Author Topic: what's the fuckin' obsession with coffee everyone has?  (Read 587 times)

Ali Tha Great

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: what's the fuckin' obsession with coffee everyone has?
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2008, 12:43:35 AM »
Coffee does nothing to me but make me shit. I can buy laxatives for cheaper.
lol...yeah,me 2 dawg...

and as for caffeine being addictive,lol...let me put it this way...caffeine is as addictive as weed...some people say its addictive,some say its not...imo its not...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2008, 01:09:46 AM »

Coffee Bean > Starbucks
THE realest thing you've ever said.

Gee, thanks...

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2008, 01:20:13 AM »
I have never got into it either. But from what I've seen, most people don't get regular coffee from Starbucks. It's always some sort mocha drink, or some other weird name. I'm really not into those either, I would rather get a smoothie or milkshake, but whatever floats your boat.
I got a bird's eye view

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2008, 03:10:54 AM »
Coffee does nothing to me but make me shit. I can buy laxatives for cheaper.
lol...yeah,me 2 dawg...

and as for caffeine being addictive,lol...let me put it this way...caffeine is as addictive as weed...some people say its addictive,some say its not...imo its not...

my mom is a lifetime coffee drinker...i think she started in her teens...she used to drink about 4 or 5 cups a day, sometimes more, if she went a day with out one she would get a headache...id say thats a sign of a physical addiction...although, i stressed to her that she needed to cut down, for that very same reason.  she always drank it with a lil milk/cream, but when i talked to her she started using less coffee and more cream...now she only drinks one cup  a day in the morning, and she can go days without a cup and experiance no headaches.

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

JAZ

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2008, 06:34:05 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/lrsj653088E&amp;autoplay=0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/lrsj653088E&amp;autoplay=0</a>

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2008, 07:35:29 AM »
^ that has got too be one of the wierdest video's i have ever seen  ???

But back to the topic, i honestly dont mind drinking coffee.. it helps me for work in the mornings because im usually up around 5:10 and walking into work by 7'30ish, so im still pretty tired, the coffee just levels me out and gets my brain working a bit.. but im no fashion coffee drinker like some people have said, i dont act like no big shot and buy some fancy coffee.. i usually just make up a flask or something in the morning at home and keep drinking it through out the day.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2008, 07:39:53 AM »
Yeah, I don't get the coffee obsession either.

Okay - coffee smells good, but the taste is fucking awful!

kemizt

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2008, 08:22:00 AM »
tea > coffee

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2008, 11:01:24 AM »
I love coffee personally, but you're right about the trend aspect of modern western coffee culture. I don't know how things are in the US, but over here I don't think it's that I see people drink more, it's rather like everyone needs their fucking Caramel-Chocolate Latte Macchiato and there's a dramatic increase in that fancy-drink lifestyle-symbol looking-good-with-the-cup-in-my-hand type of coffee-drinking. I prefer no-frills espressos (yeah, I'm that hard), and sometimes I wonder if some of those sexed-up gimmick coffee drinks (some of which consist of a subtle hint of coffee and tons of just about everything else) were basically invented for people who actually don't like the drink, but feel they have to be wit dat shit.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2008, 11:20:02 AM »
In a more active society where there is less sleep and more work, energy drinks are more and more popular and of course the oldest energy drink, coffee, is becoming bigger. So it is what it is.

yeaah and watch this generation when were all 70....fuckkkkkked

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2008, 11:32:00 AM »
I love coffee personally, but you're right about the trend aspect of modern western coffee culture. I don't know how things are in the US, but over here I don't think it's that I see people drink more, it's rather like everyone needs their fucking Caramel-Chocolate Latte Macchiato and there's a dramatic increase in that fancy-drink lifestyle-symbol looking-good-with-the-cup-in-my-hand type of coffee-drinking. I prefer no-frills espressos (yeah, I'm that hard), and sometimes I wonder if some of those sexed-up gimmick coffee drinks (some of which consist of a subtle hint of coffee and tons of just about everything else) were basically invented for people who actually don't like the drink, but feel they have to be wit dat shit.

yup, i totally agree.. where you from Europe?

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2008, 01:03:14 PM »
It's great for the morning time... what would I do without it? I can't see the use for it during the evening unless it's cold outside and you want something to warm you up. I also use it time to time for those late nights of typing or editing text...

SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

Johnny B

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2008, 01:06:10 PM »
I like ice coffee the best, but I don't have it at all anymore.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2008, 01:15:35 PM »
Coffee never has an effect on me...

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2008, 01:18:14 PM »
I can't see the use for it during the evening unless it's cold outside and you want something to warm you up.

I always warm up some chocolate milk at those moments. That does the job for me.

I've never been into drinking coffee. I don't like the taste of it, and I'm far from the biggest health freak, but I've read about what caffeine does to the human body, and really...it's pretty insane. I read an article a few weeks back where a doctor stated that just one single cup of coffee in the morning has a direct effect on your sleep at night. It was an article about sleeping issues. Interesting stuff.

Anyways, I'm a high school teachers, and I think all around the world it's the same thing: most teachers are basically coffee addicts. You should see our teacher-room when we're having a break during two lesson periods. Most teachers RUSH to the coffee machine. Pathetic! Like fiends getting their fix.
And then I can't help but standing there with my glass of water, grinning at them :D