Author Topic: Documentary. Decadence: The Meaninglessness of Life, Episode: MONEY.  (Read 246 times)

Australian Bastard

MONEY.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/M62YZ6NQXrY&amp;hl=en" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/M62YZ6NQXrY&amp;hl=en</a>
Part I.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/7PltQ9fuVNk&amp;hl=en" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/7PltQ9fuVNk&amp;hl=en</a>
Part II.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/tiUadvCa3Hs&amp;hl=en" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/tiUadvCa3Hs&amp;hl=en</a>
Part III.

Australian SBS television documentary, produced and mostly but not exclusively filmed in Melbourne (represent represent). 

Next episode is SEX.

Peace.
-HIGH PRIEST OVERFIENDUS OF THE GRAND LODGE OF THE OCHRE KANGAROO.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 04:45:42 AM by Illuminatus Overfiendus »

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!

I think the problem is that this documentary seems to be indicating that the free market has had the opposite effect for which it was intended and therefore we need less free market and more government control and intervention. However I disagree with this line of thinking because while I can agree that the market has been detrimental to society, I disagree with this notion that it's a free market, it's not a free market, it's a private corporate market in which the oligopolies have cemented their position in the market not through healthy free and fair competition but in openly colluding with it's other competitors to ensure that the main players in the market are safeguarded from each other. Having said that of course, I think this is a good documentary overall but offers little in substance from what we didn't know already. I think the reality is everyone knows how detrimental this has been to our society but they are so busy and concerned and gripped with trying to keep their heads above water that they never really have time to fully acknowledge and understand just how deep into the quick sand their feet have sunk. I am not saying the documentary is useless and props for posting it and I guess it is interesting to hear this perspective from someone who wasn't born in the west although from the seems of it, he has been on Australian shores for many years, or at least that is what I am guessing.

Australian Bastard

^
I don't think the documentary was advocating more government intervention or less (thats a tug of war argument really, generally you cannot say more governemnt is bad or good, the level of intervention needed is relative to the situation IMO).

These documentaries are pretty much just trying to show reality and our society's surprising hypocrisies and conundrums, to take a step back and look at society as if we are outside of it looking at it as we would look at a picture for a change, because we are usually in the picture ourselves. Its good to do that, we need that, Koyaanisqatsi trilogy style...

I disagree with this line of thinking because while I can agree that the market has been detrimental to society, I disagree with this notion that it's a free market, it's not a free market, it's a private corporate market in which the oligopolies have cemented their position in the market not through healthy free and fair competition but in openly colluding with it's other competitors

Whether the free market is really free or not is a technical argument really, I mean, McDonalds started out as a small affair, most big corporations all started out as small operations, IMO its simply in the market's nature to lean towards oligarchy, and its not like even McDonalds itself is 100% safe, they can always have a bad year, its just certain INDIVIDUALS like CEOs won't be affected with their multi-million dollar salaries, whereas the little dude investing in the company that makes Micky D's straws will....big corporations can even change hands, be liquidated, the composite of the oligarchy itself is not written in stone, seats of power move from shore to shore, riches and power have changed from ruler to ruler down through history...What society's like Freemasons and such try to do is lay cliam and create the impression of order and lineage of power behind all the powerbases and intellectual strongholds and movements throughout history...when infact the seed of wisdom and power has the potential to grow in any mind, regardless of lineage or traditions...

IMO, when you take a step back, you kinda see that everything that is happening now, its a constant cycle. There is always going to be a Bush/Hitler/antichrist/Stalin/Mao/Illuminati/Vatican/Inqusition/Gestapo/CIA/NWO....we are confronted always with the same problems, indiviudally and at large, they just seem like new age modern problems because we don't place much empathy on what happens outside of our individual lives, we been through the same shit before....and if you offer an answer like less government or more, chances are that answer has been offered to that problem in the past before aswell...

Standing on the street corner is a...brother...
...stating the news that the revolution is coming
and you better get ready, sort of like....
the end of the world is coming, unfortunetly
the world is just gonna drag on and on

-Masta Killa, Street Corner.

...and on and on and on...

IMO, knowing is, in part: knowing that you don't actually know anything absolutely for sure....

Peace

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Shit, half of Australians make 70k a year? I think I found my new home.

Australian Bastard

^
word. we also got a thang called 'the dole', basically you can live off the taxpayer all you have to do is act like you can't get a job...I got mates who've not worked for years and just live on the dole, plus the country is fucking beautiful, we got a whole continent to ourselves!

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
^^^LOL but do they have black women? I gotta hear a black girl with an Aussie accent. lol

Australian Bastard

^lol of course, (personally im into the asian women tho)....move here, find yoself a nice black girl and leave behind  the life of 'set-claiming' and 'mean mugging' in the US...

^sum aboriginal chick

« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 04:27:22 PM by Illuminatus Overfiendus »

Money

what do you want?

..ohhhh tities!!!

Australian Bastard

what do you want?

..ohhhh tities!!!

exactly, titties shalt heal the world.