did 138,000  copies first week .. Snoop just need to do steady sales every week and get more singles out, ego trippin have alot of singles in....

messi19

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2008, 03:11:04 PM »
hmm yeah its kind of bad , but what to blame . record sales are going down quik + if this album was realeased in nov- dec he would have got the christmas sales in + this month calm period in sales.. Rick ross sold more , cause its his 2nd album damn its snoops nine!.. First week big sales dont mean everything , timbaland vent plat with steady sales and sold alot in the world. Timbaland did 138,000  copies first week .. Snoop just need to do steady sales every week and get more singles out, ego trippin have alot of singles in....

To be honest i think i agree with dude above, i just think most of his were like "Aw man, fuck that im not coppin". N i think Sexual Eruption was a BAD first single because like i said a single/track from a new album sorta lets you know how the album is gonna sound like so they probably heard that and said fuck it.

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2008, 03:21:52 PM »

To be honest i think i agree with dude above, i just think most of his were like "Aw man, fuck that im not coppin". N i think Sexual Eruption was a BAD first single because like i said a single/track from a new album sorta lets you know how the album is gonna sound like so they probably heard that and said fuck it.

Yeah, the people who bought the single probably weren't hiphop fans and probably won't want to cop a whole album of Snoop Dogg if they only like the single, and conversely, hiphop fans won't have being digging the single too much, so won't pick up the album

I think a lot of Snoop's hardcore fanbase are waiting for another Doggystyle, and so if he seems to be coming closer to it, like on TBCT, Paid The Cost, even R&G had several hard tracks on it, then the hardcore fans buy it, but if they hear a single like Sensual Seduction well then you know straight away this is definitely not even going to be close to another Doggystyle and he loses out on a whole bunch of his fanbase who are tired of waiting for him to do it on that level again

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2008, 04:07:58 PM »
you are smart, the timbaland and fergie albums showed you that,it's not just about first week sales,if you got good songs you can keep up'n your sales through out, you just got to keep comming up with fresh new singles from the album,cause if you don't have them sales from the start,it could mean people didn't checc it out initially. they'll picc up on it, plus rappers need to stop killing they sales by put'n out new mixtapes during there real album's run!!! that shit is stupid,why fucc up your real money just to try to tell the streets you still with em? do a couple of ill features on others mixtapes and projects and it will make people say hey maybe i need to checc out his REAL ALBUM!!!,i swear cats need to study fergie,cause her people behind that album drop new singles and make it seem like she got a new album out and people go and rush and get it,you got to make em fiend fo yo shit, HELL SNOOPS BUZZ NOW IS BOUT TO GO TO GAME NOW. so his next single has got to be big and give him another look yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

snopafly

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2008, 04:17:27 PM »
you are smart, the timbaland and fergie albums showed you that,it's not just about first week sales,if you got good songs you can keep up'n your sales through out, you just got to keep comming up with fresh new singles from the album,cause if you don't have them sales from the start,it could mean people didn't checc it out initially. they'll picc up on it, plus rappers need to stop killing they sales by put'n out new mixtapes during there real album's run!!! that shit is stupid,why fucc up your real money just to try to tell the streets you still with em? do a couple of ill features on others mixtapes and projects and it will make people say hey maybe i need to checc out his REAL ALBUM!!!,i swear cats need to study fergie,cause her people behind that album drop new singles and make it seem like she got a new album out and people go and rush and get it,you got to make em fiend fo yo shit, HELL SNOOPS BUZZ NOW IS BOUT TO GO TO GAME NOW. so his next single has got to be big and give him another look yell

yeah there is also a big problem with rappers some got good numbers the first week, but then they are burning down their sales. Nas " hiphop is dead" sold pretty well first week but the albums sales burned out pretty fast.. Yeah rick ross semms like he had good first week sales , but i think his sales are gonna decline fast.. plise did 80000 first week but have sold 500000, then snoop can go gold also..

arthurnelson88

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • RIP Buster
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2008, 06:41:14 PM »
We're in a RECESSION and downloading music is TOO easy- this shit is expected.  even BB King or Michael Jackson doesnt even go platinum nowadays and they have BILLIONS of fans
I only fuck with 10's

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2008, 07:25:31 PM »
We're in a RECESSION and downloading music is TOO easy- this shit is expected.  even BB King or Michael Jackson doesnt even go platinum nowadays and they have BILLIONS of fans

think again ^

mj went plat in 4 weeks with a rerelease. if anyone can go diamond again, its him.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2008, 08:25:06 PM »
Life of the Party was a PATHETIC choice for the second single

SD is Out would have blown the fukk up
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2008, 11:08:45 PM »
Life of the Party was a PATHETIC choice for the second single

SD is Out would have blown the fukk up

yep!