Author Topic: Are you worried Laker fans?  (Read 552 times)

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

Are you worried Laker fans?
« on: March 28, 2008, 10:56:05 PM »
Just curious. Having a lil hiccup in the win column isnt the end of the world...and you guys are missing some guys. But damn....Charlotte AND Memphis? I think the most concerning thing for you guys is the D. Farmar is gonna be a real liability defending the point in the playoffs. You guys might not face Baron Davis. But theres a very good posibility of goin up against Paul or Parker... :-X
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

wcsoldier

Re: Are you worried Laker fans?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 11:01:53 PM »
Yes I'm worried .. regardless the injuries , these 2 losses should have been easy wins .. the defense is PATHETIC and the offense is nothing but 3pt shots .. we"ll see with what roster we'll begin the playoffs .. hopefully Bynum will be there to anchor the paint , if not our PG defense will be exposed as you said ..

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 11:05:22 PM »
Yes I'm worried .. regardless the injuries , these 2 losses should have been easy wins .. the defense is PATHETIC and the offense is nothing but 3pt shots .. we"ll see with what roster we'll begin the playoffs .. hopefully Bynum will be there to anchor the paint , if not our PG defense will be exposed as you said ..

defending the three also a problem...and playin a zone defense would make it worse, but maybe help keep some of these point guards in the West out of the paint.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

wcsoldier

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2008, 11:23:18 PM »
Ariza was the perfect player to defend the 3 .. Phil doesn't want to play Newble ... when your two best defensive players aren't there , it badly hurts your overall team defense ..  still the thing is the team doesn't seem to care about their defensive weaknesses ... when Phil breakdowns a loss , he barely talks about the poor defensive effort , he prefers to talk about bad shots , team spacing ect ... the fact is defense still wins titles ..

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2008, 12:24:36 AM »
More like pissed. Even without Bynum, Ariza, and Gasol we're better than Charlotte and the fuckin Grizzlies!

We should have 52 wins already (we choked away the last 2 and that Sacramento game, I won't even include opening night and the 2 Golden State games).
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2008, 12:33:41 AM »
Ariza was the perfect player to defend the 3 .. Phil doesn't want to play Newble ... when your two best defensive players aren't there , it badly hurts your overall team defense ..  still the thing is the team doesn't seem to care about their defensive weaknesses ... when Phil breakdowns a loss , he barely talks about the poor defensive effort , he prefers to talk about bad shots , team spacing ect ... the fact is defense still wins titles ..

yeah. thing is, good defense is good defense. Focusing on offense too much is just stupid. Any team can have a bad shooting night. But defense is constant. Either youre good, or youre not. Every team in the playoffs will be able to score points....not all of them can play D. That will be the difference.

wcsoldier

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2008, 01:26:24 AM »

yeah. thing is, good defense is good defense. Focusing on offense too much is just stupid. Any team can have a bad shooting night. But defense is constant. Either youre good, or youre not. Every team in the playoffs will be able to score points....not all of them can play D. That will be the difference.
that's why the Rockets won 22 in a row .. even with a very poor offense

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2008, 01:40:14 AM »
Lakers with Kobe, Ariza, Odom, Gasol, and Bynum in the line-up will take care of business defensively... I'm not worried.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2008, 03:45:40 AM »
Lakers with Kobe, Ariza, Odom, Gasol, and Bynum in the line-up will take care of business defensively... I'm not worried.

Me too. But we betta step our game up NOW.

wcsoldier

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2008, 01:04:20 PM »
^^^^ yep we need to step it up with the current roster ... healthy and the Lakers can't be mentionned in the same sentence since like when ?  something like 2002  :-X

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2008, 02:58:58 PM »
Not worried... I think these two losses will serve as a good slap in the face that wakes you up at 1 am. on a lonely highway.... I know Kobe feels that sting and he's going to make sure the rest of the team feels it too.
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2008, 06:21:46 PM »

yeah. Saying "not worried" for a team that has yet to prove anything in the playoffs is almost stupid. But not everybody has the courage to admit their real feelings about their team. Its possible to say you are "worried" and still be a fan. Im not saying the Lakers are done because of the last few games. But a teams defense isnt good because of just one or two guys. Team defense wins titles. If I were a Laker fan Id be more worried with how lazy they look on D lately. Thats an attitude, not lack of skill. They better get it together soon. The West is too good to not be mentally 100% come playoff time.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2008, 08:02:21 PM »

yeah. Saying "not worried" for a team that has yet to prove anything in the playoffs is almost stupid. But not everybody has the courage to admit their real feelings about their team. Its possible to say you are "worried" and still be a fan. Im not saying the Lakers are done because of the last few games. But a teams defense isnt good because of just one or two guys. Team defense wins titles. If I were a Laker fan Id be more worried with how lazy they look on D lately. Thats an attitude, not lack of skill. They better get it together soon. The West is too good to not be mentally 100% come playoff time.

No team would be good defnsively with their top perimeter defender and whole center rotation injured...Frankly, I'd be WAY more worried if I were a fan of the old ass Spurs.

Man On The Moon

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'll Be Posted With My Blunt and A Brew...
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2008, 09:41:21 PM »
Look at my screen name. Does it look like I'm worried?

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2008, 09:41:55 PM »
Not in The least.