Author Topic: T.I. Is Pleading Guilty To Weapons Charges..Prison Time Details Inside..  (Read 1041 times)

StevenQBosell

re: the video... the best part is when that dude says "So... toss my salad, let him eat me, you know, we straight, that's it!"

LMAO, what movie or documentary was that from, btw?

Elano

As SOHH previously reported, T.I. (born Clifford Harris, Jr.) agreed to a plea deal last week - instead of going to trial on federal gun charges - ordering the rapper to 1,500 hours of community service, a fine, a year in prison, up to 3 years probation and a year on house arrest.

But according to T.I.'s lawyer, Steve Sadow, the rapper is not technically under house arrest.

"He is in what we call a home detention program which means that he has a curfew," Sadow clarified.

Sadow explained that when he's not working, T.I.'s curfew is from 11 p.m. to 6 a.m and when he is working it's 1 a.m. to 8 a.m.

"Between the hours that the curfew doesn't apply, he is free to go and do anything, basically," Sadow revealed. "But he has a full time monitor with him and he has to get permission to go out of town and permission is given for work or community service."

The self proclaimed "King of the South" has already spent about five months on house arrest since the end of October, when he was released from jail on $3 million bond. Sadow told SOHH that those 5 months will count towards the year of house arrest Tip was ordered to serve.

The time he's doing right now under curfew will also partially count. According to Sadow the nights that T.I. actually sleeps at his house will be added to the tally. Yet if the rapper gets permission to travel out of town for a week for community service, the clock stops for those seven days.

Sadow hopes the rapper will finish a majority of his time by March before he heads to jail.

"That's our hope, unless of course his travel out of town for work or community service takes up more than 5 months," Sadow said.

If he's able to log a whole year of house arrest before he goes into jail for the year he was sentenced to, he will walk out of the slammer a free man. He'll only be under supervised release, which is a form of probation, for three years thereafter.

Of the 1,500 hours of community service Tip has to log, 1,000 has to be done within the first month. He was also hit with a $100,000 fine which has to be paid at or before his official sentencing in March of 2009.

Fans and critics alike have reacted to the ruling, saying Tip got a sweet deal. To this, Sadow says his client will adequately pay for his crime.

"First, he is going to jail for a substantial period of time," he said. "Second, it is the best way for him to give back to the community and that was very important in negotiations."

The rapper's already in high demand with requests coming in to have him speak to youth groups less than 24 hours after the plea deal was announced.

"Very few entertainment artists, hip-hop, rap or otherwise can get through to at-risk youth and fans like T.I. can," Sadow continued. "And it's important for him to get out the right message that these kids don't wanna live their life like he has. They don't wanna go through what he has gone through. He's a living example of what can go wrong,"