Author Topic: who writes for who??????  (Read 6362 times)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: who writes for who??????
« Reply #105 on: April 12, 2008, 10:56:41 AM »

HITTMAN  (July 2006) | Interview By: Lil Jay
http://www.dubcnn.com/interviews/hittman/
Dubcnn:
I think Ben Baller said you would write for Ice Cube?
Hittman:
That was something that I was considering at that time, but he already had his writer and he was cool with that.
So that was something I ended up passing on.

I found some words from Cube while looking for something for the "Ultimate beef thread";
ICE CUBE (August 2006) | Interview By: Nima
http://www.dubcnn.com/interviews/icecube/
Dubcnn: What sparked a lot of conversation in a lot of places was when they heard Ice Cube say 'Fuck a ghost writer'.

Yea I don’t believe in ghost writers. I’ve never used a ghost writer a day in my life for no lyric what so ever. *laughs*
Only person who’s ever helped me with a rhyme is my cousin Del when he did back in the day and you know Mack 10,
WC while we were working on the Westside Connection album we went through a line or two but…

The purpose of being a rapper and having a ghost writer that shit just don’t match. It’s like playing football and you being a receiver but someone else catch for you. I have never used a ghost writer.. Shit it’s like, common man.

cube trying to pull a bill clinton  :P

Ali Tha Great

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #106 on: April 13, 2008, 12:14:18 AM »

Dubcnn:
Hittman:
That was something that I was considering at that time, but he already had his writer and he was cool with that.

I found some words from Cube while looking for something for the "Ultimate beef thread";
Dubcnn: What sparked a lot of conversation in a lot of places was when they heard Ice Cube say 'Fuck a ghost writer'.

Yea I don’t believe in ghost writers. I’ve never used a ghost writer a day in my life for no lyric what so ever. *laughs*
Only person who’s ever helped me with a rhyme is my cousin Del when he did back in the day and you know Mack 10,
WC while we were working on the Westside Connection album we went through a line or two but…

The purpose of being a rapper and having a ghost writer that shit just don’t match. It’s like playing football and you being a receiver but someone else catch for you. I have never used a ghost writer.. Shit it’s like, common man.

lol@^...

HEC

« Reply #107 on: April 13, 2008, 09:07:39 AM »

Dubcnn:
Hittman:

;D

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #108 on: April 26, 2008, 08:12:14 AM »
Like Still DRE. One of the biggest west coast anthems of all time written by Jay-Z.

you ( and others, like HighEyeCue and Chad) may find this little story about still D.R.E. interesting (it's from Rollin' with Dre: The Unauthorized Account: An Insider's Tale of the Rise, Fall, and Rebirth of West Coast Hip Hop )
:

D~Nice

« Reply #109 on: April 26, 2008, 08:16:33 AM »
Interesting.

HEC

« Reply #110 on: April 26, 2008, 08:25:31 AM »
I'm gonna have to get that book. I had no idea that DOC wrote his own version of the track, I was always a little pissed that Dre had to get an east coast artist like Jay to write his comeback single but it makes more sense now

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #111 on: April 26, 2008, 08:30:23 AM »
I'm gonna have to get that book. I had no idea that DOC wrote his own version of the track, I was always a little pissed that Dre had to get an east coast artist like Jay to write his comeback single but it makes more sense now

i understand  ;)

not sure what's up with Jay-Z and Dre; seems like they have a certain friendship  :P
i mean, it can't be a coincidence that Dre executive produced the kingdom come right?

HEC

« Reply #112 on: April 26, 2008, 08:46:11 AM »

i understand  ;)

not sure what's up with Jay-Z and Dre; seems like they have a certain friendship  :P
i mean, it can't be a coincidence that Dre executive produced the kingdom come right?

I've never been a huge fan of Jay but I have to admit he is a great writer, at that time there was pretty much no one touching him around 98-01 he had a perfect single it seemed for every summer during that period, I just never really liked his voice and flow too much. But he and Dre probably got friendly around that time and have remained friends since.

D~Nice

« Reply #113 on: April 26, 2008, 08:46:41 AM »

i understand  ;)

Well they go a ways back. Since Life & Times Of Sean Carter Vol. 3 when Dre appeared on that Watch Me song.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #114 on: April 26, 2008, 09:01:40 AM »

i understand  ;)

I've never been a huge fan of Jay but I have to admit he is a great writer, at that time there was pretty much no one touching him around 98-01 he had a perfect single it seemed for every summer during that period, I just never really liked his voice and flow too much. But he and Dre probably got friendly around that time and have remained friends since.
i see  ;)

i understand  ;)

Well they go a ways back. Since Life & Times Of Sean Carter Vol. 3 when Dre appeared on that Watch Me song.

true, but it would have made more sense to me if Dre had hooked up with Nas again for 2001, since they used to be so close.
then again, i don't know what's going on behind the scenes  ;)

E-Class

• 'G'
« Reply #115 on: April 26, 2008, 09:18:41 AM »
having a ghostwriter is like snitchin or wearing somebody elses underwear

D~Nice

« Reply #116 on: April 26, 2008, 09:22:37 AM »

i understand  ;)

i see  ;)

i understand  ;)

true, but it would have made more sense to me if Dre had hooked up with Nas again for 2001, since they used to be so close.

Yeah but they did distance themselves from each other after the whole "Firm Fiasco" for whatever reason. I think Jay has always been a fan of the whole DR/DPG sound and movement that he wanted to work with them.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #117 on: April 26, 2008, 09:26:58 AM »
i can dig that especially since he finally got dre on kingdom come, for a few traccs

i understand  ;)

i see  ;)

i understand  ;)

Yeah but they did distance themselves from each other after the whole "Firm Fiasco" for whatever reason. I think Jay has always been a fan of the whole DR/DPG sound and movement that he wanted to work with them.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

messi19

« Reply #118 on: April 26, 2008, 09:49:07 AM »
I just hit Game up on his Iphone and he said he's writing for:

Juice
Snoop (he also said he wrote some of his verses on TBCT)
Did some song writing for Jay Rock and Clyde Carson
Is writing 2 songs on Ya Boys album (2 singles that is)
Roccet
Nu Jerzey Devil
and
MC Eiht

Maybe:

Dre (Detox)

teletomble

« Reply #119 on: April 26, 2008, 10:02:11 AM »
I just hit Game up on his Iphone and he said he's writing for:

Juice
Snoop (he also said he wrote some of his verses on TBCT)
Did some song writing for Jay Rock and Clyde Carson
Is writing 2 songs on Ya Boys album (2 singles that is)
Roccet
Nu Jerzey Devil
and
MC Eiht

Maybe:

Dre (Detox)

How Do U Know Game?    ::)