Author Topic: Exclusive:Interview With West Coast Legend Kam (Dr. Dre/Ice Cube/Nate Dogg/More)  (Read 801 times)

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
real dope interview, +1 Lunatic.

MY FIRST LOVE WAS HIP HOP

• Muthafuckin' Don!
props!

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
thanks for the interview  :)

to be honest i'm more interested in a Kam soloalbum than the warzone project but i'll check it out when it drops.

Did you ask him about Guerrilla Funk and Paris?
yeah,I would like some info on that as well. A Kam album produced by Paris would be dope!
i'll mention it next time. I didn't want to include to many "any contact with" questions (did dre and cube and nate dogg as a follow up question) or else it'd get a bit repetitive..
true, but Paris could provide the platform for a new Kam soloalbum; Kam isn't really able to put out an album independantly by himself (yet) and no label wants to work with him he says.

Murder Dem Murders was my favorite track in 07,and is still in HEAVY rotation.
yeah i've been listening a lot to that track too; the first time i heard it i thought the track was a little repetetive though.
shame it was never really finished.

Lunatic

props to all once again!
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

HEC

Luna your doing the damn thing! really refreshing to hear Kam speak on alot of things, the man seems very opinionated yet humble at the same time. Looking forward to the Warzone project

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
props Lunatic, great job with this one!

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
like I already said, some really good shit Luna.Good to hear from Kam, it's really been a minute since the last time
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

--Vance--

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You can't spell Dilate without L.A.
props Lunatic, great job with this one!

Shango

props...and keep them interviews comin'

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
props...and keep them interviews comin'

Chad Vader

to be honest i'm more interested in a Kam soloalbum than the warzone project but i'll check it out when it drops.

yep,Warzone donīt feel natural  :P
But I see what Snoop is trying to do though. ;)

yeah,I would like some info on that as well. A Kam album produced by Paris would be dope!
i'll mention it next time. I didn't want to include to many "any contact with" questions
(did dre and cube and nate dogg as a follow up question) or else it'd get a bit repetitive..
true, but Paris could provide the platform for a new Kam soloalbum;
Kam isn't really able to put out an album independantly by himself (yet) and no label wants to work with him he says.

I suspect that Paris is a control freak,I mean he wrote all of Chuck Dīs lyrics on "Rebith of a nation".
I also suspect that he told Ren to not to cuss on the track they did together,I mean when was the last time you heard a clean Ren verse/track? The only one I can think of on top of my head is "Mayday on the frontline" OG that appears on the CB4 OST.
How long has Kam been signed to Paris again? There must be a reason for that almost no material is produced (that we know off).

yeah i've been listening a lot to that track too;
the first time i heard it i thought the track was a little repetetive though.

Iīve said it many times,shit sounds like a 2007/8 version of NWA.
Love Kamīs lyrics,the beat is fire.... damn I miss hardcore shit like this!  :D
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 11:23:22 AM by Chad Vader Supporter of the Kill Jimmy Iovine Movement »

Lunatic

Eddie: thanks a whole lot for that my dude, I appreciate the positive feedback.

props 2 all y'all!
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

D-Stress

props.
dope int.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace

yep,Warzone donīt feel natural  :P
But I see what Snoop is trying to do though. ;)
yeah; i doubt it will sell well ( not sure how much the big squeeze sold) for an indie record, but perhaps the release could still spawn interest for Koch to sign the group members as 3 soloacts ( in our case, we're mainly interested in Kam  :laugh: ).

i'll mention it next time. I didn't want to include to many "any contact with" questions
(did dre and cube and nate dogg as a follow up question) or else it'd get a bit repetitive..
true, but Paris could provide the platform for a new Kam soloalbum;
Kam isn't really able to put out an album independantly by himself (yet) and no label wants to work with him he says.

I suspect that Paris is a control freak,I mean he wrote all of Chuck Dīs lyrics on "Rebith of a nation".
I also suspect that he told Ren to not to cuss on the track they did together,I mean when was the last time you heard a clean Ren verse/track? The only one I can think of on top of my head is "Mayday on the frontline" OG that appears on the CB4 OST.
How long has Kam been signed to Paris again? There must be a reason for that almost no material is produced (that we know off).
never really looked it like that. but yeah it was kind of strange that he wrote the whole Public Enemy album and demanded Ren not to cuss  :laugh:
offcourse it's your theory, but the control thing could explain why the Ren soloalbum on Paris' label was cancelled ( Paris said that Ren decided to retire, but Ren is working with RBX now, so his comment doesn't make any sense  :-\ ).

by the way, are you sure that Kam is signed to Paris' label? i thought he was just an affiliate (aka a Hard Truth Soldier  :D)?

yeah i've been listening a lot to that track too;
the first time i heard it i thought the track was a little repetetive though.

Iīve said it many times,shit sounds like a 2007/8 version of NWA.
Love Kamīs lyrics,the beat is fire.... damn I miss hardcore shit like this!  :D
yeah the lyrics  are Raw  8)

anyway, i thought that this was a little confusing:
regarding the “Murder Dem Murderers” track, do you own the rights to that?

That beat belongs to Dr. Dre but the lyrics are mine; I wrote that record. It was originally in response for when they executed Stanley “Tookie” Williams. It was never really finished and a lot of people got real scared over that record. I am known for saying stuff that is super politically incorrect and it’s too much for them. I have to respect that, I don’t want to get anybody in trouble that is not ready for trouble (laughs). I was born and raised in trouble so I don’t really care.
if the beat belong to dre, why was Kam able to put it on his myspace page  :-\

Chad Vader

yeah; i doubt it will sell well ( not sure how much the big squeeze sold) for an indie record, but perhaps the release could still spawn interest for Koch to sign the group members as 3 soloacts ( in our case, we're mainly interested in Kam  :laugh: ).

Goldie ainīt that bad,but I donīt really see him as solo artist. Maybe itīs because Iīm used to hear him with Tray-D?
MC Eith is a real hit and miss dude,Represent was the last album I really felt from him.  :P
Kam,hmm itīs been a while since "Neva again". His last album was so,so it had a couple of dope tracks but overall it was little ehhh  :P

never really looked it like that.
but yeah it was kind of strange that he wrote the whole Public Enemy album and demanded Ren not to cuss  :laugh:
offcourse it's your theory,but the control thing could explain why the Ren soloalbum on Paris' label was cancelled
(Paris said that Ren decided to retire, but Ren is working with RBX now, so his comment doesn't make any sense  :-\ ).

Well,itīs only a theory not a fact  ;) ;) I just found the whole thing a little odd  :P.
But it could explain why Ren cancelled the project and why Kamīs project is still in the air.

by the way, are you sure that Kam is signed to Paris' label?
i thought he was just an affiliate (aka a Hard Truth Soldier  :D)?

Nope,Iīm not sure.  ;)