Author Topic: Escapism is Better then Reality  (Read 248 times)

morbidenigma

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Escapism is Better then Reality
« on: March 17, 2008, 04:48:15 PM »
I Like escapism, I like the escape from the sadness and bullshit of reality, it allows me to forget a bleak reality and what upsets me even for a small but temporary while. I would say im content with life, but have never been ‘happy’ in life. I suppose I’ve never been good at trying to make other people happy so im not going to start doing it now. I could pretend to be this 'nice guy' but I’d feel as if I’m being fake.

Im the kind of person who loves my own space and when im do something away from the real world and real people im not going to be judged the way people so harshly do in reality. In real life i have my family who never hesitate to put me down, and destroy my already low self esteem. Something liking scoring goals on Pro Evo shit man, that makes the pain go for a few seconds.

Just listening to some music, watching a film, internet, playing games, shit real life doesn’t give me that excitement and temporary happiness. Living in reality and dealing with human experiences is just too much drama and emotion for me. Every one gets sensitive every now and then over the smallest of details. You also have to deal with people ego’s which just adds to the bullshit

And the best thing about it is u can use your imagination to what your perceive is entertaining to you, even if its not something productive. Ur creativity and fantasies have no limits.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Escapism is Better then Reality
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 04:54:30 PM »

First of all there is nothing wrong with escapism in doses but those who believe that escaping reality changes things are living in cloud cuckoo land. The very reason for the hellish and that's what it is, predicament that we are faced with right now is due to willful ignorance apathy and disconnect. While we went to sleep the bastards were working a night and day shift against us. If people don't snap out of this mind state, then everything is fucked, every privilege, every luxury, everything that was taken for granted.

Australian Bastard

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 08:15:52 PM »
Reality is fucked up, Buddha was right, it is a cycle of pain and misery with occasional periods of love and happiness and as it is a cycle we are destined to move from dark into light over and over.... but reality is also interesting and wonderous, the misery, pain and all... when you achieve something in real life it can echo through eternity...

My advice is to seek the enlightenment homie, meditate & get the knowledge on, build heaven within yourself, because the harsh realities of this world will not cease today or tomorrow, in this life or the next...

"We come from Kings and Queens, people with dreams, Gods and Earths
For what it's worth, you benefit the Earth with infinite worth
"

-Big Pun,Punishment ft. Prospect.

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;
None but ourselves can free our minds.

-Bob Marley, Redemption Song.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/0SGX1sRKYP4&amp;hl=en&amp;autoplay=0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/0SGX1sRKYP4&amp;hl=en&amp;autoplay=0</a>
The RZA ft. Tekitha, Build Strong.

***
"Salvation isn't just about being saved after you die, its also about being saved from yourself while you're still alive"
                                                                             ***
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 04:24:32 AM by Illuminatus Overfiendus »

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 06:23:12 AM »
I Like escapism, I like the escape from the sadness and bullshit of reality, it allows me to forget a bleak reality and what upsets me even for a small but temporary while. I would say im content with life, but have never been ‘happy’ in life. I suppose I’ve never been good at trying to make other people happy so im not going to start doing it now. I could pretend to be this 'nice guy' but I’d feel as if I’m being fake.

Im the kind of person who loves my own space and when im do something away from the real world and real people im not going to be judged the way people so harshly do in reality. In real life i have my family who never hesitate to put me down, and destroy my already low self esteem. Something liking scoring goals on Pro Evo shit man, that makes the pain go for a few seconds.

Just listening to some music, watching a film, internet, playing games, shit real life doesn’t give me that excitement and temporary happiness. Living in reality and dealing with human experiences is just too much drama and emotion for me. Every one gets sensitive every now and then over the smallest of details. You also have to deal with people ego’s which just adds to the bullshit

And the best thing about it is u can use your imagination to what your perceive is entertaining to you, even if its not something productive. Ur creativity and fantasies have no limits.

Somebody ought to beat the shit out of both of your parents. 

morbidenigma

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 06:08:56 PM »
LOL aint that bad.. that mans has to resort to violence..

Elevz

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2008, 08:16:08 AM »
Some questions arise.

I Like escapism, I like the escape from the sadness and bullshit of reality, it allows me to forget a bleak reality and what upsets me even for a small but temporary while.

But actually why does reality seem upsetting and full of sadness and bullshit?

I would say im content with life, but have never been ‘happy’ in life.

Are you content with not having been happy? If you were, you probably wouldn't have made this thread. If you're not, that means you're not really content with your life. That's the first step towards making a progress: facing reality. It's here. It's real. Look straight at it. You control it. Not somebody else. You've got the power to change, if that's what you find necessary. But first, you must accept reality.

I suppose I’ve never been good at trying to make other people happy so im not going to start doing it now.

What on earth made you think your goal is to make other people happy? How did you expect to become happy through being some slave for other people's entertainment? Get real now. Even if you could make other people happy like no other, do you think that would automatically reflect back onto yourself and your life?

You don't live for other people. Stop seeing other people as your goal, and stop measuring yourself through them. There's no point in it. There will always be someone for you to envy, someone to look up to, someone to make you feel small. Don't even bother with that. Look at who you are, what you can do, your potentials, the things you want to do, the things you should do. You can only live for yourself, if you're wishing to become happy. Happiness is selfish.

I could pretend to be this 'nice guy' but I’d feel as if I’m being fake.

Pretending to be anything you're not, would be fake. But why does fakeness even bother you, when you said you don't care about reality anyway?

There you have it: the exact reason why you're not happy. You can't be happy in reality when you despise that very reality, but you couldn't fully let go of it either (seeing as you still wouldn't want to fake stuff). But guess what, there's no way for anyone to ever fully let go of reality. If you'd do that, you'd become insane within 24 hours (technically speaking: from a lack of stimuli) and you'd die within a few days (you wouldn't be drinking or eating if reality didn't matter, would you?).

It's an interesting aspect though. You say you're trying to escape reality and such escapism brings you relief from the burdens of reality. Yet you're not willing to fully cheat on reality by assuming characteristics you don't really have (the fake nice guy) and altering reality to your wishes. There's one conclusion to be drawn from that: you're not insane. That's a good start.

Im the kind of person who loves my own space and when im do something away from the real world and real people im not going to be judged the way people so harshly do in reality. In real life i have my family who never hesitate to put me down, and destroy my already low self esteem.

It seems you would have needed more careful handling. I don't know about the way you were being raised, but it certainly appears you haven't been stimulated to make the best of yourself. Imagine if you beat a puppy over and over again, there's hardly any chance it'll grow out to be a loving and loyal dog. Love isn't unconditional, and it takes a 'human' approach to really get you anywhere.
What your parents most likely did to you, was create a total state of confusion around you. Young kids can't handle that, when they're trying to learn about the way the world operates. They probably did stress your wrong doings a lot more than they gave you compliments for the things you did right. The result is that you only knew when things were wrong, but never when anything was right. Perhaps they'd expected you to learn the workings of life best when they kept confronting you with everything you didn't do as they thought it should have been done. But it's not only trial and error that makes a child learn; what's most important to a child is to explore for himself, discover through experimenting, and being confronted with the results of his actions. If you don't keep your feet going, you will fall off your bike. You'll remember it, because you wouldn't want that to happen again next time.
Instead of telling you how you did it all wrong, some sympathy from your parents and some inspiration for keeping your explorations going, surely would have made a big difference in your approach to life many years later. It's only an example, but I know almost for certain that you were being held back in such a way during your entire development as a child. However don't hold that against your parents. It's up to you now to keep yourself going. Despising things of the past will get you nowhere.

What I mean to say by all of this is rather simple: yes, you did go through some trouble, but you're a grown man now. There's no need to keep up the role of the victim, when you know you're in total control over your actions. You're a worthy human being and you probably haven't even taken the time to discover your own potentials yet! All of that just because you thought you couldn't live up to other people - because they bothered you too much, resulting in you feeling down and not wanting to cope with reality? Are you really going to let them do that to your life?

Something liking scoring goals on Pro Evo shit man, that makes the pain go for a few seconds.

It isn't wrong to search for joy through entertainment, but the reasons you mention are definately bothering me. If people around you decide to be a bunch of cunts, let them be. Laugh at them, and don't let them distract you. Follow your own road, wherever that may lead you. Perhaps the way you've been experiencing life is made to what it is, precisely because you've been afraid of having an ego for yourself. There's nothing wrong with ego's though. Without ego, there's no you; without you, there's no joy in you. Let others feed off each other all they want, if that's what they desire, but you should follow your own road. That's all there is to it. Decide for yourself what's good. Discover yourself, and shine with your discoveries.

Yet that won't change anything about reality. Sure, use your fantasy and creativity all you want, but don't fool yourself with it.

In short:
* Hiding from something won't scare the thing you're hiding from away. That's why it's of extreme importance to accept reality. First comes accepting who you are in the world you're living in.
* Self-esteem comes next. Realize that self-esteem is a selfish feature, and that caring for yourself is NOT a sin. You need it to survive in a state of mental healthiness. So be aware of who you are, what you are, and why you are. Know where you want to go.
* Progress is a process that comes along the way. Through knowing who you are and where you want to go, you can start moving towards your goals. Whether it be becoming the greatest Pro Evolution Soccer player in the world, or a best selling author, or a perfectly happy busband who raises his kids for a great prosperous future - as long as you realize that in achieving these things, any attempt to escape from reality will only lead you astray.
* Reality is precisely what you need. The sense of reality is man's greatest possession. Trying to escape from it, is a weakened form of suicide. Instead, it makes much more sense to use your sense of reality the best you can. Your cognitive faculty will give you plenty of ideas on what to do next, as long as you let it recognize reality.

If you're willing to dig deeper into issues of self-esteem, to improve your understanding of the workings of your mind state, I suggest you read some books by Nathaniel Branden. He is an Objectivist psychotherapist who has written a great many books on self-esteem and self-confidence. He has a very clear writing style, so even to someone who's not into psychology, it shouldn't be hard to make sense of it.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2008, 08:25:30 AM »
You definitely should do some drugs, preferably heroin.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2008, 01:26:21 PM »
Nice thread, we used to get threads like this all the time on this forum.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

morbidenigma

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2008, 08:07:26 AM »
Eleven 2 Thre.. thanks 4 ur reply..all i can say is WOW

when i have abit of time.. ill read what u wrote carefully and reply