Author Topic: Tha_Dogg_Pound-Lets_Ryde_2Night_EP-2008-WCS  (Read 2409 times)

westsiderider323

Re: Tha_Dogg_Pound-Lets_Ryde_2Night_EP-2008-WCS
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2008, 03:34:47 PM »
thiz shit iz dope cuz propz

Twisted Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SCISSOR-HANDS NIGGA, SLICIN' LIKE BLANCA!!!
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2008, 04:14:58 PM »
Crip Hop is the Fuckin Man!  8)

Don't Waste Time Hating on Kurupt just because he gets the Appreciation that you think YOUR favorite artist deserves. You should try being more Positive about Life and Post about things that YOU LIKE instead of Whining Like a BITCH. Convert All That Hate into Positive Energy to Promote YOUR # 1 Artist. MUTHAFUCCA!

k1000

« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2008, 04:15:47 PM »
3. Look Like U Need A Lift (Feat. B-Real, Nate Dogg) 03:59

fredwreck + kurupt talk about the track :

On the more sonically aggressive side of the equation, Fredwreck (known for Mobb Deep's “Have a Party” featuring 50 Cent and Nate Dogg, Westside Connection's “Gangsta Nation” and Snoop Dogg's “Paper'd Up”) enters the fray with “Get in My Car,” featuring B-Real of Cypress Hill alongside Daz, Kurupt and Nate Dogg. Juxtaposing an electric lumberjack Moog buzz with an aggressive horn line that revs up like a car engine, the track sounds as if the L.A. producer refused to settle for less than maximum vibration velocity.

“The horns were a sample that I chopped up, plus some horns I played over that,” Fredwreck says. “I chopped up the drum break with the MPC3000 and then put in some Moog bass but with the filter opened up real wide. So it wasn't like bass like brooo, it was more like aeeeh, like a buzz sawtooth underneath the horns just to give it a drive. And then I played some different bongo patterns through the whole thing, found an eight-bar loop I liked and sampled it with the drum machine.

“It's real aggressive but it's also, if you remember, most of the best Dogg Pound tracks have a bit of a sarcastic comedy type attitude to them,” Fredwreck continues. “Like ‘Ain't No Fun (If My Homies Can't Have None)’ [from Doggystyle], it's funny. This track sounds like some shoot-'em-up type of shit but with Nate Dogg singing smooth about women acting up in the car. It's funny, but it's still gangsta.”

According to Fredwreck, Nate Dogg came up with the hook for the track immediately after hearing the beat. “Then Kurupt came over and was like, ‘That shit is banging; let me lay something on that!’ So he laid two versions down, and we spaced it so Daz could be on there. Then B-Real came by while we were working, smoked us out and was like, ‘Yo, what is this shit for? This is hot!’”

“As soon as Fred played it for me, I was jumping,” Kurupt says. “Nate was already on there, so it was real simple for me, I just followed Nate's lead. Us and Nate is so classic, anyway, so it just felt right. Nate Dogg, Kurupt, B-Real and Daz — wow, what a combination. It's like a home-run hit.”

full info on that thread : http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=116868.0

Johnny B

« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2008, 04:21:29 PM »
3. Look Like U Need A Lift (Feat. B-Real, Nate Dogg) 03:59

fredwreck + kurupt talk about the track :

On the more sonically aggressive side of the equation, Fredwreck (known for Mobb Deep's “Have a Party” featuring 50 Cent and Nate Dogg, Westside Connection's “Gangsta Nation” and Snoop Dogg's “Paper'd Up”) enters the fray with “Get in My Car,” featuring B-Real of Cypress Hill alongside Daz, Kurupt and Nate Dogg. Juxtaposing an electric lumberjack Moog buzz with an aggressive horn line that revs up like a car engine, the track sounds as if the L.A. producer refused to settle for less than maximum vibration velocity.

“The horns were a sample that I chopped up, plus some horns I played over that,” Fredwreck says. “I chopped up the drum break with the MPC3000 and then put in some Moog bass but with the filter opened up real wide. So it wasn't like bass like brooo, it was more like aeeeh, like a buzz sawtooth underneath the horns just to give it a drive. And then I played some different bongo patterns through the whole thing, found an eight-bar loop I liked and sampled it with the drum machine.

“It's real aggressive but it's also, if you remember, most of the best Dogg Pound tracks have a bit of a sarcastic comedy type attitude to them,” Fredwreck continues. “Like ‘Ain't No Fun (If My Homies Can't Have None)’ [from Doggystyle], it's funny. This track sounds like some shoot-'em-up type of shit but with Nate Dogg singing smooth about women acting up in the car. It's funny, but it's still gangsta.”

According to Fredwreck, Nate Dogg came up with the hook for the track immediately after hearing the beat. “Then Kurupt came over and was like, ‘That shit is banging; let me lay something on that!’ So he laid two versions down, and we spaced it so Daz could be on there. Then B-Real came by while we were working, smoked us out and was like, ‘Yo, what is this shit for? This is hot!’”

“As soon as Fred played it for me, I was jumping,” Kurupt says. “Nate was already on there, so it was real simple for me, I just followed Nate's lead. Us and Nate is so classic, anyway, so it just felt right. Nate Dogg, Kurupt, B-Real and Daz — wow, what a combination. It's like a home-run hit.”

full info on that thread : http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=116868.0

Kurupt knows the deal.. 8)

thanks man.

~Lucien~

« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2008, 05:14:55 PM »
the sound quality is poor. if you pay 9,99 for this you are crazy.
the beat for the dpg/nate/b-real track is old as hell.
the beat was on that fredwreck beat cd that leaked years ago.
another poor dpg release. it's a shame

Johnny B

« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2008, 05:24:42 PM »

I wasn't even hyped about this release. it's only a collection of some unreleased songs.

I do agree about the sound though. all cuz it's old, doesn't mean it's not unreleased. lol

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2008, 05:49:52 PM »

u trippin it's just some unreleased songs maybe the songs didn't exist in better quality.

~Lucien~

« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2008, 06:26:52 PM »

u trippin it's just some unreleased songs maybe the songs didn't exist in better quality.

well... I'm not hating but they are selling it for $10 on iTunes. You can't ask that money for these songs in my opinion.
I'm a DPG fan. And I like quality. And if they don't exist in CDQ don't ask $10.
Just give them out for free or sell them for a normal price. This is a retail price that's all.
Would you buy them for $10? I don't think so. But it's all good...

Johnny B

« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2008, 06:35:24 PM »

well... I'm not hating but they are selling it for $10 on iTunes. You can't ask that money for these songs in my opinion.
I'm a DPG fan. And I like quality. And if they don't exist in CDQ don't ask $10.
Just give them out for free or sell them for a normal price. This is a retail price that's all.
Would you buy them for $10? I don't think so. But it's all good...

yea, I hear that.

Soopa2Fly

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2008, 08:07:31 PM »
Most of these sounds like Cali Iz Active leftovers... Snoop should put some of these songs on the album!

Snoopafly-1986

« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2008, 08:20:58 PM »
the quality sounds good to me 8)

I don't mind that the songs are a few years old its the first time I'm hearing them

WICK1D

« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2008, 11:46:36 PM »
Hey anyone got a link for that fredwreck beat cd

OG Snoopaveli

« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2008, 12:21:33 AM »
that track with B-Real and Nate Dogg is a fuckin banger.

beat just sticks in my head.. 8)

yeah I got that shit on repeat 8)

they need to feature Nate on more songs. reminds me of them old DPG days.
agreee

D~Nice

« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2008, 12:46:06 AM »
Is that track with B-Real and Nate a Cali Iz Active leftover?

k1000

« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2008, 01:27:29 AM »

Hey anyone got a link for that fredwreck beat cd

here pass : www.albumhunt.com
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 09:25:17 AM by k1000 »