Author Topic: T.I. Is Pleading Guilty To Weapons Charges..Prison Time Details Inside..  (Read 1042 times)

Lunatic

By ERRIN HAINES and HARRY R. WEBER – 1 hour ago
ATLANTA (AP) — Rapper T.I. was expected to plead guilty Thursday to federal weapons charges and will face prison time, according to two people familiar with his case.
The 27-year-old singer, whose real name is Clifford Harris, was expected to be sentenced to 1,500 hours of community service talking to youth groups around the country, followed by about 12 months in prison, according to two people familiar with the negotiations who spoke on condition of anonymity because the plea deal had not been finalized yet Thursday morning.
His prison time could be increased or reduced, depending on his fulfillment of the terms of the deal and good behavior, they said. His talks to youth groups are supposed to be about the pitfalls of guns, gangs and drugs.
The U.S. Attorney in Atlanta announced a change-of-plea hearing was scheduled Thursday afternoon at the federal courthouse. Prosecution officials were expected to speak to the media after the hearing.
U.S. District Judge Charles Pannell Jr. must approve the deal.
Harris was arrested Oct. 13, just blocks away and hours before he was to headline the BET Hip-Hop Awards in Atlanta.
He was charged with possession of unregistered machine guns and silencers, as well as possession of firearms by a convicted felon. He faced a maximum of 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine for each count.
Harris was allegedly trying to buy unregistered machine guns and silencers. He initially pleaded not guilty, and has been under house arrest since he was released on $3 million bond Oct. 26.
He is co-CEO of Grand Hustle Records and one of Atlantic Records' most successful artists.
Harris grew up in Atlanta. His first taste of success came with his 2003 album, "Trap Muzik." In 2004, warrants were issued for his arrest on probation violations for a drug conviction, and he was sentenced to three years behind bars.
His sixth album, "T.I. vs. T.I.P.," was released July 3 and debuted at No. 1.
He co-starred in the 2007 film "American Gangster" with Denzel Washington and Russell Crowe.

if your a TI fan, good news ;D

lets pray to god the judge approves 8)
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

smegma

Let's hope he gets life :)

NillerTheKid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
See these fans can't resist the rush,
they Wu-Tang for life
Scarred for life,
they can't forget the cuts

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Why in hell is he suddenly only getting like a few months?
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Lunatic

i knew some haters would be mad (not u 7even) :D  face it..whether y'all like it or not he pretty much beat the case..major success for him..wont negatively affect his career at all

7even: i got no clue how this happened lol

Tha Crip

they probally felt that 3 million bond was punishment enough  :P jk....damn thats messed up...money talks tho i guess...only 12 months (possibly) and prodigy gets 3 years for one lil pistol and this dude has a shitload of machine guns and silencers lol....i aint no hater but damn dudes getting a slap on the wrist compared to what i thought he was gonna get (decades in jail i figured lol), speakin of prodigy i wonder when the fuck his albums gonna leak...i wanna hear that shit bad  8)....btw props Luni
"I F**k Wit Feds Magazine"

GangstaBoogy

I hope so. T.I. has become my one my favorite artist so I'd hate to see him get life (even tho his stupidass deserves it). I can deal with a year.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Invincible

I hope so. T.I. has become my one my favorite artist so I'd hate to see him get life (even tho his stupidass deserves it). I can deal with a year.

But then only serve about 4-6 months of it. Yer i could deal with that.

AnybodyKilla

Fuck ya im happy, damn i didnt wanna see Tip go out like that. He has become 1 of my fav southern rappers aswell. Hopefully he gets this shit over n done with quickly and gets back in the game!!!

~Lucien~

Lunatic

Let's hope he gets life :)
already been sentenced to a year and one day a year from today..and he'll likely get 15% of that knocked off..T.I. beat this shit :laugh:

DPGC23

DAM, THAT SUCKS
2 BAD HE DIDNT GET MORE JAIL TIME,
HOPEFULLY HE GETS SOME DISEASE N COMES OUT CRIPPLED

DPGC23
WWW.927KKUU.COM
WWW.MYSPACE.COM/BASEMENT24
WWW.BASEMENTRADIO.FM
10P TO 1A PACIFIC SAT NITES

WWW.BASEMENT24.PROBOARDS.COM
BASEBALL FAR AWAY WHISTLEEEEEEEE

Lunatic

DAM, THAT SUCKS
2 BAD HE DIDNT GET MORE JAIL TIME,
HOPEFULLY HE GETS SOME DISEASE N COMES OUT CRIPPLED

DPGC23
hater much? :laugh:

4 straight platinum albums and counting 8)

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
good news. it always puts a smile on my face when someone beats a case of this magnitude. hopefully the bodyguard that snitched gets hit wit bullets from an automatic strap wit a silencer
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

Lunatic

good news. it always puts a smile on my face when someone beats a case of this magnitude. hopefully the bodyguard that snitched gets hit wit bullets from an automatic strap wit a silencer
:laugh:

im shittin my pants right now if im that bodyguard..shit didnt go down as he expected..2 bad mutha fucka, nice try.