Author Topic: Young Buck says he never got any royalty checks  (Read 286 times)

GangstaBoogy

Young Buck says he never got any royalty checks
« on: March 19, 2008, 03:15:03 PM »
March 19, 2008.   It appears that 50 Cent may be swindling members of his G-Unit label. MediaTakeOut.com has just learned that, in a recent interview with popular internet magazine YoRaps.com, Young Buck claims that he's not being paid royalties by 50's label.

Here's a direct quote from Buck:

A lot of artists don’t recoup off of albums, so a lot of times they never get to see the backend from that project. I’m the only artist on G-Unit that ever recouped off of an album. Meaning I went off on this "Buck The World" project not owing Interscope and G-Unit sh*t, I can say that much.

I’m still waiting on a royalty check period. I never seen a royalty check since I’ve been signed with G-Unit ... I’ve never in my career cashed a royalty check, how you like that? Put that one in big black letters n*gga!

http://www.mediatakeout.com/22348/g_unit_cheaters_young_buck_claims_50_doesnt_pay_him_royalties.html

"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Young Buck says he never got any royalty checks
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 05:48:36 PM »
i heard dis on the radio today. he seys he feels left out, hopefully shit will change for buck. hes dope!

Elano

No Royalites For Young Buck
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 07:30:52 AM »
Although rumors of an alleged reunion with former G-Unit member The Game, a return to Cash Money Records and a perceived failure to participate in a few rivalries have caused his loyalty to be questioned, Young Buck has maintained several times that he is loyal to G-Unit. It appears that the loyalty may not be returned on the financial front. In a recent interview with yoraps.com, the Nashville rapper reveals that while touring with G-Unit is lucrative, he has never received a royalty check from Interscope or G-Unit.
"I'm the only artist on G-Unit that ever recouped off of an album, meaning I went off on this Buck The World project not owing Interscope and G-Unit shit," Buck explains. "I can say that much. I'm still waiting on a royalty check, period. I've never seen a royalty check since I've been signed with G-Unit. So, hell yeah, I'll tell you one damn thing, the show money is that good. I've never in my career cashed a royalty check. How you like that?"
The amounts G-Unit and Interscope spent on promoting both Straight Outta Cashville and Buck The World have not been made public. However, during a February interview with HipHopDX, Buck did admit he wasn't thrilled with the amount spent marketing and promoting his projects.
"I did feel there were a few things Interscope could've done [better] as far as marketing my project," adds Buck. "You know, getting me a little better of a budget as far as videos and stuff."
Straight Outta Cashville was certified by the RIAA as having over 1 million copies sold as of January of 2005. Buck also tells HipHopDX that, according to Nielsen SoundScan, Buck The World has sold over 500,000 copies since its release. Additionally, the G-unit album Beg For Mercy, which Young Buck contributed to, has certified sales of over 2 million copies. Representatives from both G-Unit and Interscope have yet to respond to the claims.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2008, 12:40:51 PM »
Sha Money XL, manager of G-Unit rapper Young Buck has released a statement to AllHipHop.com clarifying recent rumors about the Nashville, Tennessee's status with the group.

Recent reports surfaced quoting Young Buck stating that he had "never seen a royalty check" since signing with G-Unit, despite releasing two hit albums, Straight Outta Cashville (2004) and Buck The World (2007).

“There has been a new rumor going around that 50 Cent has not paid Young Buck any royalties," Sha Money XL told AllHipHop.com. "I, as Buck’s manager and as former President of G-Unit Records want to make it clear: that is false. Young Buck has cleared over $10 million dollars working under 50 Cent’s and my guidance.”

Young Buck, born David Darnell Brown, is expected to appear on Shoot to Kill, the follow up to G-Unit’s 2003 debut album titled Beg For Mercy.

“We don’t know if a writer waited two months on the interview to stir up some new drama or just took his words wrong, but Buck is waving the G-Unit flag strong.”

Sha Money XL also denied that Young Buck was planning to split from G-Unit/Interscope in order to sign with another record label.

“Any talks of Buck signing to any other labels are false. People are playing the divide and conquer game and that’s not going to work!”

Shoot to Kill is due in stores this year.

http://allhiphop.com/stories/news/ar.../19508564.aspx

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2008, 01:30:23 AM »
Sounds like Buck is through with the Unit.

kemizt

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2008, 11:18:21 AM »
Sounds like Buck is through with the Unit.

Did u read the post above u?  lol.

A-Zee

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2008, 08:35:05 PM »
Listen to Bucks verse in Rider pt 2...

He says "Even if 50 dropped me, i still wouldnt sign"

Buck aint goin nowhere... he dont have to... The Unit will fund his shit, and give him all the freedom he needs... Buck is secure there, why would he leave.