Author Topic: Fitna the Movie  (Read 207 times)

JAZ

Fitna the Movie
« on: March 27, 2008, 12:11:30 PM »
Muslimextremism protest video by dutch politician Geert Wilders.

dunno how to embed this, though.

Elevz

Re: Fitna the Movie
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 03:17:26 AM »
An eye opener, to what? If anything, it should function as an eye opener to the world to see the truth about any religious freak who thinks his religion bears the ultimate truth and should be treated accordingly. That's what I thought when I saw this movie: how scary is the concept of religion, really?

Anyone with a sense for justice should realize that it's rather easy to put together a similar compilation about Christianity. There's a lot of shit in other religions too. Someone mentioned this on tv last night, in the debates that came after the release of this movie: Islam just needs time to adapt to the western values of liberalism, freedom and equality. Christianity used to be nothing like that either, but they evolved throughout the centuries. Now that the Islam has entered "the new (western) world" some decades ago, they'll need plenty of time to adapt to all of that. You can't just put all religious dogma's overboard overnight. That would create a gap that's next to impossible to fill up - I mean look at what happened to The Netherlands after the downfall of religion in the '70s. First people became hippies, fighting for ideologies beyond religion, but then came a generation of mindless idiots with no values and no principles. We'll only slowly get back from that. The Islam sure does need its time to adapt to the western world and do it carefully. When they're ready, there won't be any more honor killing or gay bashing.

There's two questions that come up here though. Will the muslims have the time to actually adapt, in a rapidly changing and hectic world? There's so much shit going on, that a 'crystalization,' such as happened to Christianity over the centuries, is unlikely to happen. There's too much stirring going on for that. But how else can the entire muslim population find peace in liberal countries? There's plenty of muslims livingin peace now in western countries, but there's still plenty of everyday conflicts involving the Islam.
Second question that comes up is, Is it even possible for the Islam to have a progressive, liberal branch, opposing the totalitarian views that exist in muslim countries? The influence on the western Islam coming from these muslim countries is still great when you look at it. It's like they've got the western muslims tied in between two worlds; that of being a liberal, and of being a muslim. Neither side will want to give in in that battle. Liberals don't want traditional muslim values to become internalized in liberal countries, whereas traditional muslims don't want their fellows to accept other doctrines, or even become godless. It's a split in which both parties cannot be satisfied at the same time.

Now as for Fitna... Wilders made his case. He did it poorly, through only attempting to stir up hatred against muslims - all he did was create the impression that every muslim is a potential terrorist. That's an incorrect view, and just about everyone knows it. He is right about the evil fundamentals of Islam though, but the same goes for just about any other religion.

Why speculate about the things we already know - about terrorists, about evil scriptures - when really, we need solutions?

Elevz

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 03:27:12 AM »
Oh and by the way, where did this post go:

LMFAO!! I just watched this an hour ago...

After all the controversy this movie has caused this is finally it?!

I don't give a fuck about Geert Wilders but I applaud him for playing the media and everybody else like he has been the last couple of months. There is absolutely NOTHING in this movie that's discriminating or offensive whatsoever to any muslim around the world, take it how you want it I would say. It's just a compilation of footage and sound clips nothing we haven't seen before and lmao at the part where you hear a tearing sound and the text on screen at that moment! Oh and that's not a picture of Theo Van Gogh's killer, it's just some no name Dutch "rapper" trying to look like Mohammed B. ---> very sloppy Geert!

I'm not a racist whatsoever or whatever, I have muslim fiends in fact some of my best friends are muslim, one of my ex-girlfriends is a muslim so that's not even an issue but I'm with this. This movie should wake people up it's a real eye-opener I mean look and listen people.

Let the discussion begin...

Australian Bastard

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2008, 04:51:38 AM »
The only reason I don't like documentaries like this is because stupid people  see this and think: "oooh that explain everything! Koran make mooslim want to kill us!"  Which is probably true for their counterparts, stupid muslim people. However, in actuality nothing is ever that simple...
« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 05:04:54 AM by Illuminatus Overfiendus »

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2008, 07:34:32 AM »
Oh and by the way, where did this post go:

LMFAO!! I just watched this an hour ago...

After all the controversy this movie has caused this is finally it?!

I don't give a fuck about Geert Wilders but I applaud him for playing the media and everybody else like he has been the last couple of months. There is absolutely NOTHING in this movie that's discriminating or offensive whatsoever to any muslim around the world, take it how you want it I would say. It's just a compilation of footage and sound clips nothing we haven't seen before and lmao at the part where you hear a tearing sound and the text on screen at that moment! Oh and that's not a picture of Theo Van Gogh's killer, it's just some no name Dutch "rapper" trying to look like Mohammed B. ---> very sloppy Geert!

I'm not a racist whatsoever or whatever, I have muslim fiends in fact some of my best friends are muslim, one of my ex-girlfriends is a muslim so that's not even an issue but I'm with this. This movie should wake people up it's a real eye-opener I mean look and listen people.

Let the discussion begin...

Thanks for putting it back up saves me the trouble of retyping it.

An eye opener, to what? If anything, it should function as an eye opener to the world to see the truth about any religious freak who thinks his religion bears the ultimate truth and should be treated accordingly. That's what I thought when I saw this movie: how scary is the concept of religion, really?

That's what I meant look at the people that are in this movie, these fanatics are dangerous with abslolutly no sense of morals or respect for humanity whatsoever. And that one muthafucka can't remember his name but the Dutch white guy who became a muslim, that bitch should be deported to the middle east somewhere so he can practice his bullshit over there. Same goes for all imam extremists that reside in Holland cause it's very simple: you don't like it here, you don't have respect for democracy, Holland, Europe and the western civilization as a whole, then that's fine that's on you but then there's absolutely no place here for you. Get the fuck back to where ever the fuck you came from and stop fucking it up for all the righteous and real muslims, the ones that have adapted while still maintaining their own culture, the ones that have jobs or go to school, the ones that just live their lives with their friends and families and go about their business, the ones that condone terrorism etc etc.

Now as for Fitna... Wilders made his case. He did it poorly, through only attempting to stir up hatred against muslims - all he did was create the impression that every muslim is a potential terrorist. That's an incorrect view, and just about everyone knows it. He is right about the evil fundamentals of Islam though, but the same goes for just about any other religion.

Why speculate about the things we already know - about terrorists, about evil scriptures - when really, we need solutions?

I don't think he's attempting to stir up hatred against muslims in general (why would he??) and he certainly did not create the impression that every muslim is a potential terrorist. What gave you that idea? He's pointing out the evil fundamentals of Islam like you said and that's a good point (hell that was the point of the whole movie) he has cause there are people like that over here. It's true that every religion holds extreme elements and that's always a dangerous thing but no other religion is wrongfully represented like the Islam. IMO it's the people themselves that are doing this not religion, people do things in name of their god but that's bullshit people do it themselves and everybody is responsible for their own actions but these cowards hide behind their religion giving it and their followers a bad name.

The only reason I don't like documentaries like this is because stupid people  see this and think: "oooh that explain everything! Koran make mooslim want to kill us!"  Which is probably true for their counterparts, stupid muslim people. However, in actuality nothing is ever that simple...

You got a point there but IMO this movie wasn't intended fo stupid people, read between the lines when you view it and keep an open mind.

But back to the movie: I already expected this to happen, the whole fucking world was pushing the panic button before someone had even saw 1 second of the movie and now that it has finally been released all the controversy was about nothing. No burnings of the holy book or anything like that, just a compilation of stuff and now all those people who were screaming bloody murder before sat with a stupid look on their face after viewing the movie yesterday.

~Loyalty Is Everything~

Australian Bastard

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2008, 04:12:06 AM »
^
"wasn't intended for supid people" c'mon, this ain't no investigative journalism with some reporter spending 12 months living, eating and shiting with the Taliban, every second of the documentary is aimed at one point: that the Koran and Islam itself promotes terrorism, the documentary dosn't even try to criticise it's own hypothesis. "Wasn't intended for stupid people" LOL.

Islam or the Koran is not the issue. People are responsible for their own actions, not a book.

When you stand before GOD, you cannot say-
"but I was told by others to do thus",
that will not suffice.
Your soul is in your keeping alone.

That's what I meant look at the people that are in this movie, these fanatics are dangerous with abslolutly no sense of morals or respect for humanity whatsoever. And that one muthafucka can't remember his name but the Dutch white guy who became a muslim, that bitch should be deported to the middle east somewhere so he can practice his bullshit over there. Same goes for all imam extremists that reside in Holland cause it's very simple: you don't like it here, you don't have respect for democracy, Holland, Europe and the western civilization as a whole, then that's fine that's on you but then there's absolutely no place here for you. Get the fuck back to where ever the fuck you came from and stop fucking it up for all the righteous and real muslims, the ones that have adapted while still maintaining their own culture, the ones that have jobs or go to school, the ones that just live their lives with their friends and families and go about their business, the ones that condone terrorism etc etc.
^
The real issue is not the Koran or Islam itself. Part of the real issue is actually trying to be expressed in your post (which I do empathise with btw), and that is the issue of immigration. I agree it was extremely stupid for the government to allow such ignorant and ungrateful assholes en masse into europe, I mean yall didn't kick the Moors out of Spain for nothing right? Muslims are fine, but remember there are dickheads in every society son, I maintain, whats wrong with shit like this documentary is that stupid people watch it and it fucking reinforces their ignorance.

JAZ

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2008, 05:28:52 AM »
live leak took it offline due terrorist threats from muslim extremists.

Elevz

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2008, 07:30:13 AM »
live leak took it offline due terrorist threats from muslim extremists.

They know where your house lives! :D

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2008, 09:48:49 AM »
I think the high-pitched voice those idiots get while getting excited over spouting bullshit is hilarious as fuck
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin