Author Topic: Who here goes to the gym consistently?  (Read 649 times)

Sikotic™

Re: Who here goes to the gym consistently?
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2008, 07:28:51 PM »
You wanna stay motivated? Go to the gym with a girl. I've been doing that for a month and I haven't missed a day in the gym since.....except for this week because I'm on Spring Break and I'm gonna get my drank and junk food on.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

CoreG37

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2008, 08:56:40 PM »
I go 6 days a week and the one thing that has started to piss me off lately is how shitty it looks now.  Like a month ago shit was cool and the weights were always re-racked after usage but now I noticed that there's new employees and they just don't keep shit clean like they previously did, theres always plates lying around and sometimes I can't find certain dumbbells

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2008, 09:43:23 PM »
motivation... TAKE YOUR IPOD thats my heart beat when im in the gym.. if my ipod stops working or battery dies.. im out that bitch you know u gotta put in some dope ass songs in there that get you hyped...

i go about 3-4 times a week , you can find motivation in doing strength training.. set goals when your at the gym try to push your self to limits and beyond like if your max bench press is 225, try to get it up 5 times thats the idea..

another motivational tool is stuff thats been botherin you in your life use that as fuel and take it out on those weights

not only are you relieving stress but you are lowering your blood pressure rate, and cholesterol all at the same time and you feel a certain euphoria a high when you walk out the gym one of the best feelings in the world dawg! come out feelin great

whats your body type are you fat?? if your fat, itll be easy to pack on muscle shits so decieving alotta fat guys just do light weight and they get big muscles yet are fucking weaklings but its the look that counts Lol so u could front like that bro if u wanted

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2008, 10:04:25 PM »
the funny shit is ive been doing it for about 3 months now and havent really gained a lot of weight, but I have gotten alot stronger and more cut

acgrundy

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2008, 10:11:10 PM »
well its not for everybody...a majority of the us population wouldn't be obese if going to the gym was easy.  just find out what motivates you.  why do you go to the gym?  set goals for yourself, and work towards the goals.  I think it is pretty motivating when I hit my goals.  Its always nice to put up a new amount of weight.  motivating to walk around knowing that I'm not a fat ass or a pussy.  I personally don't really enjoy working out too much, or doing cardio, but I do enjoy the effects of it, and that is what motivates me.  also I am a routine person, I get in routines, and that is just how it is, I just get used to it.

Sparegeez

« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2008, 10:12:39 PM »
the funny shit is ive been doing it for about 3 months now and havent really gained a lot of weight, but I have gotten alot stronger and more cut

Which gym do you go to? I sometimes go to the 24 Hour fitness in Pleasanton to hoop.

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2008, 10:16:39 PM »
You wanna stay motivated? Go to the gym with a girl. I've been doing that for a month and I haven't missed a day in the gym since.....except for this week because I'm on Spring Break and I'm gonna get my drank and junk food on.
That's actually true, I started going with a girl a few weeks ago and I finally got back into it. A lot of the motivation has to do with why you're going to the gym. When I was most consistent, I was training for football so I was in the gym a lot, and it wasn't a problem. Now, I've been pretty lazy, I stay naturally skinny, and haven't felt the need to be in great shape because I still look "fit". You have to spend a few days forcing yourself, and you get into that routine. If you let yourself skip a day, it makes the next time when you are thinking about going a lot easier to just not go.
I got a bird's eye view

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2008, 10:19:06 PM »

My fiance is doing that to me.

Sickaluffa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my bitch drives what u drive and she got new tits
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2008, 10:29:00 PM »

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2008, 10:40:55 PM »

Which gym do you go to? I sometimes go to the 24 Hour fitness in Pleasanton to hoop.

24 has a basketball court?

i go to club sport, i think thats the only one here that has a court. It's off of the 680 and the 580 next to the hilton hotel

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2008, 03:19:12 AM »
this album keeps me pumped to go every other day:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/3kbW4ibIF8U&amp;hl=en&amp;autoplay=0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/3kbW4ibIF8U&amp;hl=en&amp;autoplay=0</a>
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 02:13:15 PM by Don Jacob »

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2008, 04:34:24 AM »
Yeah mp3 works like a miracle if you work alone. I had a gym partner (no homo) for 2 years but he quit now and I was bored like hell untill I bought me a Sony mp3 player.

Put some DMX on and you'll start lifting wieghts like a mad man. The only downside is when he starts with his crazy, loud barking and other people probably think I just recorded some random dogs barking to keep me motivated  :-\

Elevz

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2008, 05:34:10 AM »
Put some DMX on and you'll start lifting wieghts like a mad man. The only downside is when he starts with his crazy, loud barking and other people probably think I just recorded some random dogs barking to keep me motivated  :-\

Quote of the week. LOL.

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2008, 07:01:17 AM »
I've been going to the gym for roughly 6 years now. But the first three years I didn't take it very seriously. I mean, I went there every week, but simply to stay in shape. I wasn't concentrating on workout routines or something.
But when I turned 18 (when your body has fully developed - another golden rule: don't start lifting weights like a mad man when you're only 15. Your muscles are still developing so forcing those muscles can't be a good thing. A simple rule, but yet every now & again I see this young dudes in the gym basically ruining their body) I started getting a bit more serious about going to the gym.
I went there twice a week instead of the usual once-a-week-workout-routine and since September I've been going there three times a week.

How do I keep myself motivated? Good question. I just enjoy going to the gym, lifting weights, pushing my limits bit by bit. I think I just like doing sports in general. I go swimming regularly, I play basketball during the summer, I go jogging on a regular basis, etc...staying in shape makes me feel comfortable about myself, so I guess that's what keeps me motivated...

I've never taken my mp3 player with me, because of the simple fact I don't really have anything to attach it to. I have some sort of thingy where I can put my player in, but I'm always afraid it will fall out of my pocket. I can attach it to my pants, but I've simply never tried it out. Maybe I should, lol, 'cause the music they play at the gym is just a regular radio station. Far from something that gets you hyped.

Good idea...I'll take my mp3 player with me next week.

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2008, 08:06:10 AM »

Quote of the week. LOL.

lmao