Author Topic: what's the fuckin' obsession with coffee everyone has?  (Read 585 times)

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: what's the fuckin' obsession with coffee everyone has?
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2008, 01:25:01 PM »
Pops loves to put Bailey's in his... I'm not a fan of mixing uppers and downers.
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2008, 01:43:32 PM »
whats the difference between a can of red bull and a full cup of coffee?? i really dont like the taste of coffee.. plus doesnt red bull have a high concentration of caffeine?? so why dont ppl just drink energy drinks for caffeine instead of coffee

Johnny B

« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2008, 01:49:32 PM »
I used to get coffee with 3 shots of espresso in the morning before skool since it started at like 7 AM and I was a fuckin zombie in the morning.

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2008, 03:01:24 PM »
whats the difference between a can of red bull and a full cup of coffee?? i really dont like the taste of coffee.. plus doesnt red bull have a high concentration of caffeine?? so why dont ppl just drink energy drinks for caffeine instead of coffee

Redbull and other energy drinks have a grip of sugar mixed in with the caffeine, which is a big contributer to rotting teeth..

BANANAZ

« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2008, 03:23:22 PM »

coffee is all natural,energy drinks make you crash like cocaine. i fuck with coffee and energy drinks, but i like coffee better. i drink a few cups a day if i am busy.

cStyle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2008, 03:42:47 PM »
coffee saves lifes homies!!! We got a 2000$ Coffeemaschine at work which makes all kinda coffees like latte macchiato & cappuccino its tha bomb best coffee ive drinked in my life...its best when u smoked out the evening before work and ur coming to work and cant get ur eyes open --> one hello wake the fuck up cappucchino and i can work my ass off  ;D

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2008, 03:52:34 PM »
Larry David said it best...

<a href="http://youtube.com/watch/v/nokGwO7MTwg" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://youtube.com/watch/v/nokGwO7MTwg</a>

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2008, 04:18:23 PM »
I love coffee personally, but you're right about the trend aspect of modern western coffee culture. I don't know how things are in the US, but over here I don't think it's that I see people drink more, it's rather like everyone needs their fucking Caramel-Chocolate Latte Macchiato and there's a dramatic increase in that fancy-drink lifestyle-symbol looking-good-with-the-cup-in-my-hand type of coffee-drinking. I prefer no-frills espressos (yeah, I'm that hard), and sometimes I wonder if some of those sexed-up gimmick coffee drinks (some of which consist of a subtle hint of coffee and tons of just about everything else) were basically invented for people who actually don't like the drink, but feel they have to be wit dat shit.

yup, i totally agree.. where you from Europe?
Swiss-Italian, living in Switzerland...so, having checked your profile, I guess things are the same way in the UK....probably the whole western world got kinda Starbucked.

I've never been into drinking coffee. I don't like the taste of it, and I'm far from the biggest health freak, but I've read about what caffeine does to the human body, and really...it's pretty insane. I read an article a few weeks back where a doctor stated that just one single cup of coffee in the morning has a direct effect on your sleep at night. It was an article about sleeping issues. Interesting stuff.

Anyways, I'm a high school teachers, and I think all around the world it's the same thing: most teachers are basically coffee addicts. You should see our teacher-room when we're having a break during two lesson periods. Most teachers RUSH to the coffee machine. Pathetic! Like fiends getting their fix.
And then I can't help but standing there with my glass of water, grinning at them :D
1. I think it's what caffeine can do, but I remember that, one day when I sat around at work bored, I read an article about coffee too (Wikipedia I think) and there's also interesting stuff like negative correlations between drinking coffee and heart failure and other diseases, or evidence thereof at least and whatever...I mean, if you don't like it, don't drink it, but I think most people don't feel too much of an effect from reasonable amounts. I my case, whether I sleep well or not doesn't depend too much on coffee, I'm pretty sure of that. But I've also talked to a girl once who told me that when she drinks Coke in the morning (which seems to contain negligeable amounts of caffeine), she can't sleep at night; in other words, I think this is a highly individual thing, and I doubt that your doctor stated it has similarly devastating effects on everyone...correct me if he did.

2. Well, I'm not a teacher, but while for some people the coffee machine might be the last resort, others will probably just feel like a cup of coffee like you are feeling like a glass of water or watching a movie. Caffeine does have potential for addiction, but that is pretty low, it's not comparable to smoking or alcohol. I made my point about people drinking coffee for the sake of drinking coffee without enjoying it being morons, but some of your fellow teachers might just enjoy the drink (and maybe its vitalizing effects) in a very harmless way

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2008, 04:33:34 PM »
redbull contains about 27 gm of sugar, you can easily duplicate that or more with coffee , alot of young ppl like that "koolaid " tasting coffee with lots of cream and sugar but you do have a chance with coffee to change your sugar intake pitch fuckin tar black coffee is just fuckin disgusting to me 

Ali Tha Great

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2008, 04:35:19 PM »
imo coffee wit cig's in the early hours is bomb... 8) 8) 8)

Ali Tha Great

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2008, 04:37:12 PM »

just make that cig into a 100's and i'll be set...

acgrundy

« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2008, 06:40:35 PM »
coffee is awesome

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!