Author Topic: Bishop Lamont Lacks!  (Read 1076 times)

Outrageous Distribution

• 'G'
Re: Bishop Lamont Lacks!
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2008, 10:33:00 AM »
"It Factor means a presence. If you dont know it u just dont. It makes you want to go pick up that person album some intrigue. Snoop is intriguing why well he has been in the game forever but the whole death row ordeal he survived. Even Kurupt has the "It" factor he commands attention is what I'm saying. It's like when u at a party and all eyes is on that one individual you dont know the person or anything you just know that mufu got it. I look at talent all the time. People can gain the It factor dont get me wrong. I just dont see him as confident enough at the moment. Maybe beucase he has alot to live up to be on aftermath and all. I mean even Game has a little IT factor. It's a persona my nigga. He reminds me of that High school kid that alway s wanted to be part of the hip crowd but was never invited. Maybe I'm worng but I am a good judge of character in these avenues. I think we need a story behind him. I have peeped his interviews they are boring as hell. Ehat is the niggaz story. Okay u nice on the Mic but what gives. Crooked I has a more IT factor than ole boy does. Nothing against my man I hope he blows beyond belief but dam how long dow e have to wait before this nga shit drops. The buzz gone be gone.

Outrageous Distribution

• 'G'
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2008, 10:35:50 AM »
Bishop is cool and all but sometimes i thinks he talks alot of bullshit like when he was on pyo show he was talkin alot of bullshit about the industry and the man hasnt even pulled out an album how the fuck would he know also he talked about joel ortiz's situation not to hate cuz i do like bishop but if anybody would get droped it would be bishop and not joel and also always is talkin about detox and all i see is bullshit so far and also the man talks alot about warren g that dre is workin with him that the new album is gonna be the re return of the regulator and i see those new tracks they sound nothin like return of the regulator nor do they sound like they have any dre influence on them
I agree the nigga seems funnystyle to me for some reason. Now I dont know the man jsut from what I have read and his comments and interivews.

Outrageous Distribution

• 'G'
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2008, 10:38:30 AM »
That Warren Shit is straight foul. I aint feelin that shit and if niggaz know me and have heard my music I like that Jazzy club street shit but that virgin joint lacks everything!

Fatdodger

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WHUT UP FRED
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2008, 10:49:43 AM »
yeah that vigin shit if off some sexual eruption influnced bullshit i hope the west doest follow that fad thats all we need

REAL WESTCOAST G

I REP THAT WEST

Outrageous Distribution

• 'G'
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2008, 11:08:56 AM »
It's not even as good as the sexual eruption. Check out my shit. Get a feel for how a real playa do it.

Tongue action - http://www.zshare.net/audio/9451382ca351b5/

I see ya Girl - http://www.zshare.net/download/94514528877629/

FreakFest - http://www.zshare.net/audio/945153248dc4d8/

All three got that street edge with "sex appeal feel" Sex and the City type shit!!

www.myspace.com/outrageousrecords 

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2008, 11:12:42 AM »
nah, bishop is growing fast and will become one of the greatest. he has it all. he is creative ( lyrically flowwise contentwise) and hungry plus his voice is sounding more dope everytime i hear new tracks by him.

he is more real than game or the other young 'gangster'rappers for example. game is more of an actor bishop is true to himself and his audience.

at the moment he is already the best out there. i mean snoop is getting old his flow is lacking. jay is whispering. nas is the same bullshit all day everyday. 50 cent is not hungry anymore.

I agree witchu folx!
bishop is one of the dopest if not the dopest out and has been for a minute!
game is dope, but not on bishops level
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2008, 11:15:46 AM »
Bishop is dope but to sell to the masses and mainstream he will need a back story. That seems tp be more important than the music now a days  ::)

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2008, 11:20:51 AM »
Bishop is dope but to sell to the masses and mainstream he will need a back story. That seems tp be more important than the music now a days  ::)

well hes doin him right now and I hope he doesnt sell for the masses cuz eventually you will turn into snoop!
look at him, his careers been goin downward motion for a minute!
and then he releases that sexual shit!
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

h2k4

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2008, 11:59:52 AM »
Does anyone agree with me that Bishop is tight but he lacks star power.

I definately agree with this.  He is lacking a certain presence on the mic.  He has the lyrical ability but I don't see him becoming a star.  Maybe something like Hittman but 1 level above him.  It seems as if he doesn't have a particular personality, almost monotone.  That's what it is with most rappers who are lyrical.  They just don't appeal to the commercial market.

Outrageous Distribution

• 'G'
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2008, 12:02:35 PM »
Exaclty soemthing is missing my nigga! Now can he find it maybe. That one joint he did up and down that shit was hot anyone nowhere I can get that drop a link or something. It was him G malone and some other nigga I think Cyrus

Str8 Ridah

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2008, 12:07:00 PM »
... then again, I doubt dude is looking to become the next musical messiah.  Methinks his m.o. is more catering to those who want "it", which is a whole different "it".

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2008, 12:15:04 PM »
nah, bishop is growing fast and will become one of the greatest. he has it all. he is creative ( lyrically flowwise contentwise) and hungry plus his voice is sounding more dope everytime i hear new tracks by him.

he is more real than game or the other young 'gangster'rappers for example. game is more of an actor bishop is true to himself and his audience.

at the moment he is already the best out there. i mean snoop is getting old his flow is lacking. jay is whispering. nas is the same bullshit all day everyday. 50 cent is not hungry anymore.

Co-sign. I don't think he's the best lyrically, but I think he has the most potential to become a star

He can get lyrical with it, but he can also keep it simple and funny (which is why someone ultra lyrical like Kool G Rap never blew in the mainstream because he's always making everything rhyme with everything else, and so it's harder for a non-hiphop fan to get into)

He also has that star look I think, like he's a cool looking guy (no homo lol), and isn't an ugly fuck (unlike jay) or a skinny weak looking mofo (snoop, no disrespect but who wants to be in the same shape as snoop), he has a cool voice (unlike jay), he can rap about a loooad of different topics well (unlike snoop who just raps about being a pimp nowadays), he can flow in a bunch of different ways and he has a really good sense of humor (unlike Game who has zero sense of humor) - so I think he has the best of all those stars without any of their weaknesses

In interviews he comes across really well, he's funny as hell, kinda nuts, very personable - he has natural star charisma and I can see why Dre picked him up and also why he's still at the label while others came and went

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2008, 12:18:26 PM »

Co-sign. I don't think he's the best lyrically, but I think he has the most potential to become a star

He can get lyrical with it, but he can also keep it simple and funny (which is why someone ultra lyrical like Kool G Rap never blew in the mainstream because he's always making everything rhyme with everything else, and so it's harder for a non-hiphop fan to get into)

He also has that star look I think, like he's a cool looking guy (no homo lol), and isn't an ugly fuck (unlike jay) or a skinny weak looking mofo (snoop, no disrespect but who wants to be in the same shape as snoop), he has a cool voice (unlike jay), he can rap about a loooad of different topics well (unlike snoop who just raps about being a pimp nowadays), he can flow in a bunch of different ways and he has a really good sense of humor (unlike Game who has zero sense of humor) - so I think he has the best of all those stars without any of their weaknesses

In interviews he comes across really well, he's funny as hell, kinda nuts, very personable - he has natural star charisma and I can see why Dre picked him up and also why he's still at the label while others came and went

well said IMO!
Cube

genero

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2008, 12:53:13 PM »
I dont know about that IT factor. To me it is not relevant if a rapper brings a coast back by being the next pop idol. Personally i give a fuck about the westcoast and these gangsterrap wannabe' s. It is about good music. Most rappers are gimmicks. They started as gimmicks in the eighties and even nowadays they cant be taken seriously. There is also a group of rappers who wants to be taken too seriously, like KRS One for example, which is also a gimmick. The middle section is missin. The rapper who is down to earth and just being himself. No fake frowns, gangsterfairytales or made up gangbang history. Imagine dre cooking up some powerfull spacedout funkshit, who would you like to rip it. The only rapper at the moment that is dope enough for that spot is bishop.

lost_assassin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2008, 01:00:51 PM »
sad that we gotta focus n the artists ''power'' to appeal to themasses when realli it shoud be about his talent . now will you deny his talent? who else is spittin like him? (lyric wise) + so who cares if he cant have a reality show like snoop? or make funny faces like game? speacially these 2 ( and the rest ) of successful artists from the wc come from under dre's wing.. i hope nobody is doubtin dre's choice of artist
Cowards Only Wanna Act Hard When Its Convenient-Planet Asia(9mm)