Author Topic: Who here goes to the gym consistently?  (Read 647 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Who here goes to the gym consistently?
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2008, 11:23:35 AM »
Crafty just put it in your pants pocket, it doesn't fall out, trust me.

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2008, 12:46:16 PM »
^^ yes and the headphones that are attached to them will hold it up anyways.. youll notice when the music goes off if that shit ever falls out your pants

BY THE WAY ID LIKE TO ALSO NOTE IT IS ESSENTIAL YOU GET YOURSELF A PAIR OF GREAT HEADPHONES or else your music is gonna sound like crap

Sparegeez

« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2008, 11:24:09 PM »
the funny shit is ive been doing it for about 3 months now and havent really gained a lot of weight, but I have gotten alot stronger and more cut

Which gym do you go to? I sometimes go to the 24 Hour fitness in Pleasanton to hoop.

24 has a basketball court?

Of course. It's the sole reason I go sometimes, I usually just do in house exercises like push-ups, dumbell exercise and shit like that, so I don't really need the gym.

Are you in high school right now? I know a couple folks in the Dublin/Pleasanton area.

Intriago33

« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2008, 06:57:39 AM »
I do a three-day-split on Mon,Wed,Fri and have a cardio day either Tues or Thurs.
Motivation isn't a problem, eat well and write a good routine a month in advance and then you have no reason why to skip a session. It only takes an hour afterall.

Elevz

« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2008, 09:19:47 AM »
That's fucking obsessive though. Why should you want to spend your time doing that, unless you're planning to go to the olympics? You can be healthy with a lot less exercise...

Intriago33

« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2008, 09:28:00 AM »
That's fucking obsessive though. Why should you want to spend your time doing that, unless you're planning to go to the olympics? You can be healthy with a lot less exercise...

Was that directed towards me? You're not going to gain muscle going to the gym once a week doing bicep curls.

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2008, 09:36:23 AM »
hey intriago have you done the 1 or 2 week break thing yet.. which allows your body to fully recooperate, and repair itself after all that strenuous toll your body's took?

it works i actually got stronger, and my bicep is at 19" sculped no ""FATSUL""

i started my creatine loading yesterday 7lbs in 7 days im going hard at my abs tryin to get those abs of steel will that shit make me get fat??
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 09:38:41 AM by NauticaICE »

Intriago33

« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2008, 09:40:09 AM »
hey intriago have you done the 1 or 2 week break thing yet.. which allows your body to fully recooperate, and repair itself after all that strenuous toll your body's took?

I did one week rest yeah, and switched up my routine a little bit. I am back onto week 3 so next week I am ramping back to my top sets, then I will see if I have got stronger in the weeks following.

Intriago33

« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2008, 09:43:16 AM »

i started my creatine loading yesterday 7lbs in 7 days im going hard at my abs tryin to get those abs of steel will that shit make me get fat??

I have no experience with Creatine whatsoever. I mess with Whey sometimes, but the last month I have been purely eating clean with no supps. It's hard hitting the recommended intake though without a few protein shakes per day.
I am reading and learning as I go along, I have found a solid routine and have learned alot about the nutrition side, so i feel like I can make some decent progressions from now on.

Elevz

« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2008, 10:25:17 AM »

Was that directed towards me? You're not going to gain muscle going to the gym once a week doing bicep curls.

Which initiates the next question... Why on earth would you feel the need to gain muscle? You're a human being, not a predator who has to hunt for his food. Being in shape doesn't mean you have to reshape yourself, does it?

It's not a mere matter of questioning the motives of you personally, but more of a whole development. There seem to be plenty of guys in here who lift weights and build up their muscles as if that's the most virtuous thing to do in life. I simply fail to see the point though. As long as you're healthy in a normal way, you wouldn't need all that muscle, and you certainly wouldn't need to put in so much time into achieving just that. I do some bench presses like twice a week, just inside of my home, and whenever I feel like it I might just do some sit ups and some biceps exercises. That's it. It's enough for my muscles to stay in shape. I'll go for a run in the park when I feel like it, because that actually does contribute to my physical well being. Being able to lift a man of my own size doesn't. There's just no point in it.

The question is simple. Why? Why gain muscle? Why put in so much time? Why devote your whole schedule to it? Just why?

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2008, 10:29:09 AM »
^^ yep the gym is the stimulus , all the growth/development takes place at home

got a new excercise for you Close GRIP INCLINE bench presses.. for your triceps right now im hitting 225 lbs x15 reps try it that shit is hard as fuck, easily my fav excercise at the gym though... regular close grip BP's i found i was using too much of my chest i could get up 315 lbs different story on Incline

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2008, 10:33:01 AM »
Eleven theres several perks to lifting weights/being in shape alot of ppl do it for different things

go to www.bodybuilding.com  its not just for big ass muscle training guys, they've got tons of articles on there about all kinds of shit training for sports, nutrition, supplements with a great forum

Sanford - V. President of the Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The movement is Suckaa Free.
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2008, 11:21:29 AM »
yup.  music is the key for me.

put some west coast shit on in my mp3 player and im at the gym pumpin.

i love the feeling after you walk out the gym.  for me, after a good work out is almost like smokin a cool joint.  however, smoking after a workout, and than going home and playing call of duty just is the greatest thing in the world.

let me ask you guys a question...

after i started working out, my forearms are like a pool of viens running down my arms.  and some people have big as foramrs and biceps without barley an viens showin up...is that shit genitcs or the workout? 

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

Intriago33

« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2008, 11:51:50 AM »

Which initiates the next question... Why on earth would you feel the need to gain muscle? You're a human being, not a predator who has to hunt for his food. Being in shape doesn't mean you have to reshape yourself, does it?

It's not a mere matter of questioning the motives of you personally, but more of a whole development. There seem to be plenty of guys in here who lift weights and build up their muscles as if that's the most virtuous thing to do in life. I simply fail to see the point though. As long as you're healthy in a normal way, you wouldn't need all that muscle, and you certainly wouldn't need to put in so much time into achieving just that. I do some bench presses like twice a week, just inside of my home, and whenever I feel like it I might just do some sit ups and some biceps exercises. That's it. It's enough for my muscles to stay in shape. I'll go for a run in the park when I feel like it, because that actually does contribute to my physical well being. Being able to lift a man of my own size doesn't. There's just no point in it.

The question is simple. Why? Why gain muscle? Why put in so much time? Why devote your whole schedule to it? Just why?

I like the whole lifestyle - testing myself physically and eating a good diet, it makes me feel good. It keeps you in a strict routine, where I have to meet deadlines and make progressions and that can carry over into positive stuff outside of the gym.

Who wouldn't want to gain some muscle? Nobody wants me to be a 140lb skeleton.

What is being healthy? A ton of people probably think they are, but the odds are they are probably not. I eat clean 6 days a week, I allow myself on Sunday to snack out on some shit I don't consider healthy, and you can sure as hell expect to see me with some beers in my hand over the weekend.
It's like a lot of things in life, there's an extreme to everything.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2008, 12:36:16 PM »

Why are you questioning why someone would wanna work to reach their potential? Come on, now...we, as humans, have the power to be vicious beings. We should strive to be be as good as we can...and that means physically too.