Author Topic: Bishop Lamont Lacks!  (Read 1071 times)

HEC

Re: Bishop Lamont Lacks!
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2008, 09:28:31 AM »
I don't think Bishop lacks anything to be honest, dope lyrically, good flow, conscious raps, he just needs the right marketing plan, Game is dope too but I think lyrically he hasn't shown the consistency that Bishop has, Game brings it on mixtapes no doubt but his albums are not that much above average from a lyrical standpoint. His flow is off beat at times too, Bishop is more consistent in that aspect. As far as Crooked goes he is on another planet lyrically and flow and delivery too are top notch but his content is lacking, he is probably the best pure MC but he needs to show more versatility in his topics. I enjoy all three rappers music though

Outrageous Distribution

• 'G'
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2008, 09:41:52 AM »
At least you have a good take on the topic. My point was just the "IT Factor" I'm not even talking about the mans talent on the Mic. Strictly talking about what his story what other than his music will make people want to buy it. Marketing takes much more that just hey I'ma god MC. How and in what aspect will he be marketed ya feel me. he is not a gangsta rappa but at times  I think he brings it in sometimes. He doesnt appeal to the bitches at all. What makes him stand out is what I'm saying. Are u niggaz listening. THis is a business what other than i got flow makes him marketable.  Let me help yall out daaaammm! 50 cent the nigga is buff got good hooks adn does party shit for the most part as his singles. hence In the Club candy shop. Bitches eat and ate that shit up. Cube hell godfahter of gnagst rap no more needs to be said. LL cool J Ladies love kool j what more can u say the ngga is swole and bitches love his music. I dont see bishop doing numbers like game even did. i think he will be lucky if he goes gold. Like I said I want the nigga to win but what and who is his demographic. Look at Common hella marketable. The nigga is non violent pro balck conscious poilitical aadn the bitched love him. Are you niggaz getting the hint. Bitches buy cd's they spen money niggaz dont.

da chronic

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2008, 11:49:14 AM »
i think we can't speak for now because bishop hasn't released his "In da club" or "how we do" type of record yet...we'll see

The D.O.C and

Outrageous Distribution

• 'G'
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2008, 12:05:54 PM »
I'm done obviously niggaz can read but dont comprehend! Dude it's not even about him dropping that type of song. I beg to differ that up n down shit with G-Malone was a club banger and ws gettin spins on the 100.3 the beat. When u reposn to my shit make sure u understood what I have wrote first. Yall niggaz need go back to shcool ans take your English standardized test again. DAAM!

da chronic

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2008, 12:31:11 PM »
sorry my friend, i ain't that stupid. I was about to make a longer post but had to go eat something.
Anyway, i think i understood well what you said.
Since the beggining when i heard that bishop was signed to dre i was wondering the same thing. I loved his flow since the first time i heard it(who i gotta kill...) and became a fan immediatly. I thought he had the ability to put different types of records and club bangers... + he was funny and wasn't on that gangsta shit...
But the fact is, when he signed to dre i was wondering if he would stay at aftermath because i haven't seen dude yet. We'll have to wait for a video to see if he has that charisme. Like the Game is one of the best when it comes to videos... When i saw the "certified gangsta" video for the first i tought that shit was crazy. Dude has alot of charisma. But Bishop isn't the same type of man at all.
And i know when you talked about the "it" factor, you were not just talking about the image. But also what he can bring to the table that will appeal to the masses. What bishop can bring might be the come back of real mcing but on a high scale of exposure (with mtv and all that shit).

Actually i'm sure hes gonna sell alot just because of dre... Just think about it. If dre put him alot on his detox album it means something. Dre knows what people like. Look out what bishop put out as mixtapes. 3 crazy albums in one year...He chooses crazy beats and can rhymes. Of course, crooked is on another level but he's too old and too gangsta.

Also, if he was boring and havent got that "IT factor", dre wouldn't be his friend. Warren g would not be his friend. Busta would not fuck with. Same for Chad Hugo... Bishop is working with eminem, 50 cent, busta rhymes... There must be something crazy about this dude. And its not just his flow and the fact that he's signed to the math. He might have the "THING" that make people become superstar. + he's a real down to earth and smart dude like glasses malone (the opposite of the game who is still acting like a child, no offense)...

Speaking of star charisma etc...i think stat quo is even worse...That's why his buzz never worked.

I hope bishop will do well and find an empty place in the rap game where he can sit or create a new one. I wonder with wich types of records he's gonna come out with the reformation, but i bet there will be alot of tracks about fucking bitches. Cause it has to be commercial, sex sales, and bl is crazy on tracks about hoes (for exemple the last track on warren g's album). I can also see him on a "ego trip" track like "i dominate" should be.

To conclude, i would say that bishop may not have the charisma and that "IT factor" you're talking about. But he can come up with crazy flows (go at it) and make some very interesting and appealing hooks + he can change his voice and his type of flow alot on tracks...

I know my paragraph was not well constructed but i hope you will not find me too stupid. And escuse my english it's not my first language
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 12:42:26 PM by da chronic »

The D.O.C and

Outrageous Distribution

• 'G'
« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2008, 12:43:19 PM »
Next time starve nigga and post yo shit. LOL jsut fuccin wit u. Poin taken pimpin. that;s what I;m talkin bout mufus that can comprehend shit yall bustas pay attention on how grown ass men talk to one another. Shit gets accomplished quicker and we can move on to the next topic ya dig.

www.myspace.com/outrageousrecords

Elano

« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2008, 02:11:32 PM »
I think he has the most potential to become a star

He will be lucky as fuck if he will not be dropped from the label after the first album.....what's so special about him ?  ::)

The Ultimate Pianist

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2008, 03:56:56 PM »
I think he has the most potential to become a star

He will be lucky as fuck if he will not be dropped from the label after the first album.....what's so special about him ?  ::)

What's so special? well i think that he's gotta have some dope material for The Reformation if he can afford to put out ''mixtape'' albums like N*gger noize, Caltroit, and Pope Mobile, not to mention the forthcoming The Confessional a.k.a the collection plate.  These albums all have dope bangers. Now imagine the actual Debut album

Tha Crip

« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2008, 07:04:31 PM »
^^^^
real talk....not to mention dudes 3 "mixtape" are all original productions, no rapping over someone else beats...dude gets these beats by the best producers in the game and he usually rips em to pieces and he puts these out free of charge (he aint tryin to make cash off these mixtapes like some other rappers) cant wait for the whoo kid mixtape bishop is a beast  8)
"I F**k Wit Feds Magazine"

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2008, 07:22:26 PM »
^^^^
real talk....not to mention dudes 3 "mixtape" are all original productions, no rapping over someone else beats...dude gets these beats by the best producers in the game and he usually rips em to pieces and he puts these out free of charge (he aint tryin to make cash off these mixtapes like some other rappers) cant wait for the whoo kid mixtape bishop is a beast  8)
Any word on when that Whoo Kid mixtape is supposed to be out?

Elano

« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2008, 10:07:55 PM »
^^^^

i'm not arguing about his persona,probably bishop is a cool dude...i don't know. i'm talkin about "the rapper"......he can release 50 mixtapes every year but to me he can't make it BIG

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2008, 10:29:43 PM »
nah, bishop is growing fast and will become one of the greatest. he has it all. he is creative ( lyrically flowwise contentwise) and hungry plus his voice is sounding more dope everytime i hear new tracks by him.

he is more real than game or the other young 'gangster'rappers for example. game is more of an actor bishop is true to himself and his audience.

at the moment he is already the best out there. i mean snoop is getting old his flow is lacking. jay is whispering. nas is the same bullshit all day everyday. 50 cent is not hungry anymore.

Co-sign. I don't think he's the best lyrically, but I think he has the most potential to become a star

He can get lyrical with it, but he can also keep it simple and funny (which is why someone ultra lyrical like Kool G Rap never blew in the mainstream because he's always making everything rhyme with everything else, and so it's harder for a non-hiphop fan to get into)

He also has that star look I think, like he's a cool looking guy (no homo lol), and isn't an ugly fuck (unlike jay) or a skinny weak looking mofo (snoop, no disrespect but who wants to be in the same shape as snoop), he has a cool voice (unlike jay), he can rap about a loooad of different topics well (unlike snoop who just raps about being a pimp nowadays), he can flow in a bunch of different ways and he has a really good sense of humor (unlike Game who has zero sense of humor) - so I think he has the best of all those stars without any of their weaknesses

In interviews he comes across really well, he's funny as hell, kinda nuts, very personable - he has natural star charisma and I can see why Dre picked him up and also why he's still at the label while others came and went
no disrespect but this is a stupid post,and you sound like BILL WALTON going on and on about the "greatness of jabbar",haha, you talking about snoops shape body or what not like you want your rappers to be buff or something? are you a woman? and how "cool" his voice sounds? are u a white soccer mom? hahahhaa, everything you said right there is useless, i mean you say jay is a ugly fucc yet he still go plat,got one of the baddest chiccs in music,got dudes trying to imitate him and the voice he uses to say some lines (including bishop!!) hell i might do it on occasion myself without knowing it networth, and snoop doesn't just rap about being a pimp? neva hafta to worry any one?, but even those who do, (the clipse) got fans still fiend'n to hear them spit that drug rap, come on now, i want to see bishop succeed like everyone else,and i think he will,he got some dope material and he got a funny personality,but don't try to use them guys as a reason he will succeed tho,cause you make it seem like they aint' did nothing,yet they 2 of the biggest artist in hip hop and from the 90's on up music history! plus game does make people laugh just ask all his lil fans on here, true story no blood clot yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2008, 11:07:28 PM »
sorry my friend, i ain't that stupid. I was about to make a longer post but had to go eat something.
Anyway, i think i understood well what you said.
Since the beggining when i heard that bishop was signed to dre i was wondering the same thing. I loved his flow since the first time i heard it(who i gotta kill...) and became a fan immediatly. I thought he had the ability to put different types of records and club bangers... + he was funny and wasn't on that gangsta shit...
But the fact is, when he signed to dre i was wondering if he would stay at aftermath because i haven't seen dude yet. We'll have to wait for a video to see if he has that charisme. Like the Game is one of the best when it comes to videos... When i saw the "certified gangsta" video for the first i tought that shit was crazy. Dude has alot of charisma. But Bishop isn't the same type of man at all.
And i know when you talked about the "it" factor, you were not just talking about the image. But also what he can bring to the table that will appeal to the masses. What bishop can bring might be the come back of real mcing but on a high scale of exposure (with mtv and all that shit).

Actually i'm sure hes gonna sell alot just because of dre... Just think about it. If dre put him alot on his detox album it means something. Dre knows what people like. Look out what bishop put out as mixtapes. 3 crazy albums in one year...He chooses crazy beats and can rhymes. Of course, crooked is on another level but he's too old and too gangsta.

Also, if he was boring and havent got that "IT factor", dre wouldn't be his friend. Warren g would not be his friend. Busta would not fuck with. Same for Chad Hugo... Bishop is working with eminem, 50 cent, busta rhymes... There must be something crazy about this dude. And its not just his flow and the fact that he's signed to the math. He might have the "THING" that make people become superstar. + he's a real down to earth and smart dude like glasses malone (the opposite of the game who is still acting like a child, no offense)...

Speaking of star charisma etc...i think stat quo is even worse...That's why his buzz never worked.

I hope bishop will do well and find an empty place in the rap game where he can sit or create a new one. I wonder with wich types of records he's gonna come out with the reformation, but i bet there will be alot of tracks about fucking bitches. Cause it has to be commercial, sex sales, and bl is crazy on tracks about hoes (for exemple the last track on warren g's album). I can also see him on a "ego trip" track like "i dominate" should be.

To conclude, i would say that bishop may not have the charisma and that "IT factor" you're talking about. But he can come up with crazy flows (go at it) and make some very interesting and appealing hooks + he can change his voice and his type of flow alot on tracks...

I know my paragraph was not well constructed but i hope you will not find me too stupid. And escuse my english it's not my first language

i get you my equal,you made good points, i think he has charisma personally, but all that matters to me is bishop doing bishop, fucc sales just make hot material and showcase his personality,that shit is harder then what people think. i mean i give game credit for riding out his persona no matter what people think (even if shit spoke about him was the truth) he still saying fucc it,and living out that image and it's working (his bill waltons on here are the proof haha), and the bottom line is making that cheese and he's doing that to the fullest and he got that top spot out here, and thats what bishop main focus should be present the best form of you out there on record yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

messi19

« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2008, 12:28:08 AM »
Did that nigga just say "Unlike Game who has zero humor" hahahahahahhhahahahahaahahahahahahaaahaahaha! So humor is important? hahahhahahahahahhahah Jay-Zs voice is important?? hahahaha

messi19

« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2008, 12:31:43 AM »
Box5 and the other dude Outrageous something..should just form a group..Anti-Game with Outrageous tranny lookin wife doin the hook. Lol at niggas who can't rap better than Game bein mad. I sence the smell of "the mad rappers" here.
I dont like Spider, and i CAN rap better than so thats why i can complain.

Game top 10 dead or alive
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 12:34:05 AM by messi19 »