Author Topic: More NBA beef: Chris Paul vs Rafer Alston  (Read 440 times)

Citizen-Y

Re: More NBA beef: Chris Paul vs Rafer Alston
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2008, 05:05:04 AM »
Fuck him. I can't believe I'm saying this, but, I wish we had Smush Parker for that Houston game. Dude always used to torch Alston.

Smush and Alston are the same type of player...the only thing Alston has on Smush is experience. Alston=Overrated.

If you even think he's rated you are high.  The bottom line is, Alston was right.  David West isn't a superstar, he's a all-star no doubt but he's not a superstar like Yao Ming.  Teams don't gameplan to stop David West, they gameplan around what Chris Paul will do.

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2008, 10:10:05 AM »
Fuck him. I can't believe I'm saying this, but, I wish we had Smush Parker for that Houston game. Dude always used to torch Alston.

Smush and Alston are the same type of player...the only thing Alston has on Smush is experience. Alston=Overrated.

If you even think he's rated you are high.  The bottom line is, Alston was right.  David West isn't a superstar, he's a all-star no doubt but he's not a superstar like Yao Ming.  Teams don't gameplan to stop David West, they gameplan around what Chris Paul will do.

And that's probably why NO is so successful, because it's the people around the superstar that step up who are often the difference makers in a win .... maybe teams should make a plan to stop someone like David West.   
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2008, 11:06:21 AM »

A few people have been labeling him "one of the best point guards in the league" during the little streak, which is definitely overratage.

Sofa_King_Awesome

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Five poppin' Six droppin'
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2008, 11:17:33 AM »
LOL. This is better then a rap beef. :laugh:
are you people that dumb and slow...lol...
Tuff one...but quik is up there...put it on me is classic imo and on some detox shit...dj lethal>>dj quik....rza>>premo.....dre>>>quik....rza=dre....dre, rza, quik, dj lethal>>>>>timberland, rockwielder, EIMINEM, mannie fresh

thisoneguy360

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2008, 08:38:05 PM »

I haven't watched Alston play a whole lot but i'd agree that he's overrated, i'd definitely place him above Smush though

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2008, 01:45:10 PM »

I haven't watched Alston play a whole lot but i'd agree that he's overrated, i'd definitely place him above Smush though

I agree...they're still the same type of player though.

Citizen-Y

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2008, 04:25:40 PM »

Smush would dominate Rafer defensively.  I would scream at the TV for Rafer to get the ball to McGrady ASAP so Smush wouldn't force a turnover.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2008, 04:50:23 PM »

Smush would dominate Rafer defensively.  I would scream at the TV for Rafer to get the ball to McGrady ASAP so Smush wouldn't force a turnover.

Huh? Was that supposed to be a lame joke?

Citizen-Y

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2008, 06:27:10 PM »

Huh? Was that supposed to be a lame joke?

Do you even watch these games?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2008, 10:35:09 AM »
No shit.