Author Topic: Snoop chimes in on Detox delay  (Read 2146 times)

Johnny B

Re: Snoop chimes in on Detox delay
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2008, 02:38:05 PM »
Yeah, Dre needs to learn from Snoop and churn out 3-4 mediocre albums in the time it's taken for Detox to be made, sounds like a plan
you don't need 6 years to make a classic album .. We all know Dre can't meet the expectations anymore and he still thinks the fans believe this perfectionnist argument .. LOL

If he can make a classic album he can take as long as he likes, exactly who is his competition? No one else on the west coast are making classics

So you're fine with him delayin Detox this long? That's basically what you said. This album might be a classic but it will NEVER live up to the expectations.

Ali Tha Great

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2008, 02:42:42 PM »
LOL.... Somebody need to pass Dre the blunt!

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2008, 02:48:16 PM »
Yeah, Dre needs to learn from Snoop and churn out 3-4 mediocre albums in the time it's taken for Detox to be made, sounds like a plan
you don't need 6 years to make a classic album .. We all know Dre can't meet the expectations anymore and he still thinks the fans believe this perfectionnist argument .. LOL

If he can make a classic album he can take as long as he likes, exactly who is his competition? No one else on the west coast are making classics

So you're fine with him delayin Detox this long? That's basically what you said. This album might be a classic but it will NEVER live up to the expectations.

That's not basically what I said, that is exactly what I said - it's not like I'm sitting round the house all day waiting for Detox to drop, if it drops it can drop whenever as long as it's dope. If it's real dope then he'll have a better album than anyone in the last 10 years or so, is that worth the wait? Of course, all these wack and mediocre albums dudes are pumping out no one will even remember, so they may as well have not put something out at all

People are acting like Dre owes us something too, all like, "he's messed us around enough, he needs to drop it now". It's not the kind of situation where like Dre told you he was going to meet you at Dunkin Donuts and then ditched your ass, we're not on good buddy terms with Dre, he doesn't owe us an album

If it's a classic then it'll have lived up to expectations, because people are expecting a classic. Just being better than every album of the past couple of years will be good enough IMO

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2008, 03:23:39 PM »
lol@people dissing snoops album record. nigga been in the game for 15 years still going strong, most cats can only dream of having a record like snoop and still be relavent. Comparing dres albums to snoop is not smart either because dre is a producing legend who drops an album once in a minute, snoop is a rapper whos life expectant is meant to be real short but the fact nigga been in the game so long only nas and jigga can compare there records to him in terms of relavence and status shows how much of a legend snoop is.

About dre, someone spoke truth about him not being able to meet expectations, whatever he drops, people will want more but if its a classic he drops nobody will say shit but give him his props in the end. Also every classic dre and snoop have made, they have been part of, so snoop is probably just annoyed like anyone else about when the muthafucker is gonna drop because snoop knows he will be a part of it. Detox will never be right without snoop and dre knows this. You can talk about the direction all you want but in the end its going to be music and dre will have some funky ass beats and hot shit on there for snoop to spit on. Imagine did not make the cut because 1- its never anywhere close to detox material, joint is aight at most, the beat is boring and slow and it that was what detox was meant to sound like it would have been on detox. The fact that it also got delayed and pushed back meant dre knew people were not diggin the sound so his been swtiching shit up in the studio. Bishop said in a interview recently that he doesnt even know what dre shit will be on his album because dre has come back and said "i got better shit, new shit" so ofcourse dre knew he will have to step his own game up.

I for one will be coppin detox when it drops as i am sure many others will and hope it will have snoop on it. as a duo they are untouchable.

About the comments, they were hilarious, snoop is a funny muhfucka. ....

HEC

« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2008, 07:12:20 PM »
It was funny but the truth is Snoop did sound a bit bitter and it looks more and more to me that he might not be a part of Detox if he continues to make comments like these, and the fact is that Dre does not need Snoop to make a classic album

lost_assassin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2008, 08:21:08 PM »

LOL... i think snoop is hurtin he aint gon be the main character as in 2001 but i do agree dre is afraid it wont live up to the expectations. but hey its not like dre is been sittin on his ass . hes been behind the boards and sucess of eminem,50, game since 2001, and in 06 he helped jigga out, hooked up wit snoop again in 06 and is currently workin wit bishop so we cant say he been lazy he's hard at work and another reason why he takin so long is cuz he afraid to retire cuz he supposed to retire after detox
Cowards Only Wanna Act Hard When Its Convenient-Planet Asia(9mm)

Joe-Thee

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2008, 10:10:48 PM »

Snoops just mad cause he havent been asked to come to the studio yet...

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2008, 10:17:13 PM »

Snoops just mad cause he havent been asked to come to the studio yet...

LOL!!  Snoop's probably salty cuz he found out Crooked I might be on it.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2008, 04:58:39 AM »
It was funny but the truth is Snoop did sound a bit bitter and it looks more and more to me that he might not be a part of Detox if he continues to make comments like these, and the fact is that Dre does not need Snoop to make a classic album
i wouldn't mind if snoop isn't on it at all  :D
like you said, Dre doesn't need him.

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2008, 05:20:44 AM »

I for one will be coppin detox when it drops as i am sure many others will and hope it will have snoop on it. as a duo they are untouchable.

No worries there. From the beggining Snoop, Em and Bishop's appearences were set in stone. Dre's main protoge's for each era he drops an album.

woods

• Muthafuckin' OG

messi19

« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2008, 07:46:38 AM »

Detox with out Snoop = Wack

Jaduer

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2008, 07:58:51 AM »
i wouldn't mind if snoop isn't on it at all  :D
like you said, Dre doesn't need him.

Okay, why don't you mention all the classic Dre solo albums without Snoop on it? None. Don't get me wrong, I'm a very big fan of Dre's but a Dre album without Snoop wouldn't be the same. They make classics together. I even think Hittman once mentioned in an interview that they started making 2001 without The Chronic "gang" (Snoop, Nate, Kurupt and so on) involved but they realised that it wouldn't be the same without them.

Another thing - Dre needs Snoop for the singles, the same with Eminem (& maybe 50 wether you like it or not) Bishop Lamont has very little mainstream appeal.

Okka

« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2008, 08:15:18 AM »
Sounds like Snoop ain't even workin on "Detox", real fucked up, if that's true. It's been a long time since Dre dropped an album, but even he said "I do it because I want to not to stay in the game" (Hello).

Okka

« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2008, 08:17:54 AM »
I'm a very big fan of Dre's but a Dre album without Snoop wouldn't be the same.

Another thing - Dre needs Snoop for the singles, the same with Eminem (& maybe 50 wether you like it or not) Bishop Lamont has very little mainstream appeal.